Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss [Merge]

CR91

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who are we going to keep on the roster? I'm guessing we send griff whalen to the practice squad and keep 6 WR's on our roster. But I still like the pick. Hopefully moncrief can develop into wayne's replacement. Then we should try to trade Rogers or Brazil for picks.

I like him. My knowledge of him is limited, but I like him.

But I was hoping we would take someone we could use mainly as a KR/PR until Reggie is gone and his role in the offense can be increased. He's never done much or any returns, has he?

We still have Chris Rainey who is more than capable. Just needs the offseason and more reps.

We already have receivers who have potential. We need a safety, cornerback, and defensive line but WR. It just doesn't make sense, I thought with the new regime Jim Irsay said he wants to have a balanced team with defense. Obviously not looking like it, I am a bit dissapointed, I know he is a good player but there are way more pressing needs. Forgot to mention pass rusher, we need that too.

Great pick, great value! Good longterm answer.

Summary of my scouting report on him:

Moncrief has great athleticism, size and speed but must improve his route running and must learn to catch with his hands. Moncrief will learn from Reggie Wayne and sit behind some great receivers.