Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Da'Rick Rogers

I've been away from the forum for the last few weeks so I apologise in advance if this topic has been discussed at length already but I just wanted to see how you guys think Da'Rick Rogers has performed so far.

Obviously there was a lot of excitement when we signed him and a lot of people were expecting big things. At the same time, however, I noticed a lot of people preaching patience.

Personally, I didn't expect too much. The guy obviously has the talent and physical traits to succeed but I didn't think he would play a prominent role until next season at the earliest. 

That being said, he has really impressed me so far. On the field, he looks big and fast and he's made some really good plays in the relatively short time that he's been playing. Off the field, I've seen nothing that concerns me.

Hopefully he can carry on in the same vein. Just keep his head down, keep working hard and keep making plays. If he does so, I think we'll be very lucky to have snapped him up.

I think he's an improvement over DHB, he's accountable.

Problem with Da'Rick is that he's a rookie, doesn't run the best routes, and has a long way to go to be a real #1 guy, but he's improving every week and running different and better routes but Luck doesn't force things his way a lot, but when he does throw his way we usually get a good thing out of it.

Most people understood on one hand he was an undrafted free agent rookie there for the picking for any team. But because of his obvious potential and seeing how the offense seemed to struggle after the injury to Reggie, Da'Rick offered at least a glimmer of hope. Now how has he done? His single catch against Kansas City was the first of many critical Colt plays in the comeback, so his contributions have been significant based on that one catch alone. I personally think he is still working his way into the offense and is seldom Luck's primary option - not unlike Whalen was just a few weeks ago. If he and Luck continue to progress together, who knows what they might accomplish? But like I said at the beginning, there were reasons he was an UFA, and only time can diminish the doubts.

We may have to wait until next season to see just what Da'Rick can do as a pro. He has shown some flashes of brilliance, and he certainly has the physical skills to be a great WR, but that's just half of the equation.  His future will really depend on what he does off the field, and in the off season.  Will he remind us of how Chris Carter got his stuff together, or will he be just another promising player who self-destructs under the pressure of the NFL?

I remember Reggie Wayne's first season with the Colts, and he didn't look all that great. He reportedly worked his butt off during the off season, running routes with Marvin and Peyton, and developed himself into the beast that has become a DB's worst nightmare. Da'Rick and TY, as the Colts' "one-two punch", could be the cause of a lot of sleepless nights and hair loss among DCs around the league for years to come. Or not. It's up to Da'Rick to show us.

We may have to wait until next season to see just what Da'Rick can do as a pro. He has shown some flashes of brilliance, and he certainly has the physical skills to be a great WR, but that's just half of the equation.  His future will really depend on what he does off the field, and in the off season.  Will he remind us of how Chris Carter got his stuff together, or will he be just another promising player who self-destructs under the pressure of the NFL?

I remember Reggie Wayne's first season with the Colts, and he didn't look all that great. He reportedly worked his butt off during the off season, running routes with Marvin and Peyton, and developed himself into the beast that has become a DB's worst nightmare. Da'Rick and TY, as the Colts' "one-two punch", could be the cause of a lot of sleepless nights and hair loss among DCs around the league for years to come. Or not. It's up to Da'Rick to show us.

once Da'Rick gets a full off season, he won't be part of the one-two punch. That will be Reggie and TY.

Rogers is doing his job.  He has done nothing special as yet other than the one TD and some pretty good blocking.  

I see some mentioning his only problem is targets....Remember who we have at QB....if number 16 is open, he WILL be 'targeted.'  I am still waiting for the play action deep.....Saturday night it will happen.... :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :td:  :td:  :td: !!!

Rodgers is doing his job.  He has done nothing special as yet other than the one TD and some pretty good blocking.  

I see some mentioning his only problem is targets....Remember who we have at QB....if number 16 is open, he WILL be 'targeted.'  I am still waiting for the play action deep.....Saturday night it will happen.... :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :td:  :td:  :td: !!!

Yeah Rodgers is doing his job. Seems like when he got back the Packers started doing better. 

Rogers is doing his job.  He has done nothing special as yet other than the one TD and some pretty good blocking.  

We can't expect much from Rogers.  If he can make a couple of catches a game in some key moments, doesn't drop any catchable balls and blocks well - then I'm happy.  WR is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to master.  This kid has played a half season and was thrown into a very difficult situation.  It bodes well for his future if he dedicates himself to his craft.  

Rodgers is going to have to come up big Saturday if the Colts have any chance of winning. The patriots will key on TY and not let him beat them so someone has to step up.

