Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cut Da'Rick

Rob Lowe

You tried this approach a few weeks back.......

And it was a spectacular failure......

I see history is repeating itself! That happens when one doesn't learn from their mistakes!

Hey, just sayin....

Actually, he's getting the exact response he wanted from this thread. Rob Lowe loves Da'Rogers Rick and this thread is full on sarcasm.

One of these days people will understand that Rob Lowe is very rarely serious. Don't feed Rob Troll.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, he's getting the exact response he wanted from this thread. Rob Lowe loves Da'Rogers Rick and this thread is full on sarcasm.

One of these days people will understand that Rob Lowe is very rarely serious. Don't feed Rob Troll.

I know he loves him....

I just think his approach is old and tired.

There are people who don't get what he's doing....   and there are those who do.

Not sure either group really appreciates his attempt to enlighten....

But, maybe that's just me....?

I know he loves him....

I just think his approach is old and tired.

There are people who don't get what he's doing....   and there are those who do.

Not sure either group really appreciates his attempt to enlighten....

But, maybe that's just me....?

Maybe not

People don't get sarcastic/satirical posts too well on here at times.

No, people don't know how to POST sarcastic/satirical posts too well on here.  Sarcasm is easy in person because tone, inflection, facial expressions etc. help to give away that the person is joking.  On a message board, those are not available so we are left with 2 options.  One is the person attempting the sarcasm indicates this by including a smiley of some sort, an "lol", /sarcasm or something like that.  The only other way for the reader to know is for the reader to be fairly intimately familiar with the poster.  Not everyone here reads every single post in every single thread so a large percentage of the member community is not intimately familiar with Rob Lowe and his posting patterns. Therefore there are always going to be people who take him seriously.

This happens all the time on here.  Someone tries to be clever by posting sarcastically, saying something completely absurd but giving no indication whatsoever that they were only joking. Then, of course, a lot of people fall for it hook, line and sinker.  The original poster then thinks those who fell for it were stupid because what he said was "so ridiculous" that he was "obviously joking".  However, these people fail to take into account that ridiculously stupid comments are made all the time on here so no, it was NOT obvious he was joking...he simply made himself look like just another ignorant person posting stupid crap.  

I'm all for joking and being sarcastic...I'm one of the most sarcastic people you could meet.  But it's all about delivery.  Now it might be different if ignorant and outlandish comments WEREN'T made on this forum on a daily basis but sadly that is not the case.  

So good job OP, you made a stupid comment giving no indication you were joking, and some people took you seriously.  Now this is just going to be yet another thread that the mods are going to have to watch closely until they ultimately have to close it.  All he's done is give the mods yet another headache.  But hey, you sure got 'em didnya?.  :thmup:

When it is realized that allowing anyone's comment as an opinion....even if it is obviously disruptive to the many.... may represent the one, but at the cost of the many.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and should have the right to share their opinion without fear of recourse.  However that's not what's going on here.  Rob Lowe isn't sharing his actual opinions, he's posting stupid crap simply to illicit a reaction and start trouble.  Pretty much the exact definition of a  :atroll: .

No, people don't know how to POST sarcastic/satirical posts too well on here. Sarcasm is easy in person because tone, inflection, facial expressions etc. help to give away that the person is joking. On a message board, those are not available so we are left with 2 options. One is the person attempting the sarcasm indicates this by including a smiley of some sort, an "lol", /sarcasm or something like that. The only other way for the reader to know is for the reader to be fairly intimately familiar with the poster. Not everyone here reads every single post in every single thread so a large percentage of the member community is not intimately familiar with Rob Lowe and his posting patterns. Therefore there are always going to be people who take him seriously.

This happens all the time on here. Someone tries to be clever by posting sarcastically, saying something completely absurd but giving no indication whatsoever that they were only joking. Then, of course, a lot of people fall for it hook, line and sinker. The original poster then thinks those who fell for it were stupid because what he said was "so ridiculous" that he was "obviously joking". However, these people fail to take into account that ridiculously stupid comments are made all the time on here so no, it was NOT obvious he was joking...he simply made himself look like just another ignorant person posting stupid crap.

I'm all for joking and being sarcastic...I'm one of the most sarcastic people you could meet. But it's all about delivery. Now it might be different if ignorant and outlandish comments WEREN'T made on this forum on a daily basis but sadly that is not the case.

So good job OP, you made a stupid comment giving no indication you were joking, and some people took you seriously. Now this is just going to be yet another thread that the mods are going to have to watch closely until they ultimately have to close it. All he's done is give the mods yet another headache. But hey, you sure got 'em didnya?. :thmup:

You got that whole spiel out of my one sentence post?

Seriously though. This isn't new. Even blatantly obvious jokes, or satire, gets over analyzed and taken far too serious all the time on here.

Very literal collection of people.

You got that whole spiel out of my one sentence post?

Seriously though. This isn't new. Even blatantly obvious jokes, or satire, gets over analyzed and taken far too serious all the time on here.

Very literal collection of people.

