Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ricky Jean Francois Speaks Up About WR Hakim Nicks

So sign him to a 1 year deal so he can miss 8 games right? Yeah that makes sense. Let's put money into a player that won't play more than 50% of the season.

I don't understand how you guys complain about injuries yet keep wanting to sign injury prone players.

Hicks has missed 10 games in five seasons. Toler has missed over 30.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a DHB lowlight tape? :)

Type in DHB highlights on YouTube and you'd swear that was someone else wearing his jersey as to what we all say first hand this season

I told this forum when we signed DHB he was trash. I'm shooting 1-1. And if we sign Nicks this off-season, I'll be shooting 2-2 cause he's bad too.

Makes no sense to sign an injury prone WR to a team that isn't exactly known for being healthy

Type in DHB highlights on YouTube and you'd swear that was someone else wearing his jersey as to what we all say first hand this season

I told this forum when we signed DHB he was trash. I'm shooting 1-1. And if we sign Nicks this off-season, I'll be shooting 2-2 cause he's bad too.

Makes no sense to sign an injury prone WR to a team that isn't exactly known for being healthy

I am with ya on highlight tapes.....

Hicks has missed 10 games in five seasons. Toler has missed over 30.

And how many of those games was he playing injured in?

I can't count how many times I'd turn to FOX and hear Joe Buck (think that's his name) talk about a bad ankle or knee nicks is playing on

But whatever, if the forum wants him, y'all can have him. But don't make any threads about it when he starts missing games or going into a game at 65% or less.

Or don't run him out of here like you guys did DHB after I clearly stated he was trash the moment the first thread was created about him signing here

You may want to check your facts on his injury history

I can't count how many times I'd turn to FOX and hear Joe Buck (think that's his name) talk about a bad ankle or knee nicks is playing on

But whatever, if the forum wants him, y'all can have him. But don't make any threads about it when he starts missing games or going into a game at 65% or less.

Or don't run him out of here like you guys did DHB after I clearly stated he was trash the moment the first thread was created about him signing here

I have no idea if grigson is even remotely interested in Nicks. But he is far from garbage.

In fairness Bey dont belong on the same field as Nicks and the upside would be big in a 1 year prove it deal, If he dont work out then so be it, sign a wr in the draft as insurance

We get the right combos at NT and LB....I honestly think maybe more Gav.  I thought he did well when not injured!  

Yip.

Were going to stiffen that run D and create more quality PR opps.

More Montori, Pendleton and the New DE Guy ?and Mathis, Werner, Walden, and McNary on the blitz.

RJF will get to the QB.

Full faith we will be Much better on D.

In fairness Bey dont belong on the same field as Nicks and the upside would be big in a 1 year prove it deal, If he dont work out then so be it, sign a wr in the draft as insurance

I know their on 2 different levels. I don't think either is good but Nicks is better than DHB I'll give him that. But the way this forum reacted when DHB was signed you'd think we signed Marvin Harrison back.

But like I said, I'll say no more about nicks for the rest of my forum days. If we sign him, I'll just watch and won't comment

I know their on 2 different levels. I don't think either is good but Nicks is better than DHB I'll give him that. But the way this forum reacted when DHB was signed you'd think we signed Marvin Harrison back.

But like I said, I'll say no more about nicks for the rest of my forum days. If we sign him, I'll just watch and won't comment

You can root for him and comment when he is playing in Carolina!!

I have no idea if grigson is even remotely interested in Hicks. But he is far from garbage.

I'm speaking in "what if" perspective. The op showed a tweet about RJF "marketing" I guess you could say for Nicks. All Im saying is if we sign him it'll be a mistake like the DHB signing. Not as big of a mistake cause I know Nicks would contribute more than DHB ever could but still a mistake

they have 2 good WR and dont have huge cap. he is let go because of that and injuries...but he aint garbage. if he is healthy he is solid #1

and yea we complain about Toler, but he was given a 3 year deal, Nicks would be for a 1 year deal and if he sucks he is gone. no cap issues.

No real cap issues with Toler either.

So, we need to check with you before we start a thread now.  Got it.

Mods, please pin this so we all know the rule.

RJF needs to be more concerned with how he can improve as a player and help this team against the run instead of us signing Nicks. Nicks has been dealt with injuries the last couple of years we need a WR that can be productive and play 16 games. Nicks is not the answer if were not gonna sign Decker then we should draft a WR.

Then what is the complaint about Toler?

