Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Mack and Chudzinski are good friends

I like the part where you linked us to some sort of proof that they are "Good friends". FRom everything I've read, Mack (as well as the rest of the team) liked Chud, but I haven't read anything saying they are friends or that they hang out in the off-season and go on vacation together? 

Alex Mack wants answers before contract talks with Browns resume

Blame it on Rio: Negotiations aimed at keeping Browns Pro Bowl center Alex Mack off the free agent market won’t begin until Mack returns from a humanitarian trip to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at the end of the month, his agent told ESPN Cleveland.
[mod edit]

http://espncleveland.com/commo...g&r=17&post_id=288

If you read between the lines you can find two things. 

1. Mack is probably one (of many) reasons Banner got fired.

2. Mack wants to stay in Cleveland but isn't ruling out leaving if he doesn't like what he hears.

It's up to Pettine to talk to him. My gut says we'll resign him, but that doesn't mean it will happen. 

Edited by Superman
formatting, copyright

You would think Alex Mack would come here. Your old coach & friend plus the opportunity to hike a football to Andrew Luck who'll be better than ANY QB Cleveland brings in whether they stick with Hoyer, Weeden, or draft a QB from this year's class

Andrew Luck is better than all of them

Seems pretty steep, that's on par with the best center contract out there. I know C is a area of big need for us but do we want to be spending that much?

That's why I posted it. I would imagine that's the type of $ he's looking for and no we don't want to pay that. I would say there will be a good center available besides Mack, if Mack even becomes available. Setele isn't worth what he is going to be due this year so if they don't cut him I'd be very surprised. If nothing else he should be cut and McGlynn moved to center at the very least.

That's why I posted it. I would imagine that's the type of $ he's looking for and no we don't want to pay that. I would say there will be a good center available besides Mack, if Mack even becomes available. Setele isn't worth what he is going to be due this year so if they don't cut him I'd be very surprised. If nothing else he should be cut and McGlynn moved to center at the very least.

Agree with you on pretty much all of that, I did think that number was a little coincidental :P 

Just having a little browse now, funny how many decent C's went undrafted or didn't stick with a roster to start with. 

You would think Alex Mack would come here. Your old coach & friend plus the opportunity to hike a football to Andrew Luck who'll be better than ANY QB Cleveland brings in whether they stick with Hoyer, Weeden, or draft a QB from this year's class

Andrew Luck is better than all of them

Do you really think those things count in todays nfl?

I would think it's all about money, more often than not.. unless you have a super-model for a wife, then it's ok to take a paycut/home-discount ;)

I like the part where you linked us to some sort of proof that they are "Good friends". FRom everything I've read, Mack (as well as the rest of the team) liked Chud, but I haven't read anything saying they are friends or that they hang out in the off-season and go on vacation together? 

If you read between the lines you can find two things. 

1. Mack is probably one (of many) reasons Banner got fired.

2. Mack wants to stay in Cleveland but isn't ruling out leaving if he doesn't like what he hears.

It's up to Pettine to talk to him. My gut says we'll resign him, but that doesn't mean it will happen. 

Nothing more than I read where he liked Chud. As far as I know... no they are not inseparable buddies or anything like that. I just improvised a bit to bring out the fact that having Chud can't hurt if the Colts want to pursue Mack. It's the offseason....

Do you really think those things count in todays nfl?

I would think it's all about money, more often than not.. unless you have a super-model for a wife, then it's ok to take a paycut/home-discount ;)

lmao I know it's all about the money. I mean look at Greg Jennings. Who in their right mind would go from catching passes from Aaron Rodgers to catching passes from Christian Ponder? That's a major downgrade

Same as Mike Wallace. Big Ben, to Tannehill. :facepalm:

Player's are dumb these days. Money goes away, trophies don't

Okay listen..

If he ends up testing the market and IF the colts bring him in for a look..

It's in the bag.

With an aggressive GM, Pagano's inspiration and Chud here I absolutely can't see Mack leaving without a contract.

Plus he will be lining himself up with a roster that suites him.

Mack and Luck.

It just fits.

Wait.. what?

You're going to have to explain that one for me.

Yeah my grammar there was brutal. Nevertheless, the gist is having another brother explain HIS vision going forward could help ease Mack's mind. Not a guarantee but anyone implying there's no possibility that the racial make-up and cultural backgrounds of people can affect how they do and do not communicate are probably being intellectually dishonest.

