Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Satele is Gone!

Everyone

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mack isn't worried so much about money I dont think, he knows damn well he will get a good deal no matter wherever he goes. He wants to experience winning

He may very well want to play for a winning organization, but I don't think he can take anything less than top dollar to do so, or Cleveland will just match it. Unless I'm missing something. Which is entirely possible ;)

im tired of hearing about mack yes he's a great center but imagine the contract he would want i would rather slightly overpay de la puente han way way overpay for mack and leave nothing for the many other positions of need we have i cant wait til the browns or another team grossly overpays him so we can still get one of the other talented centers available for a much more reasonable price

We all knew this was coming now i think will sign Alex Mack.

I love Mack, but don't want to break the bank on him.....which it will require us to do. I would be thrilled with Dietrich-Smith or De La Puente at a reasonable cost. However, I have a bad feeling we end up with Rich Ohrnberger simply because Grigson seems to like the value guys with good potential. Just my thought.

They wouldnt just release him without a plan. Hell, even Mike McGlynn played better at Center than Satele did.

I'm sure they have a plan.  I just think fans will be disappointed when that plan does not include one of the three top tier center FAs.

And no, McGlynn did not play better at center than Satele did.  Neither played well but McGlynn was much worse, especially in pass protection and line calls.

an underperforming center for the falcons who im sure was hated by matt ryan for making him run for his life so much i seriously hope we get brian de la puente hope you agree tknight

I don't even know who Puente is haha . Honestly, if it's not a Colts player or high profile player like Megatron or someone, I probably won't know who they are.

I'm working on studying more about more players but for right now, I'm not the most knowledgeable about the other players in the NFL

I don't even know who Puente is haha . Honestly, if it's not a Colts player or high profile player like Megatron or someone, I probably won't know who they are.

I'm working on studying more about more players but for right now, I'm not the most knowledgeable about the other players in the NFL

but...but your hilarious

Just do what most people on the forum do.  Look at some stats, read a few websites, post that information as your own and act like you have watched every play of that player since he started High School and broke down every play of NFL film in slow motion 5 times each.

I wonder what Robert Mathis is thinking as he is reading this thread? He's probably crying laughing at some of these comments!

He's probably saying "My thoughts exactly!"

I'm so glad that dude is gone.  I got so sick of looking at him getting pushed right back into Andrews lap.

Just do what most people on the forum do.  Look at some stats, read a few websites, post that information as your own and act like you have watched every play of that player since he started High School and broke down every play of NFL film in slow motion 5 times each.

hahahaha its funny because its true im guilty of this just a tad bit

Just do what most people on the forum do. Look at some stats, read a few websites, post that information as your own and act like you have watched every play of that player since he started High School and broke down every play of NFL film in slow motion 5 times each.

Nope, that's not for me. When I learn about someone, I take it like homework. Gotta put the time in to get the knowledge

I agree and that's good to know.  When I do it, I usually post something like, "from the things I've read..." or "From the few games I've watched..."

Nope, that's not for me. When I learn about someone, I take it like homework. Gotta put the time in to get the knowledge

i applaud you just too much info to go through sometimes but if im very intrested in the player ill go through any piece of info i can get but some players just dont interest me that much

i applaud you just too much info to go through sometimes but if im very intrested in the player ill go through any piece of info i can get but some players just dont interest me that much

Nah if I put my mind to it, I'll take the time to learn about the player. But if not I'll just skim through a game or look up their highlights on YouTube haha

I'm no Satele fan, but I do feel a bit bad for celebrating that a guy just lost his job. So thanks for the effort Mr. Satele and good luck elsewhere.

Now I'm going to go back to being bitter about just finishing the 3rd season of Game of Thrones.

I'm no Satele fan, but I do feel a bit bad for celebrating that a guy just lost his job. So thanks for the effort Mr. Satele and good luck elsewhere.

Now I'm going to go back to being bitter about just finishing the 3rd season of Game of Thrones.

April 16!

Does anyone think Grigson will go after just one truly elite FA? I think the front office will do what they did last year. I dont see any big first day over paying signings. Yes Satele gone is a good thing for the team but it sucks the man lost his job. I wish him the best on whatever team he signs with.

