Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could meet one NFL player who would it be?

OffensivelyPC

The non-Vikings player that I want to meet is Curtis Martin, a great player and even better person. He was great with the fans when he was playing for the Jets. I have heard him being interviewed many times. He seems genuine and speaks openly. His HOF speech was very touching.

Now, someone who played well before my time who I would pay to spend even 15 minutes with is Bill Curry, former offensive lineman under Bear Bryant and Vince Lombardi. He is a great story teller of sports events of the past. He used to be a guest on Mike & Mike in the Morning every week, but that was before he was hired at Georgia St. Univ. I miss hearing him.

A darn nice guy & 1 hades of a football player. I can see why Bill Parcells  revered him so much. An excellent choice NFLfan! He worked his tail off & had a great outlook/attitude on things. 

When I said Bill Romanowski as my NFL player outside the Colts to meet, I just skipped the beloved category & went straight for what's this man gonna say next? I just have a preference for equally polarizing people meaning that those fans who love or hate an athlete are almost even.  

A darn nice guy & 1 hades of a football player. I can see why Bill Parcells revered him so much. An excellent choice NFLfan! He worked his tail off & had a great outlook/attitude on things.

When I said Bill Romanowski as my NFL player outside the Colts to meet, I just skipped the beloved category & went straight for what's this man gonna say next? I just have a preference for equally polarizing people meaning that those fans who love or hate an athlete are almost even.

Yes, I know what you mean. I don't want Romo spitting anywhere near me; so, I would not want to meet him. Lol. If you want an even more polarizing figure (more 50/50), meet Richie Incognito. He seems to have a lot of supporters as well as detractors. I don't know how many people like Romo.

To be honest with you, part of me wanted Jr. Seau to win a ring, especially when you remember how he died. Very sad actually. I'm torn because in 2007 I wanted the Giants to take down the mighty Patriots while at the same time I really respected Jr.'s almost 2 decade long career. 

Honestly, if you forced me to pick a guy I admire & root for outside of a QB, it's WR Wes Welker. He's short, smart, & tougher than steel man. :thmup: 

Yes, I know what you mean. I don't want Romo spitting anywhere near me; so, I would not want to meet him. Lol. If you want an even more polarizing figure (more 50/50), meet Richie Incognito. He seems to have a lot of supporters as well as detractors. I don't know how many people like Romo.

:lol: Tony has a good for dating/ marrying females who are easy on the eyes. I will give him that. Well, except Jessica Simpson no will will ever claim that she is Albert Einstein on the intelligence meter you know what I'm saying. 

The strange thing. I didn't hate Troy Aikman when he won 3 rings. Oh sure, I still detested Cowboys nation, but maybe it's Jerry Jones hype machine that ticks me off so much. 

My respect for HOF TE Shannon Sharpe went through the roof yesterday & I agree with Stephen A. Smith I'd be cool with the Patriots or the Colts as the new version of "America's Team." I root for winners not habitual losers man. 

http://youtu.be/OAXmptMLUiw

To be honest with you, part of me wanted Jr. Seau to win a ring, especially when you remember how he died. Very sad actually. I'm torn because in 2007 I wanted the Giants to take down the mighty Patriots while at the same time I really respected Jr.'s almost 2 decade long career.

Honestly, if you forced me to pick a guy I admire & root for outside of a QB, it's WR Wes Welker. He's short, smart, & tougher than steel man. :thmup:

I thought you would have selected Philip Rivers. He is somewhat polarizing but he is not a "bad" guy and he seems to have a nice personality off the football field. I know you respect him on the field.

:lol: Tony has a good for dating/ marrying females who are easy on the eyes. I will give him that. Well, except Jessica Simpson no will will ever claim that she is Albert Einstein on the intelligence meter you know what I'm saying.

The strange thing. I didn't hate Troy Aikman when he won 3 rings. Oh sure, I still detested Cowboys nation, but maybe it's Jerry Jones hype machine that ticks me off so much.

My respect for HOF TE Shannon Sharpe went through the roof yesterday & I agree with Stephen A. Smith I'd be cool with the Patriots or the Colts as the new version of "America's Team." I root for winners not habitual losers man.

http://youtu.be/OAXmptMLUiw

I'm sorry that I was not clear, SW. I was referring to Romanowski. I call him Romo. He was accused at least once of spitting at an opposing player when he played for the Broncos.

Actually, I like Tony Romo. He gets a bad rap. I just don't care for the team he plays for and the owner.

I thought you would have selected Philip Rivers. He is somewhat polarizing but he is not a "bad" guy and he seems to have a nice personality off the football field. I know you respect him on the field.

Nobody doubts Philip's skill set though. He can crush any defense, anytime, anywhere, or at least out score them if necessary. Hatred usually derives from someone being perceived as overrated or just lucky. Rivers has always had the NFL goods. 

If you wanna talk about a QB who gets criticism for not performing better in both Denver & Chicago it's Bears QB Jay Cutler especially now that his o-line is finally better. 

I'm sorry that I was not clear, SW. I was referring to Romanowski. I call him Romo. He was accused at least once of spitting at an opposing player when he played for the Broncos.

Actually, I like Tony Romo. He gets a bad rap. I just don't care for the team he plays for and the owner.

LOL! That's okay NFLfan my misinterpretation of what you said is actually more comical & it gave me a chance to poke for fun at the Cowboys so thank you for that softball home run.  :P

Yeah, Bill was 1 unstable cat personality wise. I won't argue that my friend. 

I've met Peter Warrick and BJ Daniels (Seahawks 3rd QB) more than once. They are cool as f***. I work as a the VIP parking lot attendant at the biggest club in Tallahassee. I didn't know who BJ was and was stern with him about the fact that he wasn't going through my gate. He could have had me canned on the spot but unlike the guest DJs, bottom feeding leeches who call themselves promoters, and other wannabes who have b**** fits when I do my job and charge them for parking that they think they shouldn't pay for, he explained who he was. The standoffish part of the convo ended when I asked who the Seahawks backup was. He was like Tavaris duh and he LET ME HOLD HIS SB RING!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to meet my favorite player ever though, Brett Favre! I went to the 2010 Saints game hoping to be a part of history when the Vikings became the uncrowned SB champions. That obviously never happened and I was heartbroken. I saved and saved for that trip, the only NFL game I've ever been to. That was the closest I'll ever get to meeting I suppose. Atleast I saw him throw 1 touchdown pass.

I would have to agree.  He is one of my favorite Non-Colts players.

When I was a kid, before Brett Favre and Emmitt Smith, i used to hoard as many Moon cards as I could. I have probably 12 of them left today in my cards that survived the floods back in Katrina. Seeing the Oilers get rid of him, and then move to Tennessee broke my heart.

warren-moon-costacos-poster.jpg

I would like to meet my favorite player ever though, Brett Favre! I went to the 2010 Saints game hoping to be a part of history when the Vikings became the uncrowned SB champions. That obviously never happened and I was heartbroken. I saved and saved for that trip, the only NFL game I've ever been to. That was the closest I'll ever get to meeting I suppose. Atleast I saw him throw 1 touchdown pass.

I live 5 hours from Favre's hometown, and back in the day you could go visit during the off season and get an autograph at the high school he practiced in during the off season. He has a big fan base among the gulf coast area, still to this day.

He was in Mobile earlier this year for something, I can't remember, I don't pay attention to this town anymore.