Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Justin Anderson waived

PeterBowman

He had potential just could never stay healthy. I think Grigson will learn from last year about drafting or signing players with a history of injuries. Donald Thomas, Toler, Bradshaw, Justin Anderson, Fugger, Boyett, it usually never works out.

In Boyetts defense, it wasn't because of injury that he didn't work out.

I think Injuries had a part to play in it. If Boyett was healthy he could have been on the field competing for a starting position or back up. He was a much better coverage safety then Bethea and he had a chance of getting some playing time. I know Boyett had off the field problems but him not playing could have had an effect on him as well.

In Boyetts defense, it wasn't because of injury that he didn't work out.

I think Injuries had a part to play in it. If Boyett was healthy he could have been on the field competing for a starting position or back up. He was a much better coverage safety then Bethea and he had a chance of getting some playing time. I know Boyett had off the field problems but him not playing could have had an effect on him as well.

You may very well be correct.  Had he been playing he would have had a lot less time to be stupid.

I wasn't aware he had stamina and shape when we drafted him!

He repeatedly dropped down to one or both knees several times in TC while jogging back and forth in the teams opposite end zone that they were practicing in trying to catch his breath, Scouting reports noted weight concerns and durability concerns http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/justin-anderson?id=2533441

He repeatedly dropped down to one or both knees several times in TC while jogging back and forth in the teams opposite end zone that they were practicing in trying to catch his breath, Scouting reports noted weight concerns and durability concerns http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/justin-anderson?id=2533441

Re-read what I wrote....    I'm agreeing with the link you just provided!     :thmup:

I don't like when guys show up pushing in excess of 340....    he wasn't in shape from the start...

Geesh....sounds like he should've been cut a long time ago. 

Too paraphrase Marv Levy, Playing time, or lack there of, does not develop character... it reveals it.