Ex-Pat

apparently-fast learner,

decent hands,

good routes,

vetern,

has play-off experience

another WR  in the horrible case that someone gets hurt

is an Indy local...

I doubt the guy gets many looks, if any, but you have an open roster spot, at this point in the season there are not a lot of big difference makers out there to fill a spot, & as fluid as the roster has been this season, the Branch signing makes tons of sense...

Tons of reasons Branch makes sense...

DHB is out

Ex-Pat

apparently-fast learner,

decent hands,

good routes,

vetern,

has play-off experience

another WR in the horrible case that someone gets hurt

is an Indy local...

I doubt the guy gets many looks, if any, but you have an open roster spot, at this point in the season there are not a lot of big difference makers out there to fill a spot, & as fluid as the roster has been this season, the Branch signing makes tons of sense...

Thanks buck. Sometimes I wish people would put minimal thought before questioning a move such as this.

DHB is out

Ex-Pat

apparently-fast learner,

decent hands,

good routes,

vetern,

has play-off experience

is an Indy local...

I doubt the guy gets many looks, if any, but you have an open roster spot, at this point in the season there are not a lot of big difference makers out there to fill a spot, & as fluid as the roster has been this season, the Branch signing makes tons of sense...

Even taking all of that into account, he would have had 5 days to learn whatever plays he will be in, not to mention the language of the offense, getting the game plan down, etc.  I'm not saying that the signing makes no sense, but its' hard to see how he will make much of a contribution.  That being said, I think it'd be hilarious in the unlikely event that he rips off 125 yards and 2 TDs.  Would be a nice little piece of ammo to rub in the faces of Pats fans that scoffed at the signing as if we signed Branch for "intel." 

Thanks buck. Sometimes I wish people would put minimal thought before questioning a move such as this.

Wow - He Haveth Spoken. Silly me but signing a player so late NOT on the practice squad seems to have been brought up in the press conferences all week. Next time the local and national media only needs to vet the questions through The a Great and Powerful Rybono to see if the question is worthy. A sincere thanks Buck - just seems that Branch would have perhaps some use the Pats more than us, especially if they were in position to actually replace a starter versus us replacing DHB. I doubt Branch has much intel to share that isn't already on the game films and I wonder what contributions he could possibly make on the field, given we are trying to work in Da'Rick Rogers. So I get back to the plausibility of blocking him from joining the spats where he could actually step in and help on the fly. But perhaps I like a conspiracy theory too much!

Even taking all of that into account, he would have had 5 days to learn whatever plays he will be in, not to mention the language of the offense, getting the game plan down, etc.  I'm not saying that the signing makes no sense, but its' hard to see how he will make much of a contribution.  That being said, I think it'd be hilarious in the unlikely event that he rips off 125 yards and 2 TDs.  Would be a nice little piece of ammo to rub in the faces of Pats fans that scoffed at the signing as if we signed Branch for "intel." 

Yeah, but he'll have another week in for the AFCCG.

That's the point.    :)

Wow - He Haveth Spoken. Silly me but signing a player so late NOT on the practice squad seems to have been brought up in the press conferences all week. Next time the local and national media only needs to vet the questions through The a Great and Powerful Rybono to see if the question is worthy. A sincere thanks Buck - just seems that Branch would have perhaps some use the Pats more than us, especially if they were in position to actually replace a starter versus us replacing DHB. I doubt Branch has much intel to share that isn't already on the game films and I wonder what contributions he could possibly make on the field, given we are trying to work in Da'Rick Rogers. So I get back to the plausibility of blocking him from joining the spats where he could actually step in and help on the fly. But perhaps I like a conspiracy theory too much!

He can help with teaching Brady's tendencies, He can help with what the wr coach for NE is teaching the wr group (that wr coach is not going to do a complete 180 and teach them something completely new). He can help teach tendencies of the Corners he was up against at practice so that our WR's know what to look for

DHB is out

Ex-Pat

apparently-fast learner,

decent hands,

good routes,

vetern,

has play-off experience

is an Indy local...

If I recall, we even brought up Lenz from the PS....so we needed backup help.  

No matter what the 'Sonny-Bonos' of the world say, it did make sense.  Why are we not hearing how awful bringing up Lenz is?  We were short.  We brought in experience with a good attitude.(Branch)

I need to get off of forums before I go back to getting warnings...I have had it with some of the rookies on here...I guess it is time to skill em!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

He may help the colts expose the Pats you never know. Just because almost everybody says the Pats are going to win doesn't mean anything.

Actually it seems they are not all picking the Pats to win, many people in the media are picking the Colts.

Hey simply keeping Branch from signing with the Pats is another reason to add to the list, heck with lots of the noise coming out from Colts Coaches & GM this week, it definitely seems like the Colts have a slightly different attitude/gameplan than the past regime...

i.e. Grigson compares Luck to Jordan (hysterical that media has jumped on this & misconstrued his quote)

and Pep takes a backhanded stab at the whole spygate ordeal...

either way, with an open roster spot & a hurt WR in DHB why not bring in Branch...

He is likely the best option of FA WRs on the market & if it gives you an edge or just helps get in Belicheks head a tad more (and by tad I mean even the slightest bit, as in adding just one more question media heads might ask leading up to the game), then the one, two, or three game check that Branch will be receiving will be worth it, heck maybe Irsay just wants Branch to get another ring...

I think the bigger question is that it was weird that it took so long after 87's injury to bring Branch in for a workout & even weirder that it took so long to sign him, seemed like Branch could've been good for a 1st down here or there along the way...

It would be even better with that happening and Vinatieri kicks the game winning FG!!!! Ouch!

I already know his tendencies. Brady will throw 5 yard passes to his left and 5 yard passes to his right. He will hand off the rest of the time.

So beat on them every chance we get, they are thin at the position!

Let's hit them hard make it a game of attrition, this is war!

I fully expect us to win, but some of this is starting to remind me of a match up we had with the Patriots some years ago.I forget which playoff game it was, but they had a lot of people injured and it seemed like they would be ours for the taking. However we went to Foxborough and we still lost to those Chowdah Heads.  I don't think that was the horrible game Peyton had against Ty Law, but it was one of them for sure.  I think it was the one we had against them in the snow, and I was so mad after that game I couldn't contain myself.

They were short a number of personnel on offense and some on defense I think. I remember they just played the short passing game most of the day and crammed the ball down our throats with Corey Dillon.

This one BETTER NOT turn out that way!!!!!!  

I just don't get thee Branch signing...

DHB is hurt.  The fact he played with the Pats last year and we are playing this week doesn't hurt either.  This didn't come out of no where the Colts worked him out late in the season before Rodgers and Griff came on.  He lives in Indianapolis as well so he was pretty easy to work out and get in.