Greg Toler in coverage through first 7 games of season (before injury):

38 Targets

21 Receptions (55%)

3 TDs

1 INT

4 Passes Defensed

Case & Point ↑↑↑

I need to hang with you more Brian. You basically just said everything I just spent 20mins trying to say in less than 60 words haha

Toler is a perfect example of bringing in someone who's injury prone and acting surprised when they get injured as a Colt.

haha

Never understood why people act surprised when injuries happen to the Colts. Only one I can truly say surprised me was Reggie. When was the last time he missed a game? It was like 2002 or something I believe

I'm not watching that highlight tape. Highlights are called that for a reason. Even Mark Sanchez has a highlight tape on YouTube

Nicks is trash just accept it. If the Giants let him go, he's bad. They need all the help they can get after the season they just had

Nicks is always injured. You guys sit on here and bash Greg Toler for being injured so why do y'all want a glass WR? That's hypocritical in so many ways

Why? Are you afraid your unsubstantiated claim "He is just trash" will make you look like a fool? I would be to if I were you.

If you still wont watch it then I'll just provide the stats to back up my statement - something you have yet to do - and the provided highlights. 

5osf0m.jpg

Look at the yards and TDs the variation in the distance columns (anything under 20, 20+ and 40+). Does that tell us Nicks is a "trash receiver"? No, it certainly does not. On the contrary. It shows us he is a very formidable receiver. Now let's compare this to Jeremy Maclin. A quality WR from the same draft class.

5bwhuo.jpg

Unfortunately for Maclin he was out for the year last year, but that's beside the point. Their stats are very similar, except Nicks has more 1000+ yards seasons (Maclin has none), higher average, more yards per game, one more TD and more big plays (20+ and 40+). By your logic that would make Maclin a "trash receiver" too.... 

Now let's compare with our own Reggie Wayne's first 5 seasons.

2vm8ojq.jpg

Reggie, he doesn't need any further introduction. Compared with Nicks Reggie had 1 TDs more (28 vs. 27). Both had two 1000+ yards seasons, although Nicks had 4622 yards compared to Reggie's 4164. And that's despite Nicks not playing in 10 games over his first five years. Reggie on the other hand only missed 3 game. Big plays? It's not even a compitition. Nicks all the way here.

But.. according to your logic, Reggie must be trash too in his first five seasons.

I don't need to provide TY's stats, now do I? Nicks in his first two regular seasons were very similar too TY. Is TY trash?

And no it doesn't matter what round they were drafted in. What matters in the production, because THAT will show if you're "trash" or not.

My point. The only legit thing you wrote or agreed with was that he was injury phrone or had durability issues. That's evident in the table above. BUT you're claim that "he's just trash" is nonsense because there's statistical evidence that's suggests otherwise. 

You're attacking a supposed lack of ability by writing "he's trash".

You dont mean he's trash because he is injured. You mean he is trash because you THINK (= no statistical evidence to back it up) that he is trash.

I remember you from last season when Irsay broke the news about a possible big trade. Back then you claimed exactly the same thing, but nothing has changed in your argument (or lack thereof). You still don't provide any evidence to back up your claim.

No matter how many times you say "Hakeem Nicks is trash" wont make it any more true.

On the other hand, if your want to make the argument that the Colts shouldn't sign him because he can't seem to stay healthy for an entire season, fair enough (use the missing game stats I just provided). Construct a proper argument and stay with that.

Stop writing shouldn't sign him because "he is trash". I expect more from you than this nonsense and illogic, TKnight.

And lastly... no, the premise is NOT that you're trash if you're not Calvin Johnson or any top 10 WR.

I actually like RJF he was doin fine till he got hurt that slowed him down a bit. Hope to see him healthy all year!

Case & Point ↑↑↑

I need to hang with you more Brian. You basically just said everything I just spent 20mins trying to say in less than 60 words haha

My point was how can people complain about Toler because he was injured and claim he should be cut but RJF get a pass?

Both Toler and RJF performed well before getting injured. You can't say ok for one and trip on the other.

You're doing a lot of peacocking for predicting that a guy who signed a one year deal for a couple million wouldn't work out. Even in hindsight that was a great contract. No risk, high potential reward and it didn't work out. There was zero harm done.

