Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Satele is Gone!

Everyone

im tired of hearing about mack yes he's a great center but imagine the contract he would want i would rather slightly overpay de la puente han way way overpay for mack and leave nothing for the many other positions of need we have i cant wait til the browns or another team grossly overpays him so we can still get one of the other talented centers available for a much more reasonable price

you'd be paying for a Center who is very overrated, He had alot of help from his Guards because he slips off blocks often, is not a consistent drive blocker (not enough strength), Decent pass blocker but considering what we just got rid of at Center thats not saying alot

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may very well want to play for a winning organization, but I don't think he can take anything less than top dollar to do so, or Cleveland will just match it. Unless I'm missing something. Which is entirely possible ;)

I know he's still going to test free agency..

It's kind of funny we released Satele before free agency and the draft..

I'm guessing they already have a plan in place.

Yes, any athlete can be signed to a contract IndyGal. I still don't know why a quality franchise like the NY Giants picked Painter up. Maybe that's why OC Kevin Gilbride got replaced with Danny Langsdorf from the GB Packers. Just Kidding! I do slam Painter a lot, but the guy is like a cat. He always lands comfortably on his feet somehow. It's a complete enigma to me though how Painter manages to keep working in the NFL. 

It's never easy getting let go naturally, but it comes with the territory among football coaches & players I guess. 

I'd imagine Peyton and Eli exchange a lot of football schemes and passing concepts with each other. Painter knows Peyton's system (even if he sucked at it) and so did Sorgi (whom the Giants also signed after he was released from the Colts years ago) I'm willing to bet they were both signed by the Giants for that reason, and not so much for actual production on the field. Also, Gilbride's "run and shoot" variant is like a 2nd or 3rd cousin to what Peyton runs now. Similar concepts, at least

My question is...where did you get this GIF of the famous...now infamous head bobbing Satele?

This is number 64 at his very best?   :)

That bear or the moon would've been a better Center than Satele. Actually, even that bookcase next to the bear would've been better.

The likelihood Alex Mack is in anything but a Browns uniform, at least for this season is extremely low.

Agree, it's low - this year. If the Browns keep him, they have to pay him 10+ mil next season. The season after that he'll get even more if franchised. And that's what you'll have to do to over and over in order to keep him, because let's face it... he doesn't want to play for a dysfunctional organization like the Browns if a well-run organization like the Colts offer around the same kind of money. He will be gone eventually.

Agree, it's low - this year. If the Browns keep him, they have to pay him 10+ mil next season. The season after that he'll get even more if franchised. And that's what you'll have to do to over and over in order to keep him, because let's face it... he doesn't want to play for a dysfunctional organization like the Browns if a well-run organization like the Colts offer around the same kind of money. He will be gone eventually.

Can't argue with that, but the salary cap is increasing a lot the next few seasons. We'll keep him this year and if we can't get him under contract will likely look to draft a Center, either this year or next. 

I will admit that I was not against the Satele signing.  I believe at the time he had some family issues and the thought was a change of scenery and a new start.  I had not seen enough of him on the left coast or with the Dolphins.  So at the time I was for the signing....yet...first to criticize poor play!

Bobb that head !!! :lol:

Satele cut does that mean Mack or puente?

no it doesnt

I'm going to drink a fifth to celebrate

wow like right before you chose your user name?

I doubt the front office will take much criticism for this move haha

not now but in a year they probably will

This means that we are definitely gonna attack one of the big 3 centers in free agency ( Mack, deit smith, de la puente). I don't see us drafting a center, and even so we need a starting center, so unless we take one in the second round we aren't getting any starters. 

ALL HAIL GRIGSON

no, it means satele isnt a colt

Does anyone else just feel like this gives you a HUGE amount of confidence in management like Chuck and Grigs? For me it sure does! WOW!

no, it shouldve been done a while ago

wow like right before you chose your user name?

Yes. There was no sarcasm involved what so ever when I picked my screen name. I chose it because I was 100% serious. I would have given a 1st round pick, Satele, and DHB for Trent Richardson. Somehow Grigson pulled it off for just a pick?! Highway robbery.

Yes. There was no sarcasm involved what so ever when I picked my screen name. I chose it because I was 100% serious. I would have given a 1st round pick, Satele, and DHB for Trent Richardson. Somehow Grigson pulled it off for just a pick?! Highway robbery.

Just look at the fallout for the Browns,FO sacked, coach sacked, we really pulled their pants down on this one. :P

i see what ya did there...... :thmup:

I like this one.

Phillip B Wilson ‏ @pwilson24

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

#Colts GM Ryan Grigson says new O-line addition Samson Satele has traits to become one of #NFL's top centers. #fb

That caught my eye, too.  It appears so many were hopeful of finally cementing a decent o-line that the Satele  signing was the glue.  However, I am so tired of watchng us fail in drafting and signing O line players that I am mum in signings, and releases of O-line players. We had success (to some degree) with Costanzo and Cherilus, but beyond that, not so much.  Until I see who takes over and how they play, I'm not so pumped up about the cut. But it does give hope and possibility.

To be fair though, I believe Satele's struggles here were every bit as much the fault of extremely poor coaching along the offensive line as it was his own inability to perform. It's like everyone on earth except the coaching staff could see that the combination of Satele next to poor guard play, or McGlynn starting out of his natural position of center (and forcing him as a power gaurd for the sake of keeping them both in the starting lineup) was why our line play was extremely poor. More than Satele, McGlynn or Grigson, I blame which ever coach it was who continually made poor lineup decisions, week in and week out. Reitz should've been the other starting guard opposite Donald Thomas, and McGlynn or Shipley should've been starting at center this year. The coaching staff letting McGlynn and Satele drag the production of the entire offense down for 2 seasons is what has me worried more than who we can find to replace them. I can't say I fully trust the decisions of the line coach/coordinator/head coach (whomever it was that ultimately made that call) to field the best 5, even if Grigs brings more talent in next year

I like this one.

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

#Colts GM Ryan Grigson says new O-line addition Samson Satele has traits to become one of #NFL's top centers. #fb

Never was a fan of Mr. Wilson's work on Twitter, or elsewhere... and anyone who has a pick of him and Guy from the food network as a cover photo loses more points.

@satele64 "Ready for my next journey.... Leettss Goooo

Hawaii"

lmao Good riddance

I like how there were some tweets on his page about some people not knowing what they are talking about, and comments addressing people who were critical of his play... That he later blamed on his brother.

I like this one.

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

Thats enough to worry me about Grigsons ability to spot O Line talent right there when it was blatantly obvious for anyone who knew what they were looking at while Satele was in Oakland that he does not have the traits needed of a starting O Linemen