Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts interested in Eric Decker? (Report)/Rumor (merge)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to pull the trigger and sign a G C and CB since we can't sign a good FS we should draft one and an ILB too

Not worry about signing one if the top WR FA if they really think they need a WR (we don't IMO) get one late in the draft or as and UDFA and get a real playmaker in the 1st in the next draft

Just like Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon, and Percy Harvin weren't?

Well Mike Wallace wanted the big $ from the get go. Garcon went to Washington(enough said) and Harvin settled with Seattle who were starving for WR talent. Timing is everything and I don't see Decker getting contract like that. If he does I'll eat my words.

Please no. If you are going around blowing money throw it on one of those high priced FA's (that I don't want us to sign) at an actual area of need (Safety, Center). Nonetheless, this doesn't sound like a thing Grigson would do. The extent of this was probably some guy was like "Yo Grigs you interested in Decker" "He is interesting" "Ermagerd you guise sin him!" And now some official source who won't give his name throws out random statements. 

Well Mike Wallace wanted the big $ from the get go. Garcon went to Washington(enough said) and Harvin settled with Seattle who were starving for WR talent. Timing is everything and I don't see Decker getting contract like that. If he does I'll eat my words.

I could see some desperate team signing Decker to a big contract. 

The Colts have a plethora of young wide receiver and tight end talent, but paying big bucks to Decker would be a move typical of increasingly meddlesome owner Jim Irsay, who spent heartily in 2013 free agency before pressuring GM Ryan Grigson into dealing for Trent Richardson in-season. 

Yeah ok Mr. Rotoworld writer.

Well......We do need another WR, I do know that. He is only 26 as well, We will have around 40 mill in cap space. He is a good wr no doubt....But he is not a physical wr and cant separate against physical coverage much. I hope that Grigson does not see him as Reggie Waynes eventual replacement just because he had 2 big years in Denver under Manning

Maybe the plethora of great looking WR's in the draft might hold his price down a bit ? On the other side of that coin , he is by far and away the best FA WR. 

I could see a team with a lot of cap space giving him the money he wants. However, I think he wants to play for a contender also, and unless the Broncos re-sign him, I can't see him getting that much with a contender.

If we sign Decker to a big contract we will have the worst def in the league in two years because of cap space after resigning our 2012 class.

Decker is a #2 and he wants #1 $. We are so close right now. I really believe we need a good center and another game changer on D with some more depth and this is a SB team. We don't need Decker.

Lol hindsight is always better but he was pretty ballsy I mean superman guts for dumping peyton for Luck if Luck played like say Ryan Leaf can you imagine how the media would kill him

I don't think he's purposely dumping Peyton for Luck. I think he knows that it's unlikely for the Broncos to re- sign him, and his next choice would be Luck(if the reports are true) since he can't play for Peyton anymore.

lol what a terrible argument. 

How?  Isn't the purpose of free agency, especially at the highest pay levels, to improve team performance, and add to win totals?  Jackson may well laugh his way to the bank every day, but the Bucs would be better served spending the money they gave to him on about five players at other positions to eek toward .500 in my opinion.  But now they have a very skilled WR and...  a 4-12 record to show for it so far.  If they can go 4-12 with him, they could without him too.  Without the expense.