Does anyone think Grigson will go after just one truly elite FA? I think the front office will do what they did last year. I dont see any big first day over paying signings. Yes Satele gone is a good thing for the team but it sucks the man lost his job. I wish him the best on whatever team he signs with.

If they do, it better be Byrd.

I wonder what Robert Mathis is thinking as he is reading this thread? He's probably crying laughing at some of these comments!

He's probably saying "My thoughts exactly!"

I'm so glad that dude is gone.  I got so sick of looking at him getting pushed right back into Andrews lap.

You can say that again krunk. An all too familiar occurrence to be sure. 

I have it on good authority from a forum member that Curtis Painter is a baller :P

Ahhh imagine the dream team, Satele snaps it to Painter... *shudder*.

Wow, that is indeed bone chilling scary SCC. SW1 just got goosebumps...

As Peyton once said, "you need to be careful what you wish for".

I'll rejoice once our replacement proves to be better.

Yes, there's always 1 guy who has to collapse my euphoric, blissful state. Good advice BHC as always. SW1 just needs to bask in this glorious news for a few days. By Monday, I will be ready to be logical again.  :hat:

Why not?  Somebody picked up Curtis Painter.

Curtis.  Painter.

Yes, any athlete can be signed to a contract IndyGal. I still don't know why a quality franchise like the NY Giants picked Painter up. Maybe that's why OC Kevin Gilbride got replaced with Danny Langsdorf from the GB Packers. Just Kidding! I do slam Painter a lot, but the guy is like a cat. He always lands comfortably on his feet somehow. It's a complete enigma to me though how Painter manages to keep working in the NFL. 

It's never easy getting let go naturally, but it comes with the territory among football coaches & players I guess. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2014 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2014 - quoted removed post

this makes me very happy in pants

There are so many things I could say in response to that statement NZ1CF & I realize that it was probably an innocent remark. But, I will do the right thing here & walk away even though my sarcastic meter is screaming at me to leave an impression. It's a tough call though.  haha

I'm not mocking you NZ1CF. I just need to remind myself that this site is a PG audience. Enough said...Let's just say that you have a way with words that is not easily forgotten & leave it at that. 

Exactly.  So we saved some salary, and may be 3 mil less on the cap, but what will the position play level at that position turn out to be? Until that gets addressed, the only addition by subtraction we have from the is on the fiscal side.

Then you were not around on this forum then.  Many on here thought it was proof that Grigs was going to be a better GM than Polian because he was not afraid to go out and fill needs via free agency with top tiered talent.

Good times, good times.

I will admit that I was not against the Satele signing.  I believe at the time he had some family issues and the thought was a change of scenery and a new start.  I had not seen enough of him on the left coast or with the Dolphins.  So at the time I was for the signing....yet...first to criticize poor play!

Hell, my dad said that long before number 18....why does Peyton get all of the credit?

Pops is 92...I guess Peyton is getting close to that  :funny:

Meh I wouldn't feel so bad for him.  He made millions playing for the colts and got a good signing bonus as well.  He received top 10 center pay while he was here and was one of the worst starters in the league.  In 2012 when he signed the contract he got 3.9 million before he even played a snap as a signing bonus.  Then he got $700,000 in salary during the season.  The following season he got 2.7 million in salary.  So in all he's leaving Indy having received 7.3 million dollars over 2 years.  (Now I know the government takes a big bite out of that but you have to figure he's still saw at least 4 million of that.)

I wouldn't celebrate if it was some guy on the NFL min salary or something like that.  But after a guy has gotten millions in the NFL to where if he was smart and saved that money and he can go home and never have to work another day in his life then I'm not gonna feel bad about getting rid of a guy who was vastly overpaid and who's poor play caused so many problems for this team.

Professional sports players, CEO's for major corporations, and coaches of both college and pro teams it's all sort of the same deal.  They all work in very insecure jobs BUT they get paid so well that in many cases if they are allowed to work for just one year they should still have enough money to live on the rest of their life.  And quite frankly that isn't a bad deal at all.  

If my boss wanted to pay me Satele money for the next 2 years and then before the 3rd year started fire me. . . I would still leave my job singing a happy tune.  

It's sad when someone loses their job usually because they need most of that income to live on.  But if you got paid so much that you should be able to bank the majority of it and retire then it shouldn't be sad at all.