Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis thinks Landry was tipping coverage by his movements

1yrdandacloudofdust

Could have been, Wonder what movements Ray is talking about. Stepping to far one way to soon perhaps? looking one way and going that way repeatedly? Ill have to go back and study Landry in that game...probably others as well

I think the way they were running the ball, any time he saw Landry just off the line they'd run. Sort of how Peyton played Urlacher in the SB.

Meh; we just should have tackled better. I'd rather have the Pats try to beat us with the run game anyways, and we did okay against it for most of the game. If Landry's movements were influencing Brady to check to run plays, then good. 

I also thought we stopped the run pretty well for most of the game.I hope they try to beat us running the ball again next year, there`s no way we can tackle that bad again. If we keep Landry he`s gotta stop going for the big hit and just wrap up and tackle the guy.

If that run that went for 73 yards was taken away the Pats still run for 161 yards on 23 other carries .....Thats 7 yards a carry......yeah still awful...throw in that 73 yarder and you realize New Englands O Line humiliated our front 7, and will continue that trend until we get an intimidating hard hitting, run stuffing ILB

If that run that went for 73 yards was taken away the Pats still run for 161 yards on 23 other carries .....Thats 7 yards a carry......yeah still awful...throw in that 73 yarder and you realize New Englands O Line humiliated our front 7, and will continue that trend until we get an intimidating hard hitting, run stuffing ILB

right- it wasn't not tackling the runner- it was O line vs D line. Gotta have them holes fro that kind of running :)

Landry seems more interested in getting as big as he possibly can more then he is in perfecting his game on the field.

Use them muscles to wrap a guy up and throw him to the ground, not dive at his feet and miss him by a yard.

From what I have seen it doesnt look like he has great recovery speed, if he takes a step in the wrong direction he never makes up for it.

Yeah he is fast...remember him running down that one guy (can't remember the game) and preventing a TD? We held the opposition to a FG. Maybe KC? But he needs to work on lateral quickness and reaction speed. 4.4 40s mean nothing if he can't react to a misstep

Yeah, that's not an accurate representation. Before the 73 yard TD, they were averaging 3.3 YPC. We had stopped them two possessions in a row. We had stopped them on third and short twice. I wasn't thrilled with the performance to that point, but the run defense was holding its own, winning battles. Then everything changed. After the 73 yarder, there was a 30 yarder as well. There was a clear difference before and after the long run.

Man , that's some horrible math. I get 3.57.  Your amount of carries should look like 45 .

Landry did not play well this season. He is not very good in coverage and he's basically useless when he gets out of position, which is often. There is a reason he's on his third team. When a guy like Rex Ryan cuts you loose from his defense after only one season, buyer beware.