Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Satele is Gone!

Everyone

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not inclined to rejoice until we know who is starting, and they prove to be an improvement (shouldn't be hard, but I don't like to get ahead of myself).

I'm not usually the guy to say things like this, but I can't see it getting any worse. Pretty much anyone will be better. Satele's overall play, especially last season, was among the worst in the league. I'm nervous about giving it to Khaled Holmes because I'd like to see the problem fixed once and for all, and Holmes might not be that good. But I can't imagine anyone being worse than Satele was in 2013.

I'm not sure there seems to be a thing on the internet saying that it only cleared up 1.7 mil.  But everything on overthecap and sportrac said 4 mil.

This seems to indicate 4 mil

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/colts-cut-starting-center-samson-satele/

Really his cap hit was around 5 mil but about a million of that was in signing bonus.

It should be 4 million.

Hmm.. Best news I heard all week.

Up next.. V. Davis!

I'm not usually the guy to say things like this, but I can't see it getting any worse. Pretty much anyone will be better. Satele's overall play, especially last season, was among the worst in the league. I'm nervous about giving it to Khaled Holmes because I'd like to see the problem fixed once and for all, and Holmes might not be that good. But I can't imagine anyone being worse than Satele was in 2013.

I personally thought they would wait until they signed someone to cut him but I guess they didn't want to wait that long.  

Funny:  People talked about how great Grigson was when he signed Satele.  A short two years later, people are talking about how great Grigson is because he released Satele.

Weird, I don't remember ANYONE being in favor of Satele being signed in the first place.  He has never been a very good center.  My friend is a Dolphins fan and he said they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Funny:  People talked about how great Grigson was when he signed Satele.  A short two years later, people are talking about how great Grigson is because he released Satele.

Not all of us talked about how great Grigson was for signing Satele lol

Can't wait for the Heyward-Bey celebration.  Oh wait, that was a one year deal.  Was that not celebrated somehow? 

Weird, I don't remember ANYONE being in favor of Satele being signed in the first place.  He has never been a very good center.  My friend is a Dolphins fan and he said they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Then you were not around on this forum then.  Many on here thought it was proof that Grigs was going to be a better GM than Polian because he was not afraid to go out and fill needs via free agency with top tiered talent.

Good times, good times.