Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts fans. If he is available... would you?

MrNLM

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of you worry that he might "change" the locker room comradery/feel like with the NYJs?

The right defense is a glaring need for us in the offseason if you ask me. The other glaring need is an offense that is not trying to put a square peg in a round hole... if you catch my drift.

None of you worry that he might "change" the locker room comradery/feel like with the NYJs?

The right defense is a glaring need for us in the offseason if you ask me. The other glaring need is an offense that is not trying to put a square peg in a round hole... if you catch my drift.

No worries at all. Rex Ryan at d coordinator gif me pl0x.

I want it so bad I reverted to net speak from 10 years ago.

Rex Ryan will bring too much media attention. We don't need anymore attention especially since we have Irsay already.

You fool. You dont turn down a Ryan as DC. You just dont. Rob and Rex Ryan are two of the best defensive minds in the game. If you have a chance at one of them running your D you take it, no questions asked.

I can not overstate how HUGE an upgrade this would be over Greg "I lined up my ILBs in man coverage and dropped Josh Chapman in coverage" Manusky. Please just stop.

With a Rex Ryan led defense... this season could have been a bit sweeter.

Those 3 blowouts would have at least been contestable and our 2 close games would have been wins most likely.

A #1 seed could have been ours... theoretically... even with our offensive short comings.

You fool. You dont turn down a Ryan as DC. You just dont. Rob and Rex Ryan are two of the best defensive minds in the game. If you have a chance at one of them running your D you take it, no questions asked.

I can not overstate how HUGE an upgrade this would be over Greg "I lined up my ILBs in man coverage and dropped Josh Chapman in coverage" Manusky. Please just stop.

What makes you think he is going to downgrade to a coordinator fool?

There are plenty of teams that would be desperate to hire him like the Texans or the Bears. It's not happening buddy!

There are plenty of teams that would be desperate to hire him like the Texans or the Bears. It's not happening buddy!

Bears? lolwut?!

Texans? LOLWUT?!

You do realize that if the Texans hired Rex Ryan as their new HC that it would just be the New York Jets all over again... without the media circus.

Bears? lolwut?!

Texans? LOLWUT?!

You do realize that if the Texans hired Rex Ryan as their new HC that it would just be the New York Jets all over again... without the media circus.

Lol no. The Jets just have bad scouting. The quarterbacks are what is costing him. Especially Mark Sanchez. Can't blame Geno though. He's a rookie... He might just save him his job for 1 more year

No team will touch him with a 10 foot pole for the head coaching gig. He will swallow his pride and go back to being a coordinator for a while, or be out of the league.

The Texans want offense, he brings none of it.

The Bears just hired a new guy this year.

The only team that might take a swing at him is Dallas, and Jerry already fired one Ryan brother. Hes a coordinator or he is done.

Pagano has the ties to him as they worked together for years in Baltimore (though Pagano was the understudy during that period). Its a matter of Manusky, who needs to go, but probably wont.

I brought up this topic/idea in the chat room during the game.  I don't think Ryan was perceived as a problematic attention hog personality when he was a defensive coordinator. You don't really see defensive coordinators having that much of a platform to speak like a head coach has. The Ryan that we know now was given that platform as a head coach, although most of the negativity in my opinion is more perception than reality. I think he's a good guy overall.

If Ryan did end up getting fired and he decided to go back to being a DC I think he would fit well here as far as the locker room culture is concerned. The same principles of family and brotherhood that Pagano is speaking about here in Indy,  I'm fairly certain this was also being taught in Baltimore when they were both there.  You can tell by going back and listening to old Ray Lewis clips, and also other Baltimore Ravens from recent years. They all use the same language that Pagano instills in his players. In New York I think Rex made some poor decisions in dealing with the media that maybe a more experienced head coach would not have made.  And when he made those mistakes the media just pounced all over him and the Jets and it created a negative locker room culture when adversity struck.

One thing I will say about Manusky though, I think we(or at least some of us) may be wanting to throw him out somewhat prematurely seeing that the D is just now beginning to get a little bit of talent on it.  I'm not his biggest fan but I think he actually needs at least next year for us to really know if he is the problem.

I've already said in game day thread: "Offense wins game, Defense wins championship"

And with our without that tattoo I don't want Ryan, I question his abilities based on last 2 seasons.

His offense is the problem he always has a hell of a D that's wat he will be here is D coordinator

Us wanting Ryan proves your point right

I've already said in game day thread: "Offense wins game, Defense wins championship"

And with our without that tattoo I don't want Ryan, I question his abilities based on last 2 seasons.

He has had a top 6 ranking defense every year as a HC... his abilities are apparently better than ours right now.

Lol no. The Jets just have bad scouting. The quarterbacks are what is costing him. Especially Mark Sanchez. Can't blame Geno though. He's a rookie... He might just save him his job for 1 more year

I think the Jets will retain him for 1 more season as they have over achieved this year and as the head coach, he gets the credit for holding together a potential collapse with that circus in new york. Big city, big lights and big expectations, I see them keeping Rex and seeing what he can do with a 2nd year QB thats shown flashes unless Rex says he is still content on starting Sanchez next year regardless.

I would trade him for manusky everyday though, manusky is just simply too vanilla for my liking and is hoping his scheme has 11 star players to make plays instead of a few stars, several good players and a couple fringe players. Manusky isn't good at covering up poor performing guys inside the scheme, they stand out. Look at the pats, they have plugged in just guys and you rarely notice there is a flaw in their game. Several other teams are doing the same thing to us but geez, new england was just getting creative with their scheme last night to dominate.

I don't see a team as conservative as the colts dumping manusky for anyone though and especially after a winning season.

In the last 5 SBs, which D won the game?

Offenses wins games and championships. Defenses try to hang on.