Hakeem Nicks had 692 yards in 2012, his 4th season: http://www.nfl.com/player/hakeemnicks/80672/profile

Sorry, I forgot he was on a 5 yr. deal as a 1st round pick. The last 2 years was what I was referring to, without realizing he had 3 years and not 2 years prior to it. I was referring to his 4th season :), my bad

Just goes to show you why T.Y.Hilton should try to get his deal after year 3 instead of waiting for his contract year. It might be good on the Colts part too, IMO, so that you are not signing both T.Y. and Luck at the same time. Anything can happen with injuries and poof goes your contract value, Hakeem Nicks is proof. Don't tell him I said that!!! :) (j/k)

Along with Luck, we will be deciding between TY, FleenR, Allen, Chapman and, a few others on who we want to sign, all at the same time. And there are about $50+M in contracts that will expire or of our higher priced vets that can be cut or extended in time for it. Grigson and team seem to GET Contract sructure so re-signing our 1st couple batches of FA should go very well.

After that, we better have drafted and developed well.

Also of course Andrew will have to be MUCH NETTER by then because he will taking home the Pay of at least 2,3,4 Quality players.

The skill set is there for 5-6 sacks in my opinion

I agree.  If he had played all 16 games and kept on a steady pace in regards to sacks then he would have finished with 4.  Obviously that's not a guarantee but either way I think he will improve even more in year 2.  So I really don't understand why some of the people on here are so down on RJF.

I know their they're on 2 different levels. I don't think either is are good, (<--missed comma) but Nicks is better than DHB I'll give him that (<---run on sentence). But (<--never start a sentence with a conjunctive...and, but, etc) the way this forum reacted when DHB was signed you'd think we signed Marvin Harrison back.

You really need not be concerned with anyone else's grammar. ;)  Also, it's one thing to say you don't want a player because he's injury prone.  It's quite another to call the player trash or garbage.  That, imo, speaks directly to the player's lack of talent and Nicks does not lack in talent.  I am not saying we need to get him, but I also don't see any reason not to bring him in on a similar type of deal as what DHB received.

Nicks or Jones coming to Indy for a 1-2 year deal to me seems a lot better than what the media expects Decker to get if we sign him. I would hope we let Brazill, Griff and Da'Rick develop and when they are ready they can plug in when either FA I mentioned contracts were up or Reggie hung up the cleats.

First, not sure why some are down on RJF.  If it's because he was injured fine.  But when he played and considering he fought through injuries the entire season, I think he did fine.  Not JJ Watt fine, but fine nonetheless.

Second, not sure why some are down on Nicks.  Same thing with the injuries.  Blame him for being injury prone?  Fine.  But his talent can't be questioned.  On a one year prove it to me contract, I have no issues what so ever.

I am sick of all the injury excuses for poor play.

Over the course of the year, our backups played better than RJF. And our defense generally stunk.

Over the course of the year, our backups played better than RJF. And our defense generally stunk.

No, they didn't.  Also, if you're sick of injuries being excuses for poor play then perhaps you should speak with these injured players and tell them not to try to play hurt but rather wait until they're 100% until they return.  Oh wait, that's why so many people hated on Toler...because they were waiting until he was back to 100%.  

I would rather sign him for a 1-2 year deal than throw bags of cash at Decker

I was just listening to the NFL Network and they said to expect a lot of those short deals when Free Agency starts.  I'd prefer that too.

BTW, there's an article on NFL.com comparing Decker and Nicks.  Pretty equal, but the author chose Nicks.  IMO, his biggest problem is with injuries.  When he's healthy, he's a #1.  Again, only my opinion.

I was just listening to the NFL Network and they said to expect a lot of those short deals when Free Agency starts.  I'd prefer that too.

BTW, there's an article on NFL.com comparing Decker and Nicks.  Pretty equal, but the author chose Nicks.  IMO, his biggest problem is with injuries.  When he's healthy, he's a #1.  Again, only my opinion.

Couldn't agree more.. Nicks has the ability to be a big play maker for a lot less money if you ask me.

& I actually read the article if I'm not mistaking.

I'm not watching that highlight tape. Highlights are called that for a reason. Even Mark Sanchez has a highlight tape on YouTube

Nicks is trash just accept it. If the Giants let him go, he's bad. They need all the help they can get after the season they just had

Nicks is always injured. You guys sit on here and bash Greg Toler for being injured so why do y'all want a glass WR? That's hypocritical in so many ways

hahahah the hot shot apple juice sipper, adorable 

We can argue as to whether a player is injury prone and if they are worth signing to long term contracts (me, I say no).  But I don't think RJF had that issue.  Nicks does, which is why I'd sign him only to a one year prove it to me contract.