Not saying it will matter here...but pointing out it shouldn't be underestimated.

Yeah my grammar there was brutal. Nevertheless, the gist is having another brother explain HIS vision going forward could help ease Mack's mind. Not a guarantee but anyone implying there's no possibility that the racial make-up and cultural backgrounds of people can affect how they do and do not communicate are probably being intellectually dishonest.

Not saying it will matter here...but pointing out it shouldn't be underestimated.

You know that Alex Mack is a white guy right? I might be reading that you wrote wrong, but you seem to be implying that Farmer might convince him to say because they share common "racial make-up and cultural backgrounds."

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say that there is very little chance Grigson signs Alex Mack this off-season. I don't know why everyone keeps getting worked up about it on here? If you've noticed over the last two years, Grigson would rather sign players with low risk/high reward. He's not going to commit to any huge contracts that could clog the cap in the future for when guys like Luck, Hilton, Fleener, Allen, Freeman and Richardson will all need new deals. We can discuss it all we want but no matter what we say Grigson is going to go out and sign a bunch of mid-level, low risk free agents when free agency comes around.

46225077.jpg

You know that Alex Mack is a white guy right? I might be reading that you wrote wrong, but you seem to be implying that Farmer might convince him to say because they share common "racial make-up and cultural backgrounds."

Ehhh steer clear of trying to discern what I could've possibly implied and roll with what I actually typed. Otherwise someone'll come along and get their panties in a twist. Then I'll have to weed through that nonsense again. Once a week is enough for me.

Dustin, I seriously thought Mack was black! LOL

Ehhh steer clear of trying to discern what I could've possibly implied and roll with what I actually typed. Otherwise someone'll come along and get their panties in a twist. Then I'll have to weed through that nonsense again. Once a week is enough for me.

Dustin, I seriously thought Mack was black! LOL

I have to admit I had no idea what the hell you were trying to say. I thought for a minute that I was confused and Mack must have been the whitest black dude I've ever seen in my life.

I have to admit I had no idea what the hell you were trying to say. I thought for a minute that I was confused and Mack must have been the whitest black dude I've ever seen in my life.

Between my awful grammar and cluelessness regarding Mack's progenitors I'm surprised the correction brigade didn't swarm me. Thank God for the offseason. ;)

lmao I know it's all about the money. I mean look at Greg Jennings. Who in their right mind would go from catching passes from Aaron Rodgers to catching passes from Christian Ponder? That's a major downgrade

Same as Mike Wallace. Big Ben, to Tannehill. :facepalm:

Player's are dumb these days. Money goes away, trophies don't

Really??? You do know those SB rings don't bring much when you go to pawn them and pay your rent? NFL players have 2-3 yrs on avg to make their money that will set them up for the next 30-40 yrs. Sure some will find other jobs but few will find jobs paying the nfl minimum for example. So forgive them if they don't go ahead and take as much as they can earn...because it has to last the rest of their lives...and if they intend to live a lifestyle of a professional athlete and have a nice house and cars etc...they will need every penny...most go broke within the first 10 yrs out of the league. Championships don't put food on the table or buy you that nice house in the suburbs. Pure hard cash does. Perhaps when you are already sitting on millions and a couple rings are what will land you endorsements and legacy within the league that you can cash in...sure you may sacrifice a bit...but few have much to gain $$ wise from being a SB winner. Do you even know the center for the Seahawks? Do you think he is going to somehow turn his SB win into cash for life? Doubtful. Mack should take the best deal...and that can mean having some sort of happiness playing there...who wants to go to work miserable...so sure we may have some leverage there...but when it comes down to millions...take the money.

How much do you think we're talking to land him because the Browns aren't exactly hurting for cap room either.

It's probably gonna be around 9 million a year to land him.  

For me I think it's more of a question of if Mack wants to keep playing for the Browns.  

The guy isn't gonna have any difficulty finding a team to sign him to a big money deal.  The question is if he wants to keep playing for a losing team that changes it's coach and GM every year.

DON'T underestimate the difference between a good Center, and an ELITE All-Pro center and how that will improve our line, and elevate the players around him...This is where the $$ needs to be spent...We need Quality over quantity instead of a bunch of mid level "potential " guys..We tried that last year..Mack is a can't miss guy..