Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How will the AFC South go this year?

Beauregarde

How will the AFC South go this year.  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How will the AFC South go this year

• The Colts will go 6-0 against the South and win the division easily.
    • Houston will give the Colts all that they want and challenge for the division title.
    • The rest of the division catches up to the Colts.
    • The Colts go 5-1 in the division.
    • The Colts go 4-2 in the division.
    • The Colts go 3-3 in the division.
    • The Colts go less than 3-3 in the division.

6-0 and another division title. We won the division comfortably last season, and that happened with several key players being injured. This year we'll likely go 13-3 and get the 1st or 2nd seed in the AFC. No team in the AFC South and very few teams in the AFC can keep up with the Colts offense. Defense is not going to be elite, but top 20-15 defense is good enough because the offense will be so extremely potent.

Houston will dominate.

I don't know if they will dominate but I do think they could be very, very good. If they draft Clowney, I think they are setting that team up to beat Andrew Luck and that is a great move for them. I don't know if it will happen but it will not be two of Luck's favorite games of the season.

Texans with keenum a Rex Grossman with less talent now people know what to expect he's has no shot a being a NFL QB pressure him and defend deep passes he has no answer for that . 

Jags I just see them making a leap and losing MJD should be a few easy wins .

Titans are rebuilding I don't expect them to turn it around with the personnel they have

could change after the draft and FA if the Texans or Titans land a franchise QB they could be very competitive .  

Texans and Jags are both in position to draft some top QB's.  They will be rookies but one has to think that at the very least the Texans will have the team talent to beat us in Houston.

I say we still win the division but I don't think we go 6 - 0 doing it.

Texans and Jags are both in position to draft some top QB's. They will be rookies but one has to think that at the very least the Texans will have the team talent to beat us in Houston.

I say we still win the division but I don't think we go 6 - 0 doing it.

Texans with keenum a Rex Grossman with less talent now people know what to expect he's has no shot a being a NFL QB pressure him and defend deep passes he has no answer for that .

Titans are rebuilding I don't expect them to turn it around with the personnel they have

could change after the draft and FA if the Texans or Titans land a franchise QB they could be very competitive .

You guys do realize there'll be 3 new QB's in the AFC South come next season right?

Don't believe Ken Whisenhunt about starting Jake Locker, dude is made of glass so they'll need a backup QB or starting QB from the draft

I don't know if they will dominate but I do think they could be very, very good. If they draft Clowney, I think they are setting that team up to beat Andrew Luck and that is a great move for them. I don't know if it will happen but it will not be two of Luck's favorite games of the season.

IMO I think the Texans take Bortles or Bridgewater with the first pick and Jax taking the other with their 3rd pick followed by Manziel being picked with the 4th pick. they are in need of a QB more then they are in need of a defensive player. Schaub can not stay healthy, Keenum really isn't as good as some like to make him out to be and Yates is an average QB at best who would avg a 8 win season a year. maybe if they traded for Cousins (which the skins want a 2nd rounder for him) maybe then I would take Clowney if I was Houston, but seeing that they do need a young QB to contend in the South, that is in my opinion is what Houston addresses with their first pick, is the QB position. and St.Louis trade their 2nd pick to Atlanta who likes Clowney.

You guys do realize there'll be 3 new QB's in the AFC South come next season right?

Don't believe Ken Whisenhunt about starting Jake Locker, dude is made of glass so they'll need a backup QB or starting QB from the draft

I agree . I think Houston takes Bridgwater or Bortles, followed with Jax taking the other and Tennessee taking Derek Carr. honestly I think Bridgewater and Bortles who are mobile QB's would help Houston out a lot considering they are a power running team and would set them up for roll outs and play action plays by a mobile QB who can get out of the pocket fast. I would say Manziel but i think he ends up in Cleveland, but all of this is just my opinion

Texans pick QB with their first pick, and that QB makes an impact on that team, would not be surprised to see them trade down to grab bortles and get a few more picks.

