Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Season is a Success

Smonroe

Gotta agree here, especially when we have so many pieces in place and are in the playoffs for the second consecutive year

You make it seem like we deserve to win. I'd say it was pretty clear that KC has better players, the attrition killed them.

Plus we lost three starters on offense, four if you include Bradshaw. How can you possibly think the seasons a failure?

I can see where you come from, but any season is a failure if you can't win the superbowl.

Yeah But

With the last 2 years losing a legend & going from  worst to lots better like  2,   seasons @ 11-5  & Andrew Luck Wins his first

playoff game in his second season unlike 18  this year is or could not ever be considered a failure in fact its been a great season

with one hell of a win . The Superbowl would be the icing on the cake . The bottom line is the Colts are getting it done ..

comparing the 2 QB's heads up

I am really not surprised we won but, how we won was crazy. I would just like to say to the very vocal doubters we had, some people who claimed one and done, that it is nice to see you wrong after how vocal and alarmist some people were.

I'm sure they'll find other faults to complain about. I think we all know this team has issues, but some people seem to regale them.

After losing Reggie, Allen, Thomas, and Bradshaw no one should be complaining about underachieving.

I said before the season started my expectations were an AFC South Title and a playoff win this year.  From here on out it's house money to me.  Even more impressive when you look at all the important guys we lost a long the way.  Our future is so bright it's not even funny and all this experience that these guys are getting as young guys is only going to payoff for years to come. 

You make it seem like we deserve to win. I'd say it was pretty clear that KC has better players, the attrition killed them.

Plus we lost three starters on offense, four if you include Bradshaw. How can you possibly think the seasons a failure?

If you're in our situation, I think we should get at least another playoff win.  This team has proven that you should not count them out and the expectations should be high.  In fact, I think Grigs, Pagano, and everyone on the roster will agree with that.  Why be happy with anything other than the best?

I'm really proud of our Colts coaching staff and players for bouncing back from that 28-pt deficit. It shows a lot about the quality of team Ryan Grigson has put together. No matter what happens next week (or the week after?) the Colts deserve a ton of praise.

I agree. Definitely a success, even if we lose to DEN/NE next week.

No thanks! I don't care who we face, we have potential to beat any team. I kind of want to face the Chargers and Saints to overcome our curse like we did with New England. Not scared of either after this game. I want revenge...

IMHO.

No matter what happens next week.

Absolutely. And you cannot underestimate how important it is for this new era team and Luck to:

1) Reach the play offs second for year in a row

2) Progress at least one stop further in the play offs.

You absolutely need to be in the play-offs to gain the needed experience the be a top flight team. No way about it, and we are already 2 out of 2.

It is also of high importance that we have progressed further than last year and avoid the 1-and-done stigmata. When you work hard, you need to see the effort playing you back, and it already did this year. :disco:

The guys have got a taste for it, I tell ya'. As Pagano said before the start, we have some unfinished business to attend to! :rock:

No thanks! I don't care who we face, we have potential to beat any team. I kind of want to face the Chargers and Saints to overcome our curse like we did with New England. Not scared of either after this game. I want revenge...

This. This is why this season is not a success if we don't go all the way. We've proven this team can beat any team, any where. I'm very confident going into NE or DEN. this team just has the "it" factor. 

If you're in our situation, I think we should get at least another playoff win.  This team has proven that you should not count them out and the expectations should be high.  In fact, I think Grigs, Pagano, and everyone on the roster will agree with that.  Why be happy with anything other than the best?

Obviously, everyone wants to keep winning. No one is satisfied with a loss, ever. And there's no such thing as a moral victory.

But to say the season is only successful for one team is ridiculous IMHO. Teams like the Falcons and Texans have to be depressed. But if the fans don't think the Jets or Cardinals had successful seasons, they're delusional.

Beside us fans, not too many gave the Colts any chance to win the SB before the season started. After we lost four starters on O and had 15 go on IR, not too many thought we'd go very far. I heard Paper Tiger from a weak division.

When it's all over, and a SB winner is crowned, I'll say we had a successful season no matter what happens next week.

I agree.  Successful season. 

I agree completely. No matter what happens next week we went to the playoffs and won a game 2 years after going 2-14. 

I'm sure they'll find other faults to complain about. I think we all know this team has issues, but some people seem to regale them.

After losing Reggie, Allen, Thomas, and Bradshaw no one should be complaining about underachieving.

I agree. Definitely a success, even if we lose to DEN/NE next week.

I agree.

However, I sense this ride is not over just yet. ;)

The season is definitely successful but I hope the team stays hungry and doesn't get too emotional after this huge win!

I agree with all of these. :)

Indeed. I posted that we have to at least win one playoff game. Mission complete. Now lets win that Super Bowl. BTW who do we play next? Broncos or Pats (Hopefully Pats)?

That depends on who wins the Bengals/Chargers game. If the Bengals win we get Denver. If the Chargers win we get New England. Either way its going to be a road game in cold weather which I think benefits us.

I was thinking the same thing last year with the Ravens. Maybe win a first round game, won your division, and lose on the road to Denver. However, you never know. The Colts have a similar path that the Ravens had last year. Beat KC, then possible games at New England and Denver, and a likely Super Bowl against maybe Seattle or SF. Luck is hot right now, and the Colts have shown they can beat anyone in the league. Very interesting. 

Obviously, everyone wants to keep winning. No one is satisfied with a loss, ever. And there's no such thing as a moral victory.

But to say the season is only successful for one team is ridiculous IMHO. Teams like the Falcons and Texans have to be depressed. But if the fans don't think the Jets or Cardinals had successful seasons, they're delusional.

Beside us fans, not too many gave the Colts any chance to win the SB before the season started. After we lost four starters on O and had 15 go on IR, not too many thought we'd go very far. I heard Paper Tiger from a weak division.

When it's all over, and a SB winner is crowned, I'll say we had a successful season no matter what happens next week.

I can understand that.  Personally, I think the Cards were just unlucky to be in the NFC West because they could have made the playoffs in the AFC.  As for the Jets, their situation was very different from ours.  We have several pieces in place, and we expect to win.  If you offered the Jets a .500 season at the start of the year, their fans would have taken it and ran.  If you offered us a .500 season, we would be greatly disappointed.  The point is to win and given how our team is, I don't think we should expect anything less

I can understand that.  Personally, I think the Cards were just unlucky to be in the NFC West because they could have made the playoffs in the AFC.  As for the Jets, their situation was very different from ours.  We have several pieces in place, and we expect to win.  If you offered the Jets a .500 season at the start of the year, their fans would have taken it and ran.  If you offered us a .500 season, we would be greatly disappointed.  The point is to win and given how our team is, I don't think we should expect anything less

I get that. I was disagreeing with the blanket statement that 31 teams fail.

Gotta agree here, especially when we have so many pieces in place and are in the playoffs for the second consecutive year

Not that it means everything, but the Colts have one pro bowl player. Roster wise, this team isn't the seahawks or 49ers.....yet. Hell, most "experts" expected the Colts to take a step back. This season has been a rousing success imo.

i would say 95% success..the last 5% would be superbowl win...I think just getting that first win for alot of our young guys will help us this postseason and many to come. its huge. If any of the young guys had pregame jitters i think they whont be there for DEN//NE game. Thank god we got some top notch leaders on this team.