Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

trent vs reggie

CR91

Are you talking entire league? I'm picking Percy Harvin for that. I don't see Trent or Reggie winning it.

Which Colt will have the best comeback season? If you frame your question that way, I'd have to ask, if Trent did not suffer an injury while Reggie did, Trent does not qualify, IMO. Trent might be the most improved player on the Colts and that would be the extent of it.

Reggie however was on IR like Dwayne Allen and it should be between the two of them. I'm picking Dwayne Allen to have the best comeback season of all Colts players that did not play due to injury last year.

What is Trent coming back from? He wasn't injured or on IR last year.

That is the point I was making above. It has to be Dwayne Allen or Reggie Wayne, IMO. I'm going with Allen as the Colt that will have the best comeback season.

News flash to everyone in this thread - you don't have to comeback from injury to be the comeback player of the year.

Has a non-QB ever won it without coming back from injury? I will wait for an answer

I am just saying this because this award is heavily tilted towards the QB position in the first place, IMO. It seems like the only way a non-QB wins is if they had an injury the previous year and they performed at a Pro Bowl level the next year.

I won't be surprised if the media anoints RG3 with it if he remotely has a good season along those lines.

Has a non-QB ever won it without coming back from injury? I will wait for an answer

I am just saying this because this award is heavily tilted towards the QB position in the first place, IMO. It seems like the only way a non-QB wins is if they had an injury the previous year and they performed at a Pro Bowl level the next year.

I won't be surprised if the media anoints RG3 with it if he remotely has a good season along those lines.

Every award is tilted towards the QB. I could see a small chance for a guy like Richardson to get it if he went off just because he was so awful last year.

Every award is tilted towards the QB. I could see a small chance for a guy like Richardson to get it if he went off just because he was so awful last year.

Yeah, a couple of things need to happen. He has to carry a workhorse load like an Adrian Peterson (which is less likely if Luck and the passing game is a factor, which it will be) and put up insane numbers. The odds are just stacked against him unless he goes for 1500+ yards with 15+ TDs, IMO.

When the same awful QB a year ago with 20 INTs throws 10 less INTs and 10 more TDs, the media looks at it more favorably.

Julio Jones will win it.

That's a good pick.

What are the candidate criteria for comeback player?  Has to be away from the game (ie. injury, jail time in the case of Vick, suspension in the case of Browner, etc)?  Rivers won it last year and I don't recall him being injured or away from the game.

That's a good pick.

What are the candidate criteria for comeback player?  Has to be away from the game (ie. injury, jail time in the case of Vick, suspension in the case of Browner, etc)?  Rivers won it last year and I don't recall him being injured or away from the game.

"The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance." That's the criteria. I think Rivers won it because he played well.

"The National Football League Comeback Player of the Year Award refers to a number of awards that are given to an NFL player who has shown perseverance in overcoming adversity, in the form of not being in the NFL the previous year, a severe injury, or simply poor performance." That's the criteria. I think Rivers won it because he played well.

So, when one is not injured and he wins it, does he have to acknowledge the fact that he stunk it up the previous year? :)

I think in 2012, it was Peyton and at the awards show,  he said "I'd rather have not been eligible for the comeback award if it all possible which meant I would have played in 2011 but that is just how it was."

Makes sense.  Thanks for that

Pep Hamilton is our offensive coordinator.........

Trent Richardson 

:colts:

Yeah, that's prolly pretty accurate. 

Also, you gotta factor in the addition of Nicks and the return of Allen. If Reggie has a statistically down season next season it won't necessarily be for a decline in skill, but because the options to pass to have increased greatly. 

The "poor performance" part is such a load of crap. "Hey, you sucked last year. Here's a trophy because you didn't stink the joint out this year!"

Really?

Yeah, that's prolly pretty accurate.

Also, you gotta factor in the addition of Nicks and the return of Allen. If Reggie has a statistically down season next season it won't necessarily be for a decline in skill, but because the options to pass to have increased greatly.

Well yeah but now that I think about...... Andrew determines who he throws to. That's an area he has to improve on is staring down Reggie

This year will be no excuse, if he continues to force passes to Reggie we'll have to do something about that.

But I believe he'll be fine due to the fact he was without Reggie last season after the Denver game.

We'll just have to see how it plays out

I hope it is TRich but I agree with the RG3 hype machine if he can just manage decent numbers get close to the playoffs even if it is just making good hand offs to Morris. It would benefit the NFL as a  business for him to be good.

Eli has a good shot good he was really  bad last year.

I agree it would take a huge performance for a non QB to win since 2001 has been a QB except 3x Hearst in 01 then Brushci/Steve Smith tied one year and Greg Ellis.

What is Trent coming back from? He wasn't injured or on IR last year.

Philip Rivers wasn't injured from 2010 to 2012, he just had a horrible stretch of years, then he came back and had a very good 2013 campaign, earning him 2013 NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

i mean trich did have surgery this offseason