Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Chiefs

Flash7

I'm so excited for this game. Over the past two weeks, we've seen better play on defense and finally we've started seeing some sense of urgency from the offense. Can we be coming together at the right time? This will be a good test to see where we are.

The fact that there are threads on this forum about Brazill, Rogers, and Whalen--and their break out games is a good thing. We've seen Luck look more confident in throwing to his receivers, and they've delivered some big plays.

What do you think will be the keys to this week's game?

Guest TeamLoloJones

Have we really seen better defensive play over the last 2 weeks? The D was pretty good against a 2-12 team, but couldn't stop a nosebleed against the Bengals.

I'm calling it right now...if we beat the Cheifs, we don't lose the rest of the season...book it.

Have we really seen better defensive play over the last 2 weeks? The D was pretty good against a 2-12 team, but couldn't stop a nosebleed against the Bengals.

I would argue that against the Bengals we played well the first half. We held them to 7 points and with a minute left in the half, the refs gave the Bengals 7 more points, which the NFL admitted to. After that point, we lost our mental edge and gave up on that game. The defense probably felt that they had to play against the Bengals and the refs.

On the Bengals first TD, Davis actually had good coverage. He was right with Marvin Jones, but the ball was placed where Jones had to dive away from Davis to catch it for the TD. I think they played well, physically, but got out of it mentally in the second half.

But, yeah....the second half was bad.

Force Alex Smith to beat us and sooner or later, Bowe or Avery or one of their no name wideouts will drop a few key balls and we can pull out a close one.

If there is a game where Pagano's "setting the edge" philosophy will be on display, it is this game. Our LBs need to have a very good game.

Force Alex Smith to beat us and sooner or later, Bowe or Avery or one of their no name wideouts will drop a few key balls and we can pull out a close one.

If there is a game where Pagano's "setting the edge" philosophy will be on display, it is this game. Our LBs need to have a very good game.

Not to be creepy or anything lol but I have liked every single one of your posts. Very open minded and sensible with enthusiasm for your team. No over anything (pessimistic especially!) More posters emulate please :-)

Not to be creepy or anything lol but I have liked every single one of your posts. Very open minded and sensible with enthusiasm for your team. No over anything (pessimistic especially!) More posters emulate please :-)

Why don't you try getting his #, ask him out for dinner see where things go

I would argue that against the Bengals we played well the first half. We held them to 7 points and with a minute left in the half, the refs gave the Bengals 7 more points, which the NFL admitted to. After that point, we lost our mental edge and gave up on that game. The defense probably felt that they had to play against the Bengals and the refs.

On the Bengals first TD, Davis actually had good coverage. He was right with Marvin Jones, but the ball was placed where Jones had to dive away from Davis to catch it for the TD. I think they played well, physically, but got out of it mentally in the second half.

But, yeah....the second half was bad.

A game of football is at least 4 quarters long. A good first half doesn't mean that the other half doesn't count...

I'm torn here

If I was Pagano and Manusky I would make sure Charles does not beat the Colts

Charles has killed teams this year, more on screen passes and other receprtions with an occasional long run mixed in....  if we don't stop him, we don't have a chance... everyone has to hold their gound and position vs Charles.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Back down to earth please while its good to be confident in your team but its easy to be over confident.

Being a pessimist is easier.  Optimists pave roads.  Pessimists walk on them.

Charles has killed teams this year, more on screen passes and other receprtions with an occasional long run mixed in....  if we don't stop him, we don't have a chance... everyone has to hold their gound and position vs Charles.

Not having Angerer available to replace Sheppard in passing situations must make his fans & Pagano Sad.

I really think there are only two teams in the league that can beat the Colts at this point.

Here's a question - is our D better than last year's D?  I think so.  Last year our D allowed the Chiefs to run all over us, but they only scored 1 TD.  Yes, our most valuable defensive player was probably Brady Quinn, true enough.

So, they've made a great improvement at QB and we've made some really good improvements all over the Defense.  Is it too much to think that the improvements could even out and the outcome could be the same?

That is motivation enough right there

darn straight its enough motivation. we win out and as long as cinci loses (they still have Baltimore who is fighting for a playoff spot) and NE loses we hold the tie breaker over NE so the 2 seed would be ours. of course the so called " experts " wont talk about this, but im sure this is something the colts are thinking about as im pretty sure they are not just happy with the division championship. first round bye would be nice.

We need some designed runs from Luck. Keep their Defense guessing. 

I think they should leave Freeman, McNary, or Connor to spy on Jamaal Charles. Those screen passes that the Chiefs throw to him are killers. If we keep one of our ILB's on him then maybe we can hold the yardage down on those plays. 

I also think we need to use Bethea on blitzing more. That was some good stuff right there. Hopefully Werner and Walden show up as well. We are going to need to pressure Alex Smith so he has to adjust his dink and dunk passes. 

Also, keep T-Rich involved in the passing game. Throw some to Choice as well. Work those screens! Let's see some slants to Rogers and TY. 

Also, I think some squib kicks might be in order or if McAfee can blast it out of the endzone. Keep it away from McCluster! 

We need some designed runs from Luck. Keep their Defense guessing. 

I think they should leave Freeman, McNary, or Connor to spy on Jamaal Charles. Those screen passes that the Chiefs throw to him are killers. If we keep one of our ILB's on him then maybe we can hold the yardage down on those plays. 

I also think we need to use Bethea on blitzing more. That was some good stuff right there. Hopefully Werner and Walden show up as well. We are going to need to pressure Alex Smith so he has to adjust his dink and dunk passes. 

Also, keep T-Rich involved in the passing game. Throw some to Choice as well. Work those screens! Let's see some slants to Rogers and TY. 

Also, I think some squib kicks might be in order or if McAfee can blast it out of the endzone. Keep it away from McCluster! 

If McCluster can go he didn't play last game.

We finally had a quick offense last game but thats the only game. Unfortunately we sacrificed good 1st half for bad 2nd half against a bad team. We scored only 5 points in the 3rd qtr and nothing in the 4th. We need to keep it up throughout the entire game. If not, were not going to do very well.