Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kurt Coleman to visit Colts

VAcoltsfan

Ha, been saying he's one of the worst starting safeties in the league for years (although last year he was a backup).

Now he's visiting the Colts. He's a punk, and I'm not even getting into that Collie hit. 

He's a......  Punk?!?

What did he do to get that label thrown at him?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 6, 2014 - personal shot

He's a...... Punk?!?

What did he do to get that label thrown at him?

Andy is a fool that thinks he's much smarter than he is, if you hadn't noticed. Constantly trying to give his awful opinions as fact.

Do you really think they're giving up on Werner already?

Has nothing to do with giving up on Werner...or anyone else for that matter, It has to do with going BPA, There is a strong chance that the BPA at 59 is a 3-4 OLB/DE or maybe WR. I dont think a Safety will be the BPA even at a position of need 

Has nothing to do with giving up on Werner...or anyone else for that matter, It has to do with going BPA, There is a strong chance that the BPA at 59 is a 3-4 OLB/DE or maybe WR. I dont think a Safety will be the BPA even at a position of need

Why do I feel like you and I are the only ones who think this..

Has nothing to do with giving up on Werner...or anyone else for that matter, It has to do with going BPA, There is a strong chance that the BPA at 59 is a 3-4 OLB/DE or maybe WR. I dont think a Safety will be the BPA even at a position of need

Why do I feel like you and I are the only ones who think this..

you're definitely not the only two

Y'all definitely aren't the only 3 who think this

My fear is the best R2 safeties will be gone by 59.    

And that the best R3 safeties would be considered a reach at 59, and won't last until 90.

Kinda stuck in No Man's Land.     That's my draft fear.........

So, we might have to go BPA and take an OLB or WR....

Whoever we take, I hope we don't reach...............

Did you read the exchange I responded to? They were talking about specific positions.

Has nothing to do with giving up on Werner...or anyone else for that matter, It has to do with going BPA, There is a strong chance that the BPA at 59 is a 3-4 OLB/DE or maybe WR. I dont think a Safety will be the BPA even at a position of need 

Yeah, I don't like our chances for safety when the time comes. I'm not even sure WR will be either. With all the hype about this WR class I think we may see a landrush for them and we may be stretching to take one. 

Does anyone else wish we would look into signing FS Thomas DeCoud? He's coming off a bit of a down year, but he was a pro bowler in 2012. I think he would provide great competition for Howell, and he's only missed 7 games from 2008 - 2013.  Plus I'm sure we could get him very cheap. I know it's really unlikely, but I think he would be a good pickup. I think he's visiting Carolina on Monday.

Does anyone else wish we would look into signing FS Thomas DeCoud? He's coming off a bit of a down year, but he was a pro bowler in 2012. I think he would provide great competition for Howell, and he's only missed 7 games from 2008 - 2013.  Plus I'm sure we could get him very cheap. I know it's really unlikely, but I think he would be a good pickup. I think he's visiting Carolina on Monday.

I wondered about him too. He's probably the highest rated FA S left. Wright just signed.

If the Panthers don't get him, it would be worth a shot. S has to be our weakest, or at least most in certain position.

Ha, been saying he's one of the worst starting safeties in the league for years (although last year he was a backup).

Now he's visiting the Colts. He's a punk, and I'm not even getting into that Collie hit.

Seems that some people lack the ability to comment without resorting to insult! Perhaps they could develop a little "class."

I may be completely alone in this, but I want to see what Howell can really do given the chance. He looked great in the games he played last year. We have had good luck with no name safeties recently.

It certainly looks like he will be given a shot to prove his worth. 

I'd take a hard worker with limited talent on a lower end deal any day. There isn't much to lose if the deal is right. Coleman isn't the kind of player that is going to really be guaranteed anything. I assume he can pitch in on ST, but I'll defer to any Eagles fans stopping by on that.

Well any news on him did we sign him or what

He's signing with the Vikings. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10782069/safety-kurt-coleman-minnesota-vikings-agree-terms

I don't mind this; I don't think Coleman would make us better. But I believe this is the first time we've brought in a veteran free agent for a visit, and then didn't sign him. So Grigson is probably batting .975 now, rather than 1.000. 

He's signing with the Vikings. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10782069/safety-kurt-coleman-minnesota-vikings-agree-terms

I don't mind this; I don't think Coleman would make us better. But I believe this is the first time we've brought in a veteran free agent for a visit, and then didn't sign him. So Grigson is probably batting .975 now, rather than 1.000. 

well if he missed on one, then I'd rather it be on someone like Coleman than the higher priority visits he's had the last couple years

Not a major loss

well if he missed on one, then I'd rather it be on someone like Coleman than the higher priority visits he's had the last couple years

Not a major loss

maybe I missed something, but did the Colts even make an offer after his visit???

is it a possibility that the F.O./coaching staff didn't warm up to Coleman during the visit so they "Let" him walk.?.?.

maybe I missed something, but did the Colts even make an offer after his visit???

is it a possibility that the F.O./coaching staff didn't warm up to Coleman during the visit so they "Let" him walk.?.?.

Very possible. There's no report that an offer was made. And I don't care that we didn't get him; I didn't want him. But as far as I can remember, this is the first time a player has visited and not signed in the Grigson tenure.

Very possible. There's no report that an offer was made. And I don't care that we didn't get him; I didn't want him. But as far as I can remember, this is the first time a player has visited and not signed in the Grigson tenure.

Actually,  the infamous Darrius Heyward Bey came and went (the first time) without a contract...  and he have left and gone on to Detroit...   where he didn't sign...   and ultimately came back to Indy where he did sign on his 2nd visit.

Honestly, I had forgotten that and then someone else brought that up in another thread a few weeks ago....

So,  Grigson's batting average is not quite that high....

Actually, the infamous Darrius Heyward Bey came and went (the first time) without a contract... and he have left and gone on to Detroit... where he didn't sign... and ultimately came back to Indy where he did sign on his 2nd visit.

Honestly, I had forgotten that and then someone else brought that up in another thread a few weeks ago....

So, Grigson's batting average is not quite that high....

The way DHB played this season, they should've locked the doors & put 2 German Shepards at the front when he left the 1st time

Actually,  the infamous Darrius Heyward Bey came and went (the first time) without a contract...  and he have left and gone on to Detroit...   where he didn't sign...   and ultimately came back to Indy where he did sign on his 2nd visit.

So,  Grigson's batting average is not quite that high....

Landry left and visited another team, then signed a few days later. But both he and DHB eventually signed with us.