Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could meet one NFL player who would it be?

OffensivelyPC

So last night, my wife and I were talking about football and the question came up: If you could choose only one player, what non-current or former Colts (or substitute your team if not a Colts fan) would you want to meet, say for a cup of coffee or hang out with?  So many good players to choose from.  I personally went with JJ Watt.  Dude is such a stand up guy, really active in his community, and seems to be so much fun.  How can you not love a guy that pretend proposes to a little girl who's crying because she is too young to marry JJ Watt?  I love that new commercial with him in it, "Com'on Paul!  What is that, chamomille tea?!!  You wanna take a NAP!!?"

For mostly self-interested, investigative reasons... RGIII.

Former Redskin... easily Chris Cooley.  Just seems like a cool guy and is one of the more knowledgeable and enjoyable media personalities we've got.

If I had the chance to actually talk football with someone... I think you'd almost have to go with Peyton, Tom, or a guy working the other end of the game's great mindgames like Ed Reed.

If it could be ANYONE without regard for the laws of space and time... Sean Taylor.  Would kill for an opportunity to even say something in passing but it's too late for that now. :(Thanks, man.  You were a joy to watch. 

You missed the rule that the player can't be a current colts player.  Former Colt's players are allowed however.

I meant non-current or non-former Colts players.  It's just a fun discussion topic anyway.  Other guys I considered were Jim Kelly (dealing with cancer, he has to have some words of wisdom), Richard Sherman (for a guy who's such a punk on the field, he seems like such a good representative to fans off the field - could be interesting) , Dick Butkus (beast), and some others I'm not remembering. 

Maria Sharapova or Eva Green, I think Jessica Biel would be awesome to talk to as well....oh we're talking football players. In that case I say Peyton Manning, he seems like a really funny guy, though Sherman or Robert Griffin, who people I know say is a really smart guy, would be cool as well.

So last night, my wife and I were talking about football and the question came up: If you could choose only one player, what non-current or former Colts (or substitute your team if not a Colts fan) would you want to meet, say for a cup of coffee or hang out with?  So many good players to choose from.  I personally went with JJ Watt.  Dude is such a stand up guy, really active in his community, and seems to be so much fun.  How can you not love a guy that pretend proposes to a little girl who's crying because she is too young to marry JJ Watt?  I love that new commercial with him in it, "Com'on Paul!  What is that, chamomille tea?!!  You wanna take a NAP!!?"

I'd like a chance to explain to him the benefits of joining the Colts.

Houston just doesn't appreciate him enough...  :sarcasm:

Guest nflfan014

I met David Givens and Christian Fauria at sports shows and talked to them.  Both were really nice and down to earth.  For current players I'd probably want to meet Drew Brees.

Maria Sharapova or Eva Green, I think Jessica Biel would be awesome to talk to as well....oh we're talking football players. In that case I say Peyton Manning, he seems like a really funny guy, though Sherman or Robert Griffin, who people I know say is a really smart guy, would be cool as well.

I didn't realize we were traveling outside the NFL for meet & greet sessions. All excellent choices BTW QuizBoy. Talking leads to coffee, coffee leads to a romantic supper, & supper leads well you know...A hug goodbye...Darn it!  :lol:

Former Colt player: Dwight Freeney because I wanna hear how he perfected his legendary tornado spin move. 

NFL player outside the Colts: 49ers/Raiders LB Bill Romanowski because I wanna see if he is really that messed up in the head from concussions. He's bat bleep crazy, but very entertaining to listen to.

Celebrities outside the NFL: Kevin Spacey, director Michael Mann, & of course the beautiful & funny Zoe Saldana.  

I didn't realize we were traveling outside the NFL for meet & greet sessions. All excellent choices BTW QuizBoy. Talking leads to coffee, coffee leads to a romantic supper, & supper leads well you know...A hug goodbye...Darn it!  :lol:

Meh, not one for coffee but I do suppers :)

The non-Vikings player that I want to meet is Curtis Martin, a great player and even better person. He was great with the fans when he was playing for the Jets. I have heard him being interviewed many times. He seems genuine and speaks openly. His HOF speech was very touching.

Now, someone who played well before my time who I would pay to spend even 15 minutes with is Bill Curry, former offensive lineman under Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi. He is a great story teller of sports events of the past. He used to be a guest on Mike & Mike in the Morning every week, but that was before he was hired at Georgia St. Univ. I miss hearing him.

Peyton, of course.

Just out of curiosity Gramz, outside of the entire Manning family, who would be your 2nd favorite NFL athlete to meet in person? Just wondering I guess. 

I'm shocked that the biggest #18 fan I know hasn't spoken to him in the flesh. We gotta make that happen for you. Maybe Nadine can pull some strings & grease the wheels with Jim Irsay or John Elway.  :thmup:

Meh, not one for coffee but I do suppers :)

We can exchange coffee for a fruity smoothie at a juice bar QuizBoy. That way your easy on the eyes female celebrity shows up in casual summer attire ready for an unforgettable adventure. Supper is still mandatory so you're still covered there my friend.  ;)

Famous spouses or significant others tagging along kind of ruin the whole ambiance of the day though. Major bummer. Ha! Ha! I still don't know how Justin Timberlake married Jessica Biel though. As singer Rod Stewart said "Some guys have all the luck." 

Just out of curiosity Gramz, outside of the entire Manning family, who would be your 2nd favorite NFL athlete to meet in person? Just wondering I guess. 

I'm shocked that the biggest #18 fan I know hasn't spoken to him in the flesh. We gotta make that happen for you. Maybe Nadine can pull some strings & grease the wheels with Jim Irsay or John Elway.  :thmup:

Never really given it much thought. :dunno:   Would be great to meet Reggie   ;)

If I could make this scenario happen for someone else, I would immediately arrange for Gramz-Peyton day! (I'd just demand a detailed recap and possibly an autograph.  ;) )

How sweet of you to say this, and I really believe you meant it.   :)   There is a reason why you are one of my Favorite Pats fans.   Thank you.