No, it's a little rant that's been festering over time seeing this happen over and over. :P

I realize it's not new.  You say blatant, obvious jokes.  I knew it was a joke because I've seen him do it before.  A lot of people are not going to be familiar with his posting style though so why would they not think he's being serious if he gave no indication that he wasn't?  Because what he said was completely ridiculous?  Legitimately ridiculous posts are made dozens of times per day on this site so unless he gives some indication then those who do not know him are just going to think he's just another person who has no idea what he's talking about.  Then 3 pages later he may get the chance to let everyone in on his "joke", that is IF he didn't start an argument (which he probably did because that was his intent in the first place) that leads to the thread being closed (which is what happens 99% of the time).

No way should we cut Rogers.

If we sign DHB for a year why not just keep Rogers in his role for next season after we cut DHB?

I like our WR situation if Wayne comes back healthy.

I would like to see Wayne, Rogers, Hilton, Fleener, and Allen spread out on offense.

That could be scary!

I really like Brazill also.

i think for the money and saving cap room i feel very confident in this wr corp going into next season.

I could see us also drafting a wr late or signing a UDFA after we address the needs on the OL, secondary, and depth at ILB, and DL. But not until then.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and should have the right to share their opinion without fear of recourse.

(The following is me venting...but not at you)

You know....that is a great premise. Problem is.....and has always been....that a few take advantage of premises like that and ruin it for everyone else. You can see it throughout society.

It isn't about an opinion, it is about intent. Opinion given is an intent to inform, correct, or debate (for a lack of better description). Intent to disrupt for pleasure or amusement has nothing to do with opinion, regardless of the clothing it is dressed in.

I really wish that the "5%" would not ruin it for the masses, but they do. Whether it be your favorite swimming hole that a few leave so much garbage or vandalize the place and it gets closed, or the campground that has to have steel table tops because the 5% cuts and vandalizes the them, Or the parking lot where you may have lined up your cars when you cruzed gets closed because the 5% decided to throw their trash out on the ground and break their beer bottles in the parking lot.....and on and on.

Those same type of people come into open forums, forums trying to uphold "everyone's" opinion. In the end, trying to uphold the opinion of the one, the price is paid by the many. I have watched and moderated forums for almost 18 years. I have seen every one deteriorate over time by the actions of the 5%.

Every...one.

Rogers will not be cut he had a couple of good games during the regular season. He has a ton of potential with his size, speed, and hands he just needs to work on his route running . With a full training camp he will be much improved and can learn a lot from Wayne about certain routes and reading a defense. This year will most likely be Wayne's last so Rogers could take over after as the #2 option.

I don't think he's going to get cut right now nor should he.  However, if the Colts do draft a WR or sign one and Rogers doesn't show improvement he could be in danger of being cut in the final cut downs next year.  I think he's behind Brazill and probably even Whalen at this point going off production.  With that said if he shows improvement, which I hope he does, it wouldn't take much for him to jump Whalen in the Colts eyes because there is no question that Rogers has more physical gifts than Whalen and probably more upside.  The key will be how much improvement he and the others show and what the Colts do at WR this off-season. 

When is what Rob Lowe is doing become a bannable offense?

Firstly I'll make this clear that it's not aimed at the OP, while not to everyone's (including my own ) tastes,  I've seen far worse on here.... 

But thanks to wonders of democracy and free speech I'm afraid there is no law (real life or forum) against stupidity, instead you real on a civilized society to give the give said stupid opinion the amount of attention it deserves. Unfortunately the stupid are in the majority it would seem, and it's only going to get worse as they breed faster :stats: 

Now in the spirit of the topic, how can I indicate that the above isn't really sarcastic as I do have a degree of belief in it but that I have presented my thoughts in a hyperbolic/dry manner. Do we have a smiley for that?   

That catch in the Chiefs game OOZED talent.

And his drops in the NE game, and lack of ability to get seperation are the reasons his has to make the circus catches and doesn't get more targets.  He is young.... hopefully will get much better, but he is a project and getting paid what he deserves.  Hopefully he can keep his head on straight and stay out of trouble during the time he needs to increase his fundamentals and skills.

He wasn't all that impressive. A few big plays, sure, but he didn't live up to expectations. He's still young, so I'm not opposed to keeping him around as a project, but we can certainly do much better,

What expectations? He went undrafted and got cut by the Bills? How can you expect anything more than a project player out of him? 

And his drops in the NE game, and lack of ability to get seperation are the reasons his has to make the circus catches and doesn't get more targets.  He is young.... hopefully will get much better, but he is a project and getting paid what he deserves.  Hopefully he can keep his head on straight and stay out of trouble during the time he needs to increase his fundamentals and skills.

And that's what this thread's about. A rookie in a playoff game will be nervous of course. He'll improve.

I was on board until he proved me wrong. Guy has to go. Cut Da'Rick and you have room to sign a vet like Plaxico

I was with you all the way till you mentioned Plaxico. We should try and trade Rogers for Calvin Johnson. Caldwell is their new coach and he might bite.