Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl : Denver vs Seattle , who you got and why

I'm pretty confident in the Broncos right now. The Seahawks offense looks about as exiting as the Bears in 06. Ignoring weather, the only way that Seattle wins is if the refs let their dbs beat the stuffing out of people.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. No roof. If it's snowing or raining they will get wet.

Oh wow. Now I see why everyone was opposed to having the Super Bowl up there. This could be quite a messy game for both teams if it does snow or rain in those frigid temps.

No. That's why they're calling it the first cold weather super bowl.

Forecast right now is 36 in afternoon (16 overnight, so game time is somewhere in between). Cloudy and possibly rain/snow.

Yeah it's crazy, I didn't realize this. Well I guess the future of other cold weather SBs are dependent on how bad this one does or doesn't get.

Yeah it's crazy, I didn't realize this. Well I guess the future of other cold weather SBs are dependent on how bad this one does or doesn't get.

The "event" is as much about it being a tourist attraction as anything. You couldn't pay me to sit outside and watch a game in those conditions - I really don't know what they are thinking.

The "event" is as much about it being a tourist attraction as anything. You couldn't pay me to sit outside and watch a game in those conditions - I really don't know what they are thinking.

Yeah, I appreciate their effort to try new things and reach out to other markets (especially the biggest in the nation) but when you start losing fans due to fear of weather...well I'm sure the NFL will notice that. They don't play when it comes to their money, and I'm sure they'd rather have money than ungodly conditions for the heck of it.

The thing you have to worry about the Seahawks is their penchant for cheap shots. Their WRs hit dirty, they take shots inside piles, IMO. If they're falling on someone in a pile, to me it seems like they fall down to hurt folks in a pile. To an extent they're going into the SB much like Gregg Williams' D of the Saints went into the SB in 2009

Ravens last year took out the RBs in both the Broncos and Pats games if you noticed, it's just in the nature of certain Ds, just to throw in an extra oomph shot while the whistle and sometimes a tad after the whistle is blown

True...Denver is a finesse team.....Seattle can intimidate them

They met in the pre-season and peyton threw for a lot of yards in 1 half but seattle won big

You are right, of course..and they want a NY area Super Bowl...and I guess I understand that motivation..the 2 weeks will be big in the big media market

...but the game itself could be brutal..

Best case scenario?    mid-20s and low winds..

But the worst case scenario?  Wow... it is almost unlimited bad

..another super cold wave is sweeping across the Midwest this week..

....It just smells like a big blunder

I know there is still 2 weeks to go but who have you got and why????

Denver 24-21, Peyton has too many weapons and i dnt trust wilson in a big game yet, Of course if Seattle defense gets a td it could be a different story

Broncos.

Peyton Manning.

Broncos will win because the Seahawks are inconsistent offensively. Sherman can only take out 1 WR, Welker and Julius Thomas will be the X factors, the Seahawks have no answers for those 2. Denver has one of the top run defenses so Lynch won't be able to run much. I also like DRC and Champ vs the Seahawks WR's. I have the Broncos winning 28 - 17. 

Broncos because they have Peyton Manning. Would to see the old guy get his 2nd ring. If Seattle wins, it just make it look like Russel Wilson is a better quarterback than Andrew Luck.

Far from the truth. Seattle has a very good defense, but Wilson as you saw in tonights game is not all that good a passer. He can make plays while scrambling, but becomes a liability in the pocket.

I choose Denver.

Denver has 4 very good receivers, Seattle can't match that up. Though I think 49ers D matches up better (in regards to what Denver would prefer), Seattle still may not be able to keep up. Seattle has a better run game than the 49ers, but that's Denver D's strength. 49ers had the better talent at WR but not as much depth as Seattle. That's why I think Denver's D has a better chance against Seattles passing game. Plus Denver has a great run game at times too. If this is one if those times, then Denver has the edge. Seattles pass D is better than their run D.

I think Denver will take it. Peyton won't be denied...

Not to hijack, has anyone seen those Budweiser commercials where you can win a party on a cruise ship during the Super Bowl? Whoo! Freezing my butt off on a cruise ship docked in Hudson Harbor...can't imagine a better time. And the ads portray it like the ship is in Miami. I guarantee you there won't be more than a handful of fans on the outside decks, unlike the happy, tanned masses in the TV ads

I'll take Peyton aka broncos. Any defense that likes to plan man bump and cover defense manning will pick apart. I expect a lot pick plays or rub plays whatever they are called and Wr screens etc... To soften up that man coverage and once seattle gets out of it peyton will really expose the sherminator and I hope peyton does one hella of an interview afterwards. He probably won't he will probably sneak in a line like going to Disneyland and order papa john pizza lol

They met in the pre-season and peyton threw for a lot of yards in 1 half but seattle won big

Thats because Denver turned the ball over like 3 times ( fumbles ).

There is no one better than Peyton to dissect the defense. That is why he is the right person against a defense like Seattle. He will find the weakness and exploit it.

Denver will show what an offense can to to a Seattle defense which no other team has done this year ( Colts actually did ).

Only caveat, snow. If it doesnt snow, Peyton will have a field day.

Denver. They are a complete team: Manning has all kinds of weapons and Denver has shown to have good defense and a running game. The weather will most likely be a factor, but remember Manning's reaction to critics who say he can't play in cold weather?

Also, Seattle's defense didn't exactly impress me. They struggled at first against San Francisco. I don't think that they match up against Denver. In two weeks I'll find out for sure.

Thats because Denver turned the ball over like 3 times ( fumbles ).

There is no one better than Peyton to dissect the defense. That is why he is the right person against a defense like Seattle. He will find the weakness and exploit it.

Denver will show what an offense can to to a Seattle defense which no other team has done this year ( Colts actually did ).

Only caveat, snow. If it doesnt snow, Peyton will have a field day.

The weakness is all other corners not name Sherman

I'll be real surprised if Seattle doesn't win, and fairly easily because they have an overwhelming defense. They are getting Harvin back and already have Lynch, not to mention Wilson at QB, for a real good offense. Seattle more than makes up any gap on offense between the two with their defense.

I'm pretty confident in the Broncos right now. The Seahawks offense looks about as exiting as the Bears in 06. Ignoring weather, the only way that Seattle wins is if the refs let their dbs beat the stuffing out of people.

Seattle has Lynch, Harvin, and Wilson, a good offense. Their defense is way better than Denver. Defense trumps offense like pitching trumps hitting in baseball.

Denver.

1. Peyton Manning.

2. I think Seattle will get humbled trying to underestimate Peyton Manning, he's done it before vs. the Bears.

3. The inexperience of Russell Wilson among the tremendous pressure he has on him.

4. Seattle isn't at CenturyLink here, and they do have tough times trying to win road games, even if it's the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't bet on this game at all. Realistically I could see it going either way depending on lucky breaks.

I think it will come down to Denver's D vs. Seattle's O. How good will Wilson be and perform vs. the weakness of the Broncos team. Peyton "should" have a tougher time vs. this Seattle D then he obviously did vs. NE's patty cake banged up defense that barely touched him and I am still confused over San Diego at times.....the AFC enigma....

Well that BIG WIN your talking about was  pre-season and we all know what pre-season games are like.  :sigh:

Percy Harvin might play, but it remains to be seen if he'll be a factor in the game. He missed so much football due to injuries that he will need to prove himself. I wasn't impressed with the trade in the first place. Maybe he'll be the player Seattle was hoping for; that would be good for the team. I won't get excited about him playing, though, until I actually see productivity from him.