Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck will have a better overall career than Manning

AllYouNeedIsLuck

There I said it. 

His mobility will set him apart from Peyton, especially in the playoffs. 

The stats may never be there but we will have a lot more playoff success with Luck. I'm 100% confident in my above statement. 

I love Peyton and what he did for our franchise, but it's come to a point where he's unreliable when it matters the most. He won 1 and that is good enough to sleep at night (lol) and not feel unaccomplished, so he is still top 5. Not close to being the GOAT though. I wish it weren't this way

The BIGGER question is " Will Luck have a better overall career than Wilson?"

Wilson wasn't much of a factor in the game. Luck will have a better career when its all said and done. Seattle has a great D which obviously the reason they are here. Hopefully Indy can stay healthy next year and be hosting the Lombardi.

Wilson wasn't much of a factor in the game. Luck will have a better career when its all said and done. Seattle has a great D which obviously the reason they are here. Hopefully Indy can stay healthy next year and be hosting the Lombardi.

Please. 2 tds, 117 passer rating. He was great on the night.

The D stole the show, but please don't tell me he is not a factor.

His recievers did the large majority of that. And Denver forgetting how to tackle. Hey, Wilson has a ring, no hate. He's a very humble player, but Wilson wasn't the difference maker here. 

He was VERY MUCH a factor.   He was calm,  he didn't throw  interceptions, he converted on 3rd downs, He managed the Offense and they got the job done.   Yes the DEF was awesome, but the young QB was too.

I really don't get why people feel the need to tear down Peyton Manning here.  Without that man the Colts probably aren't in Indianapolis at all and sure as heck don't have the kind of success they had with him.  Then he had an injury was forced to leave due to circumstances, not because he threw some kind of big hissy fit saying I want out, and has made it clear he didn't want to leave but the circumstances forced it and handled leaving about as classy as he could and has had nothing but classy things to say about the Colts and the city of Indianapolis since then.  He's done a lot to make Colts fans, who in theory are supposed to be the people who post here, happy over the years so I don't really understand why people feel the need to tear him down every chance they get.

Are people really this insecure about Andrew Luck and HAVING to have the greatest QB of all time that they feel the need to attack Manning?  Luck is going to be a good if not great QB in this league for a long time to come (and if you've watched him his first two years you can't argue that).  Will he be better than Manning?  Maybe, maybe not, no one here honestly knows either way.  Either way I have a feeling when Luck is done playing we are going to be grateful we got to see him be a Colt, but then again judging by how some like to tear down Peyton at the drop of the hat maybe they wont be. 

LOL. That's the same line of thinking people had when they were saying Joe Flacco was the best QB in the league after last year.

Wilson played a good game. He didn't make mistakes, he was sharp on 3rd down, very efficient. But he would have had to been absolutely disastrous to lose that game. 

Luck is the more talented QB, but yes that is a good question. In Wilson's second year he's won a super bowl, albeit he wasn't what got them there he has an amazing team around him and great coaching. But Wilson deserves plenty of credit.

I believe he will end up having a better career than Peyton in my opinion, but not until Luck shows me he can

stop throwing all of these gut wrenching interceptions in the playoffs. 

I trust he'll get it done, but he certainly will learn to have to stop doing that stuff.

Why are all of Peytons teams built with him doing all of the work and the running game is always non existent?

Why are all of his teams always mediocre to garbage on defense all the time?

The one Super Bowl he won is when the Colts had a running game, but for some reason it's(running game) always missing every season since that game. Why do the coaches get so comfortable with him just slinging the ball every where no matter what the circumstance.  Get the man a dag gone running game pleaaaaaaase!

It's just a rant I'm trying to get off my chest.....

I, too, think Luck will have a more successful career as far as winning Super Bowls.  But I don't think it has anything to do with titles or styles.  What we saw tonight with Denver is what always haunted the Colts.  In the big game, they have no running attack, no defense, and couldn't score points.  If Peyton isn't perfect, they lose.  Too imbalanced.  The Luck lead Colts are determined to be more balance.  If Luck has a top 10 defense, that alone will put them over the top.

No.   Andrew Luck will NOT have a better overall career than Peyton Manning.   

And I consider myself the biggest Luck fan here...

There.    I said it. 

Denver didn't get blown out because Manning was terrible.    Denver got blown out because Seattle was better in every phase of the game...    O...  D....   ST....   and coaching.     I thought Denver would win.    But Seattle proved to be the much better team.

If Manning had been brilliant it would not have made a bit of difference.    Seattle was going to win.

Manning will be one of the top 5 of all-time.     Luck might be a top-10 or 12...  and still go to the HoF....   but the odds are overwhelming that he will NOT be better than Peyton Manning.

