Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck will have a better overall career than Manning

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Because thats the way Peyton wants it to be.  He likes to run the show.  Denver's running game wasn't that terrible this year. Middle of the pack.  There D in the playoffs was very good.  Even in the game last night, they gave up 2 fieldgoals and a TD on short field in the first half. Off the 22 points scored in the first half, 14 came off of Peyton Manning INT's and 2 on a safety.    Sometimes Peyton Manning just has to play better.

Those 2 thoughts don't seem to go together very well.  Yes, 14 points came off of 2 INT's that occurred because of a tipped pass and Avril hitting Peyton's arm as it was coming forward.  And the safety came because the C snapped the ball way too soon.  I'm not saying that Peyton couldn't have played better, but he was certainly not solely responsible for those 16 points being given up.

Those 2 thoughts don't seem to go together very well.  Yes, 14 points came off of 2 INT's that occurred because of a tipped pass and Avril hitting Peyton's arm as it was coming forward.  And the safety came because the C snapped the ball way too soon.  I'm not saying that Peyton couldn't have played better, but he was certainly not solely responsible for those 16 points being given up.

So it's not his fault that he threw 2 picks or that his offense couldn't get a first down until the 2nd qtr?   Who should we blame for it then, the defense?   The post i quoted seemed to imply that Manning suffered from a bad defense.  That was not the case last night, it was bad offense for the first half of football that lost this game.  Manning, as leader of that offense, and the man just won his 5th MVP and yet again set records this season, probably deserves a pretty big share of that blame, wouldn't ya say?

So it's not his fault that he threw 2 picks or that his offense couldn't get a first down until the 2nd qtr?   Who should we blame for it then, the defense?   The post i quoted seemed to imply that Manning suffered from a bad defense.  That was not the case last night, it was bad offense for the first half of football that lost this game.  Manning, as leader of that offense, and the man just won his 5th MVP and yet again set records this season, probably deserves a pretty big share of that blame, wouldn't ya say?

Peyton deserves blame but so does the rest of the offense.  I was just pointing out that those 16 points off turnovers were not entirely on him.  The safety was a miscue and the C snapped the ball at the wrong time.  The 2 INT's were great plays by the defense but also horrible protection from the OL.  It's not like Peyton made bad reads or just made bad throws, both passes were physically affected by a defender.

His one touchdown was 100% because of the wide receiver, he didn't throw it in the end zone. He barely had to throw the football, only did it to keep the defense honest. Did you see when he ridiculously overthrew a wide opened tight end? He didn't play bad, but didn't really play well. He looked like Alex smith out there.

He also had a few key scrambles to keep drives alive. Should have been MVP.

I, too, think Luck will have a more successful career as far as winning Super Bowls.  But I don't think it has anything to do with titles or styles.  What we saw tonight with Denver is what always haunted the Colts.  In the big game, they have no running attack, no defense, and couldn't score points.  If Peyton isn't perfect, they lose.  Too imbalanced.  The Luck lead Colts are determined to be more balance.  If Luck has a top 10 defense, that alone will put them over the top.

First of all, Luck may never get to a Super Bowl much less win one. I am a big fan of the Colts and Luck but until Peyton Manning came along, they hadn't been to the Super Bowl in a long, long time. It may be a long time until they get to another one. I just read that a Manning was in five of the last seven Super Bowls. I think Seattle will slip next year and the 49ers will replace them as the best team in that area. They are going to lose a lot of players in the off season. They, like, Indy have the advantage of having Luck and Wilson on their rookie contracts. As soon as that is done, both teams will have a hard time staying competitive in my opinion. The NFL today is designed to prevent a dynasty. The Colts and Seahawks will be very good but the Super Bowl is promised to no one.

I certainly hope so. This is a game about team wins (regular season, Superbowl) and I'd much rather have luck be a qb like Brady who has wicked team success both in the Superbowl and in the playoffs(also taking leas money I believe) than someone like Manning who puts up more of the individual stats but at the same time can just come out and lay a dud like that any given Sunday.

Please. 2 tds, 117 passer rating. He was great on the night.

The D stole the show, but please don't tell me he is not a factor.

please, 2 tds in garbage-time (120 pass yards, 0 tds until 3 minutes left in 3rd quarter) after already being up 29-0, with more than half of those points scored by defense and special teams (16), the other half by kicker and a rushing td by lynch..

First of all, Luck may never get to a Super Bowl much less win one. I am a big fan of the Colts and Luck but until Peyton Manning came along, they hadn't been to the Super Bowl in a long, long time. It may be a long time until they get to another one. I just read that a Manning was in five of the last seven Super Bowls. I think Seattle will slip next year and the 49ers will replace them as the best team in that area. They are going to lose a lot of players in the off season. They, like, Indy have the advantage of having Luck and Wilson on their rookie contracts. As soon as that is done, both teams will have a hard time staying competitive in my opinion. The NFL today is designed to prevent a dynasty. The Colts and Seahawks will be very good but the Super Bowl is promised to no one.

:D what's Eli got to do with this discussion? oh, and it's 5 of 8, get your facts right! ;) 

This is just pulling something out of your butt.  His mobility has no barring on if his career will be better than Peyton's.

It all comes down to Grigs and if he can surround Luck with players that can carry the team if Luck sucks it up  versus Polian building a team that is totally dependent on Manning playing a great game every week.

Luck has the talent to be as great of a QB as Peyton, but our front office and their ability find guys to build a defense is what will determine if Luck has a better career.