Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA Center list still available

Indeee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes. He's been injury prone since college. Why a real vet like Goodwin wasnt signed is...

um, a real vet WAS signed...Phil Costa.  Just because it's not the name you wanted doesn't mean Grigson didn't address the position.  He just got blindsided by the guy retiring after being signed.

And, ok, that is about Grigson...how is Luck saving Pagano's job?

He missed one game his senior year at USC and was a healthy scratch for most of last year

His last yr @ SC he was constantly going in and out of gms and getting abused by d tackles. He had ankle issues all throughout his last yr.

And I don't consider Phil Costa a real vet. He sucked in Dallas. By real, I meant someone that has shown they could play the position effectively.

His last yr @ SC he was constantly going in and out of gms and getting abused by d tackles. He had ankle issues all throughout his last yr.

And I don't consider Phil Costa a real vet. He sucked in Dallas. By real, I meant someone that has shown they could play the position effectively.

so like I said, Grigson didn't get the guy YOU wanted so therefore he dropped the ball.  gotcha  :thmup:

I still think Kyle Cook is a capable center. He played on a good Bengals O-line and because that line was very good, he stood out as the weakest link on it, IMO. He is definitely above average.

I think he is seasoned enough to the tune of 6 years in the league and should be a capable backup addition, and might be able to start if Khaled Holmes cannot go.

Another familiar name for the Colts is our former player Mike Pollak, he can play both OG and C and for our new style of offense, probably fits the Center position better.

IF the Holmes injury is serious then Thomas Austin would have been a likely person to bring back; however, surprisingly we cut him very early on. That move made no sense to me, but we do not always have the facts either. 

All of that said, we have players on the team who are capable of playing center now. I will not be surprised if we move Mewhort to Center.

IF the Holmes injury is serious then Thomas Austin would have been a likely person to bring back; however, surprisingly we cut him very early on. That move made no sense to me, but we do not always have the facts either. 

All of that said, we have players on the team who are capable of playing center now. I will not be surprised if we move Mewhort to Center.

I think we are down to Mewhort and Harrison as players who have experience playing C none in the nfl. 

um, a real vet WAS signed...Phil Costa.  Just because it's not the name you wanted doesn't mean Grigson didn't address the position.  He just got blindsided by the guy retiring after being signed.

um...didnt phil costa retire?

2 choices, Koppen or bring Saturday back out of retirement. Nobody I trust more then 2 veterans who have snapped for future HOF's...

i think bringing veterans is always important, especially with Super Bowl experiences. lol

I think we are down to Mewhort and Harrison as players who have experience playing C none in the nfl. 

I believe you are correct. I also believe the Colts will go with Mewhort before bringing in a veteran to start at center.

You both are wrong...we have FN Lutz.

um...didnt phil costa retire?

Um....yes he did, I even mentioned that in the post that you quoted.

um, a real vet WAS signed...Phil Costa.  Just because it's not the name you wanted doesn't mean Grigson didn't address the position.  He just got blindsided by the guy retiring after being signed. <--------------------------

He was all PAC 12 his senior year

I still think Kyle Cook is a capable center. He played on a good Bengals O-line and because that line was very good, he stood out as the weakest link on it, IMO. He is definitely above average.

I think he is seasoned enough to the tune of 6 years in the league and should be a capable backup addition, and might be able to start if Khaled Holmes cannot go.

Another familiar name for the Colts is our former player Mike Pollak, he can play both OG and C and for our new style of offense, probably fits the Center position better.

i was abou to mention kook too. i think he should be a fine addition. nothing spectacular but at least the dude contributes.

That is not saying much. He won it off reputation from his jr yr imo. I live in LA and watched a lot of SC gms. He came into his sr yr with a lot of hype and played hurt on a SC team that underachieved

all conference awards aren't passed out for past performance

all conference awards aren't passed out for past performance

They're voted on. He was a sr playing hurt. Sympathy votes. What does him winning a Pac 10 award the yr Barkley was getting killed and harrassed all yr have to do with him being injury prone? That was the season they were suppose to win a title and won like 7gms. Barkley was running for his life. And a lot of pressure was coming right up the middle.

Now, when he was healthy, he was good. Im talking Holmes