Sorry.

Why are all of Peytons teams built with him doing all of the work and the running game is always non existent?

The one Super Bowl he won is when the Colts had a running game, but for some reason it's(running game) always missing every season since that game. Why do the coaches get so comfortable with him just slinging the ball every where no matter what the circumstance.  Get the man a dag gone running game pleaaaaaaase!

The Broncos can run the football, they just fell behind by a lot early on and it didn't have a chance to be much of a factor.

His one touchdown was 100% because of the wide receiver, he didn't throw it in the end zone. He barely had to throw the football, only did it to keep the defense honest. Did you see when he ridiculously overthrew a wide opened tight end? He didn't play bad, but didn't really play well. He looked like Alex smith out there.

Why can't people just leave his legacy alone?

Even if Luck becomes the GOAT, or the biggest bust ever, there's just no point anymore to compare him to Peyton. 

Manning was the quarterback from 1998 to 2010, and Andrew Luck is the quarterback now. Now let's leave it.

LOL. That's the same line of thinking people had when they were saying Joe Flacco was the best QB in the league after last year.

Wilson played a good game. He didn't make mistakes, he was sharp on 3rd down, very efficient. But he would have had to been absolutely disastrous to lose that game. 

No one was saying that other than delusional Ravens fans. Wilson has now had 2 out of 2 quality seasons under his belt, the second resulting in a Lombardi. Flacco has been a question mark his whole career.

I really don't get why people feel the need to tear down Peyton Manning here. Without that man the Colts probably aren't in Indianapolis at all and sure as heck don't have the kind of success they had with him. Then he had an injury was forced to leave due to circumstances, not because he threw some kind of big hissy fit saying I want out, and has made it clear he didn't want to leave but the circumstances forced it and handled leaving about as classy as he could and has had nothing but classy things to say about the Colts and the city of Indianapolis since then. He's done a lot to make Colts fans, who in theory are supposed to be the people who post here, happy over the years so I don't really understand why people feel the need to tear him down every chance they get.

Are people really this insecure about Andrew Luck and HAVING to have the greatest QB of all time that they feel the need to attack Manning? Luck is going to be a good if not great QB in this league for a long time to come (and if you've watched him his first two years you can't argue that). Will he be better than Manning? Maybe, maybe not, no one here honestly knows either way. Either way I have a feeling when Luck is done playing we are going to be grateful we got to see him be a Colt, but then again judging by how some like to tear down Peyton at the drop of the hat maybe they wont be.

Colts came to Indy in 84 so... Like the other stuff you said though

The question is can they surround Luck with enough Talent to be a real contender? Wilson is a great QB no doubt about that but it's a fact that he is playing in a Team with way better Talent around him than Luck has in Indianapolis. This year Luck was battling deep holes nearly every game in the second half of the regular season not only because they struggled on Offense after the Reggie Wayne loss but also because our Defense was just terrible and couldn't stop anyone. Luck has the Talent to be a great one but like Peyton he just can't do it alone!

Defense win games and championships.  Get that through your head Pagano and Grigson.....

Geez....   they've only been saying that since the day they arrived!

What in the world are you talking about?!?

Great defenses aren't built in two years.

And how many people here have observed that it was Polian who spent most of his resources on offense, and not enough on defense.   And that Grigson is actually trying to build a team that Grigson can work with.   Remember,  Grigson hired Pagano and Pagano's back-ground is entirely on defense.

Sorry,  but your post is a head scratcher to me.....

My god I don't care if he isn't on the team why the hell is everyone bashing Peyton

I suspect it is because it makes them feel better about Peyton no longer being a Colt, though they'll never admit that.

I, too, think Luck will have a more successful career as far as winning Super Bowls.  But I don't think it has anything to do with titles or styles.  What we saw tonight with Denver is what always haunted the Colts.  In the big game, they have no running attack, no defense, and couldn't score points.  If Peyton isn't perfect, they lose.  Too imbalanced.  The Luck lead Colts are determined to be more balance.  If Luck has a top 10 defense, that alone will put them over the top.

^^ This.  Luck may have a better overall career in regards to playoff wins and SB rings but if that is the case it will be because Irsay learned from what Polian did and does not want to repeat the same mistakes.  

Because thats the way Peyton wants it to be.  He likes to run the show.  Denver's running game wasn't that terrible this year. Middle of the pack.  There D in the playoffs was very good.  Even in the game last night, they gave up 2 fieldgoals and a TD on short field in the first half. Off the 22 points scored in the first half, 14 came off of Peyton Manning INT's and 2 on a safety.    Sometimes Peyton Manning just has to play better.