Either a great run game by the Brown/Richardson or Rodgers, Whallen or Brazil has to make plays. 

Most people understood on one hand he was an undrafted free agent rookie there for the picking for any team. But because of his obvious potential and seeing how the offense seemed to struggle after the injury to Reggie, Da'Rick offered at least a glimmer of hope. Now how has he done? His single catch against Kansas City was the first of many critical Colt plays in the comeback, so his contributions have been significant based on that one catch alone. I personally think he is still working his way into the offense and is seldom Luck's primary option - not unlike Whalen was just a few weeks ago. If he and Luck continue to progress together, who knows what they might accomplish? But like I said at the beginning, there were reasons he was an UFA, and only time can diminish the doubts.

Time will definitely tell. 

I just feel like I haven't seen any of the things that tend to indicate that a player is a rotten egg. He seems focused and driven on the field, he seems to have a good temperament and he seems to be keeping his head down and working hard.

I'm not saying there was never a reason for teams to red flag him, just that he seems to be happy in Indy and it might be easier for him to stay out of trouble than a lot of people may have thought.

It seems to me that they where using Rodgers as a decoy a lot.  I think Rodgers actually drew more coverage then TY.  

He's obviously needs some polishing, but I'm glad our coaching staff took the extra time to work with him and their patience has shown up. His ability/speed can't be taught, but route running can. I for one hope we see more of him in the playoffs. Especially using his height/speed/hands on some deep routes along the side lines, and throw him some jump passes in the end zone.  

I have also noticed this. Teams have to respect both him and Brazill unlike DHB. They have both been effectively drawing coverage away from Ty. BB may have an answer for this Saturday but for the last few weeks our wr core has shown definite improvement. But back to Rodgers.. this kids sky is the limit. He has been getting open, the good part is that someone else has also been open and is probably been the primary target. Andrew is not "shying" away from him. This weekend may be when he gets the ball thrown his way more often.

I've been away from the forum for the last few weeks so I apologise in advance if this topic has been discussed at length already but I just wanted to see how you guys think Da'Rick Rogers has performed so far.

Obviously there was a lot of excitement when we signed him and a lot of people were expecting big things. At the same time, however, I noticed a lot of people preaching patience.

Personally, I didn't expect too much. The guy obviously has the talent and physical traits to succeed but I didn't think he would play a prominent role until next season at the earliest. 

That being said, he has really impressed me so far. On the field, he looks big and fast and he's made some really good plays in the relatively short time that he's been playing. Off the field, I've seen nothing that concerns me.

Hopefully he can carry on in the same vein. Just keep his head down, keep working hard and keep making plays. If he does so, I think we'll be very lucky to have snapped him up.

I think that he has come in and done a great job. For a rookie in the NFL, in my opinion, has done very well and is lucky to be on a team with the kind of leadership that the Colts have. It is a great opportunity for this kid and I hope to see him get more playing time. If Reggie wouldn't have went down, I don't know if we would have seen him at all this season. Hopefully he will develop in the offense and if so the Colts may have the receiving in the league next year!

He has all the talent in the world and absolutely must display it saturday because Hilton will be doubled and bracketed all game especially after hearing what belichick said the other day. If he comes up big like 5-6 catches for 80yds td I say we can win the game if not, well lets not think about that.......

Funny how fans read the history differently.

Being open means little to Andrew. He will Force the ball to whoever his primary receiver is more often rather than finding the open players. Even in coverage, especially if they are downfield. He has been very consistent about this, thou he has definitely shown a better Mind the last month.

Rogers has shown he doesn`t know how to finish some of his routes yet. No reason he won`t be great at that one day.

TY Will draw a lot of coverage so Andrew is going to have to go elsewhere a lot. Brazzil & Rogers are worrisome.

TY is looking mighty sharp and will do some damage anyway, IMO.

Our run game, as BAD as Satele & McGlynn are, Should have some success against their badly weakened interior D.

It will come down to Andrew running well, not holding onto the ball, and his Accuracy issues, not throwing late and behind his receivers regularly. He has gotten better lately, will he fit it in tight spots against BB`s D without the Int`s?

His only limiting factor right now is targets.

It is difficult for Andrew to throw him the ball when he has a DB glued to his backside...

Rogers doesn't run good routes and break open much...his last couple of targerts were 'jump balls' between him and the DB, one caught and one not.

Darick needs a lot more work on route-running, just like any young WR.

Ehh, I've watched Luck miss open receivers all year.  That's sometimes his biggest weakness.