Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts lose a fan way too early...

bavanlan

Death is always hard to accept, but even harder when someone so young is taken so quickly.

My thoughts and prayers are with both of these families. 

On a side note, I have been very concerned about Franklin County and am wondering if anyone has heard from him???

He'll be smiling when we bring that Lombardi home this year.

What was his name on here

I am curious about this too...   Such a sad story.

Not sure he ever signed up for this version of the forum; he was on a bunch of earlier ones and left primarily for elsewhere in one of the migrations; I'm thinking it was the mycolts.net change.  His username was always 'neilkelty', except in our fantasy football league, where he was 'SweatyWagonLollipopKebabs'. 

Damnit, never got a chance to ask him where that name came from.

Not sure he ever signed up for this version of the forum; he was on a bunch of earlier ones and left primarily for elsewhere in one of the migrations; I'm thinking it was the mycolts.net change.  His username was always 'neilkelty', except in our fantasy football league, where he was 'SweatyWagonLollipopKebabs'. 

Thanks for the information.   It is really sad that this happened to him

Even though we rarely meet in person,  there are a lot of people we come in contact with on here, that become good friends and confidants.  It is sad to hear of one passing away, and especially at such a young age.  

Death is always hard to accept, but even harder when someone so young is taken so quickly.

My thoughts and prayers are with both of these families. 

On a side note, I have been very concerned about Franklin County and am wondering if anyone has heard from him???

I never understand why so many people say that. Death to a middle aged person or senior citizen can be just as devastating to me. Yes, I realize that shecolt was only implying or inferring that this individual had their whole life ahead of them. I know that. For my perspective, I always thought that a quick tragic demise is a comfort in a way because the victim doesn't suffer excruciating pain or fear they just collide with something & it's over like a lightbulb burning out. 

My sincerest condolences to that person's family & loved ones & I sincerely hope that the bus driver is doing okay & has someone to lean on for comfort & reassurance right now as well.

Sad to hear this. Whenever I hear of these untimely and utterly avoidable deaths, it always strikes me with great profundity how we're all connected. If any of the people involved had just done 1 thing different throughout their day from the moment they woke up, the timing would've prevented such a meeting. Sometimes the stars align to grant us great luck or terrible circumstance. 

72 year old bus driver. Really IPS? Contracting out your drivers sounds like a serious liability to public safety. 

Sad to hear this. Whenever I hear of these untimely and utterly avoidable deaths, it always strikes me with great profundity how we're all connected. If any of the people involved had just done 1 thing different throughout their day from the moment they woke up, the timing would've prevented such a meeting. Sometimes the stars align to grant us great luck or terrible circumstance. 

72 year old bus driver. Really IPS? Contracting out your drivers sounds like a serious liability to public safety. 

Your last sentence does bring up a valid point: Should there be an age limit on bus drivers? Now, that's not a discrimination issue more of a vision, reflexes, & depth perception question actually. Yes, I know that bus drivers must take their test once a year, but at that age macular degeneration can become a factor something my own grandmother has BTW. 

Again, I'm not trying to exclude anyone's right to earn a paycheck just promote safety as the #1 safety concern when you get behind the wheel of a large bus. Driving for recreation or as a part of an occupation is a privilege not a god given right. JMO. 

I have a unique vantage point on this because I drive with hand controls to safely operate my car. It took me a little longer to get my license, but if I was danger to other drivers or people on the street I'd give my independence up in a heartbeat to avoid accidentally & tragically killing an innocent person or by standard. People need to have the courage to tell other loved ones when it's time to hang up the car keys forever. 

No, I am not saying that this was the bus driver's problem either. 

I have a unique vantage point on this because I drive with hand controls to safely operate my car. It took me a little longer to get my license, but if I was danger to other drivers or people on the street I'd give my independence up in a heartbeat to avoid accidentally & tragically killing an innocent person or by standard. People need to have the courage to tell other loved ones when it's time to hang up the car keys forever. 

One final point: SW1 has no desire to change the scope of this topic from it's original intent or context. I just want to give additional detail on what hand controls really means & then I promise to shut up.

For those who don't know, hand controls are basically on system of metal pipes that are connected to a bar which controls the accelerator & brake. If you push the bar down, you accelerate & if you push the bar straight forward you brake or come to a stop. On my steering wheel, I have a spinner knob like on a farmer's tractor which is kind of cool because I never had to worry about my hand position on the wheel when I took my test actually. I also have an extender device on my turn signals too. 

Sorry for the diversion folks. My apologies & thank you for indulging me. Basically, most people drive with their feet primarily & I drive with my hands. It looks more or less like this below:

Modifying-The-Van-So-You-Can-Enjoy-Drivi

hand-control-kit-wimg7257.jpg

Wow. I actually remember seeing his name. I never conversed with him, but this is really sad to see.