Drop 2 in division, Colts still win it, Texans 2nd place, Jags being 3rd, Titans being 4th. Although if any of these teams choose Bridgewater I'd bump them up to 2nd, with the Colts still winning the division.

Texans pick QB with their first pick, and that QB makes an impact on that team, would not be surprised to see them trade down to grab bortles and get a few more picks.

Pre Draft and Pre FA I take means before why I also stated that if the Texans or Titans draft or sign a good QB they will be very competitive .  

Keenum won't be the QB. He may be the backup. Houston is trying to get Ryan Mallett from New England (he has worked with the coach and knows the playbook) or Kirk Cousins from Washington. They are going to be handful.

Keenum won't be the QB. He may be the backup. Houston is trying to get Ryan Mallett from New England (he has worked with the coach and knows the playbook) or Kirk Cousins from Washington. They are going to be handful.

Houston wants Mallet? Man, they really are trying to become New England 2.0 lol.

IMO I think the Texans take Bortles or Bridgewater with the first pick and Jax taking the other with their 3rd pick followed by Manziel being picked with the 4th pick. they are in need of a QB more then they are in need of a defensive player. Schaub can not stay healthy, Keenum really isn't as good as some like to make him out to be and Yates is an average QB at best who would avg a 8 win season a year. maybe if they traded for Cousins (which the skins want a 2nd rounder for him) maybe then I would take Clowney if I was Houston, but seeing that they do need a young QB to contend in the South, that is in my opinion is what Houston addresses with their first pick, is the QB position. and St.Louis trade their 2nd pick to Atlanta who likes Clowney.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans--matt-cassel-have-mutual-interest-…-could-they-pass-on-qb-at-no--1-143303638.html

The Texans are looking at lower round QBs to draft and they are talking about trading for Mallet or Cousins. Now, they are looking at Cassel. I think they are going to take Clowney or trade down in the draft. I think they will take Clowney to pair him with Watt as a ploy to slow down Andrew Luck. I think Houston will have a shot at the division next year unless the Colts make some astounding free agency moves.

Houston should be much improved but not enough to beat the Colts for the division.

Colts: 12-4, 5-1 in division.

Division champions, 2nd seed in playoffs.

They were 11-5 last year after going 6-0 in the South. That means they were only 5-5 in the games outside of the division. If they lose a game in the division this year, they have two go 6-4 outside the division to have the same record. If they are going to get to 12 wins, they have to go 7-3. I don't see it. I do see Houston going 10-6 or better. They are in the hunt for Matt Cassel now.  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans--matt-cassel-have-mutual-interest-…-could-they-pass-on-qb-at-no--1-143303638.html

Ehh I think he should start someone new, not just cause Locker is made of glass but because he kinda sucks even when he is healthy.  

But I think Locker will be the starter next year.  Don't know if they will look for a new backup.  Fitzpatrick is one of the top backups.  The only way to improve is to trade for someone or maybe sign McCown.  

They were 11-5 last year after going 6-0 in the South. That means they were only 5-5 in the games outside of the division. If they lose a game in the division this year, they have two go 6-4 outside the division to have the same record. If they are going to get to 12 wins, they have to go 7-3. I don't see it. I do see Houston going 10-6 or better. They are in the hunt for Matt Cassel now. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/houston-texans--matt-cassel-have-mutual-interest-…-could-they-pass-on-qb-at-no--1-143303638.html

The Colts should have a much easier schedule this year outside of our division. Going from AFC West and the NFC West to the AFC North and NFC East. Granted, 7-3 is still a tough record to shoot for, but it's doable.

well both the Texans and matt cassell have mutual interest, so I guess we can scratch them in getting a " good qb " lol

No, you can say that are not getting a great QB but if they sign Clowney, they won't need one. Look at Russell Wilson, he is not a great QB. Cassel will be alright with that team.