Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Vick Ballard out for season w/ torn Achilles

MTC

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is would this injury have happened if we didn't rush Ballard into training camp?

well it's not related to hIs previous injury so I would say yes. I'd also say saying he was rushed is jumping to conclusions, it sounded like he was recovered and good to go. Again, the fact his ACL held up and this is a different injury seams to support he was ready to go.

Sad to see, but he likely would have been our 3rd string RB, or perhaps split 2nd string snaps with Richardson. As long as T-Rich and Bradshaw stay healthy for the most part we will be fine

How would he split 2nd string snaps with Trent when Trent is the starter?

T Rich is the main man for sure now!! Whether we like it or not!!!

Let's start supporting him and rooting him on! He needs it more than anyone. I think he may be even putting to much pressure on himself. He needs Colts Nations to support him.. Let's be honest didn't have the best blocking for him last year (before people say brown was fine behind that AWFUl O line, brown and at Richardson have completely different running styles). T Rich was traded during season. Not easy for anyone. Let's just support him.

Let's start supporting him and rooting him on! He needs it more than anyone. I think he may be even putting to much pressure on himself. He needs Colts Nations to support him.. Let's be honest didn't have the best blocking for him last year (before people say brown was fine behind that AWFUl O line, brown and at Richardson have completely different running styles). T Rich was traded during season. Not easy for anyone. Let's just support him.

T Rich is like Jospeh Addia Stagger Stagger Juke Juke Spin -3 yards

We all want every Colts player to succeed, but the only reason this guy is on the 2014 roster is an unwillingness by mgmt to acknowledge the mistake and move on. I can understand the GM's inability to face facts but why so many fans think this guy will suddenly turn it around puzzles me. Kravitz gets it though as his "put up or shut up" column today pointed out rather bluntly.

We all want every Colts player to succeed, but the only reason this guy is on the 2014 roster is an unwillingness by mgmt to acknowledge the mistake and move on. I can understand the GM's inability to face facts but why so many fans think this guy will suddenly turn it around puzzles me. Kravitz gets it though as his "put up or shut up" column today pointed out rather bluntly.

You think Trent should be cut before camp?

Wow, the article Bob Kravitz wrote in no way contains any "tough language." The guy glossed over a lot of issues instead deciding to take direct quotes from people, and then go off on a tangent attacking them. Bob really needs to stick to talking hockey. In fact I'm a proponent of him being sent packing for a new sports writer... but first being given the playbook, and sent out to see how easy he claims it is to learn.  

We'll be looking because we're short now...

We don't know Bradshaw will be healthy

There will be plenty I hope the kid Crowell from the Browns gets let go but I think we will be in the market for a vet plenty of those too. There is no need to do much yet we still have Boom who some seem to like I want to see Tipton. And Trent put up decent numbers in a horrible offense his rookie year think it may be premature to right him off. If we only keep 3 plus a FB we might not need to go anywhere.

Bradshaw is very good when healthy. Neck surgery is scary but he has been cleared.  He has played 14 or more games 4/7 years two years he made it 12. It wasn't until last year welcome to the Colts that he really missed a huge chunk of time. Take his year with us out of the equation and his rookie year Bradshaw has only missed 8 games in 5 years. That isn't exactly injury prone then figure in Coughlin probably benched for at least a couple on GP we are looking at 6 missed in 5 years that isn't exactly injury prone. He does have the screws in his foot but that hasn't seemed to be a problem.

How is it a mistake!? I don't understand how you can say it is for sure a mistake and move on when he didn't even have an offseason with the team.. He hasn't even been on this team for a full year... Did you not look at the offensive line last year? He didn't have a chance. Give him a shot this year.

We won't know if it was a mistake until this year or not is basically what I'm saying..... I'm not trying to back up his poor play but I'm not gonna throw him out of the good player discussion either. See what he does the first couple weeks this year if he has some decent blocking and a full offseason with the team.

Can I say the obvious? THANK you, Grigson, for trading for Trent. Only a fool would be dissing Trent at this point. Talk about lack of understanding.

I am sorry that Vick has to face this physical setback. I hope he gets another shot, because he sure as hell deserves it. But the move Grigson made that now covers this teams * deserves some major props.

Michael Bush is our best option right now. I understand people want to look internally, but come on... who do we have... Rainey? Herron? By all means, if one of the two blows us away at camp, go with it, but Michael Bush is decent player who can fill the 3rd HB spot.

Michael Bush is our best option right now. I understand people want to look internally, but come on... who do we have... Rainey? Herron? By all means, if one of the two blows us away at camp, go with it, but Michael Bush is decent player who can fill the 3rd HB spot.

panicking already huh we could bring veteran in but I'd rather see what Tipton and Herron do

BRown was overpaid, Id rather have no depth than pay him what he got from SD.

Not sure but I read where Brown contract was for 3 years at 10million and most players are overpaid . You would rather have no DEPTH ?and if Bradshaw goes down your going to wish you had overpaid BROWN

How is it a mistake!? I don't understand how you can say it is for sure a mistake and move on when he didn't even have an offseason with the team.. He hasn't even been on this team for a full year... Did you not look at the offensive line last year? He didn't have a chance. Give him a shot this year.

We won't know if it was a mistake until this year or not is basically what I'm saying..... I'm not trying to back up his poor play but I'm not gonna throw him out of the good player discussion either. See what he does the first couple weeks this year if he has some decent blocking and a full offseason with the team.

I agree 100% lets see what happens this year if we had a remotely decent line things may have been different.  Everyone likes to talk about Brown behind the same line but if you go back and look at the number of carries and compare the fronts TRich faced vs Brown you will see some of the reasons for the difference in there numbers.  Also we had that load of crap we are a power running team mantra going on and we tried and teams knew we were going to try when Richardson was in the game, our offense was so predictable it was mid numbing in for the majority of the season.  Hopefully we will be a little more inventive this year.  I think we will pick someone up as guys get cut or we will pick up one of the FA vets that still want a shot.  It is not time to panic but I like most really hate these training camp injuries.

How is it ok to condemn the guy who came in and was basically forced to play the week he arrived and not knowing the playbook.  Calling him a failure is blatantly ignorant to the situation that he was placed in.  Plus you have the CONSISTENT failures of the O-line who constantly miss blocks and fail in their assignments.  Fleener, thornton, satele, and even castonza could not hold blocks for the life of them and Richardson made yards from nothing most of his time running.  The managments failures is putting together a decent O-line, not getting a decent RB.

Let this year be the judge if we have some sort of decent O-line.