Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Satele is Gone!

Everyone

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm in favor of the cut, I feel for the guy. It really sucks when your best effort just doesn't get it done. I hate to see any member of the Colts fail. I wish him luck with his future endeavors.

*watches forum members dance around the bonfire made from Satele jerseys*

This means that we are definitely gonna attack one of the big 3 centers in free agency ( Mack, deit smith, de la puente). I don't see us drafting a center, and even so we need a starting center, so unless we take one in the second round we aren't getting any starters. 

ALL HAIL GRIGSON

This means that we are definitely gonna attack one of the big 3 centers in free agency ( Mack, deit smith, de la puente). I don't see us drafting a center, and even so we need a starting center, so unless we take one in the second round we aren't getting any starters.

ALL HAIL GRIGSON

Could also mean Holmes is developing well behind the scenes. They didn't need to cut him, so it says to me that they have a plan. It reveals a certain level of confidence for free agency and the draft.

Posters are funny.  Yes an upgrade of Satele was needed but from the reaction on this board, one would think that Satele was the one soley responsible for all 12 of the Colts losses the past two years.

I also think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when the Colts don't sign one of the top 3 FA centers.

Does anyone else just feel like this gives you a HUGE amount of confidence in management like Chuck and Grigs? For me it sure does! WOW!

yeah well just wait till the next signing, then im willing to bet 90% of those cheering Grigs today will be calling for his head on a platter

While I'm in favor of the cut, I feel for the guy. It really sucks when your best effort just doesn't get it done. I hate to see any member of the Colts fail. I wish him luck with his future endeavors.

*watches forum members dance around the bonfire made from Satele jerseys*

I felt this way until i remembered how much loot the guy made the past two seasons...

Posters are funny.  Yes an upgrade of Satele was needed but from the reaction on this board, one would think that Satele was the one soley responsible for all 12 of the Colts losses the past two years.

I also think a lot of people are going to be very disappointed when the Colts don't sign one of the top 3 FA centers.

They wouldnt just release him without a plan. Hell, even Mike McGlynn played better at Center than Satele did.

Transition player C Alex Mack fully intends to test the open market.

"I still have an opportunity to meet with coaches and experience free agency," Mack said. "That’s the goal. I like Cleveland; I know it. ... But there are other opportunities out there. You only get to play this game so long. Let’s see what else is out there." Mack appears intent on landing a long-term deal, but there are far worse fates for a center than playing on a $10.039 million, one-year tender. Mack should ultimately remain in Cleveland.

My thinking is this:

We started out the day at roughly $40,907,024 in cap space

Signed Jackson to a $22,000,000 deal (which if you look at it in terms of 22 mill for a 30 year old ILB seems like alot but it really isn't) but only $11,000,000 guaranteed so essentially it looks like Grigson sees Jackson as a short term option which to me says we will be drafting an ILB at some point in the draft....signing Jackson keeps Grigson from feeling forced like he has to reach for an ILB that might not be a plug and play player, so essentially we could draft an ILB with big upside late and develop him.

Back to what the likely cap hit will be from Jacksons first year: 5 mill...So that gives us roughly: $35,907,024.00

Satele cut:roughly $4,000,000

So that puts us at roughly $39,907,024.00

Gordy $1,431,000

roughly $38,476,024 (Again dont take this as the gospel truth here) just trying to get an idea, nothing more, nothing less

My thinking is this:

We started out the day at roughly $40,907,024 in cap space

Signed Jackson to a $22,000,000 deal (which if you look at it in terms of 22 mill for a 30 year old ILB seems like alot but it really isn't) but only $11,000,000 guaranteed so essentially it looks like Grigson sees Jackson as a short term option which to me says we will be drafting an ILB at some point in the draft....signing Jackson keeps Grigson from feeling forced like he has to reach for an ILB that might not be a plug and play player, so essentially we could draft an ILB with big upside late and develop him.

Back to what the likely cap hit will be from Jacksons first year: 5 mill...So that gives us roughly: $35,907,024.00

Satele cut:roughly $4,000,000

So that puts us at roughly $39,907,024.00

Gordy $1,431,000

roughly $38,476,024 (Again dont take this as the gospel truth here) just trying to get an idea, nothing more, nothing less

Reitz is likely the same tender as Gordy. Cam Johnson is $495k, I believe (probably not a top 51 contract). 

Transition player C Alex Mack fully intends to test the open market.

"I still have an opportunity to meet with coaches and experience free agency," Mack said. "That’s the goal. I like Cleveland; I know it. ... But there are other opportunities out there. You only get to play this game so long. Let’s see what else is out there." Mack appears intent on landing a long-term deal, but there are far worse fates for a center than playing on a $10.039 million, one-year tender. Mack should ultimately remain in Cleveland.

as much as I'd love to get Mack....I dont want to pay that much. kind of sucks the Browns hit him with the transition tag..

The first topic to ever be posted on this forum that every member will agree on!!

That only cleared up 1.7 in cap?

Thought it was $4 million..?

His signing bonus was 3.2 million.  Prorated against the cap, 1/3 is left as dead money ($1,066,668.00)   Satele's 3.9 million base for 2014 was not guaranteed.

So, does that mean we save 2.9 million on our cap with this cut?