Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brazill or Whalen

Caleb3502

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Griff has shown what he is made of. He may not have the "up side" that his detractors keep flaunting but he clearly has the fundamentals to be a very good receiver. His work ethic is great and he is only going to get better. Shame on the Colts coaching staff for not giving him the chance earlier to grow in the offense with Luck but I guess it's better later than never.

It's not even a debate and never has been to me, when i watched tape of both based on route running ability alone i knew Whalen was the better wr. Whalen is a mix between Collie and Welker the way he plays and his size, Welker is just a little faster. Brazil is a good 4th wr on the depth chart nothing more.

Absolutely right!

Whalen is a WR I would not want the colts risk losing to another team. IMO he could be the next Welker. you could line him up anywhere and 9 out of 10 times could come up with the big catch for a first down when you need it the most. now in no way am I saying brazill couldn't do the same, but how many teams could actually say they can go to ANY receiver for that big play?? next year with a receiver group of Wayne, Hilton, Rogers, Brazill and Whalen could make for a very good group.

I don't know what's behind some people's conviction that Brazill is clearly better. To me, Whalen seems to just keep making plays, and seems to have good hands, which is what the team has been missing the most since Reggie went down. I'm liking Whalen a lot more than Brazill right now.

I don't know what's behind some people's conviction that Brazill is clearly better. To me, Whalen seems to just keep making plays, and seems to have good hands, which is what the team has been missing the most since Reggie went down. I'm liking Whalen a lot more than Brazill right now.

Yep......gotta love his "movin the chains", especially on 3rd dowms.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Lol why does Brazill need to go? What short memories everyone has here.

Because we are only allowed to have 4 WRs on the roster...right? No? Then I have no clue...

Lol why does Brazill need to go? What short memories everyone has here.

Come on! Its just a bit of hyperbole. Of course he doesn't literally have to go. The team must carry more than 3 WRs on the roster. I think most people understand the point.

Heck, even DHB can stay. He did well on special teams today. Perhaps he has finally found a home.

Did Brazil even play today?  I didn't get to see the game, although I did follow it on NFL.com.  However it did not appear to me that Brazil played.

Am I incorrect?  Let me know.....

He played, He was targeted 1 time but I believe the ball was slightly overthrown, he got his hands on it however

Whalen is a keeper.  He looked great out there on the field today.  Kudos to Grigson for finding this kid.  If we had our full compliment of WRs, along With D. Allen, we would have a good stable of weapons for Luck.(Not to mention Bradshaw and Ballard)

DHB looks great on special teams though!  He won't be back with the shoe next year.

We need a FA > DHB and Avery.  Third time will be the charm?

Sure there is, several things can be evaluated without being targeted alot, not everything but some things

There's not a whole heck of a lot there.  Can you tell us even how many snaps he even played?

I would be surprised if it was a bunch because the dude is coming off a foot injury.

Griff Whalen, T.Y. Hilton, Da'Rick Rodgers, Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen are the future WR/TE's of this team. Brazille and DHB need to go.

Need another vet with experience to add to the mix - Reggie, plus a vet.  Keep 5. 

Need another vet with experience to add to the mix - Reggie, plus a vet.  Keep 5. 

Nah, I would rather burn our money on the O-line. Reggie, Griff Whalen, T.Y. Hilton, Da'Rick Rodgers are given, and Brazill is good unless Grigson can find yet another diamond on the rough for #5.

Let young Mr. Luck get some time to build rhythm and consistency with those five. :number1:

Whalen is a keeper.  He looked great out there on the field today.  Kudos to Grigson for finding this kid.  If we had our full compliment of WRs, along With D. Allen, we would have a good stable of weapons for Luck.(Not to mention Bradshaw and Ballard)

DHB looks great on special teams though!  He won't be back with the shoe next year.

We need a FA > DHB and Avery.  Third time will be the charm?

Grigson doesn't get that much Kudos on Whalen though.  Freeman was a good find, Whalen was an obvious UDFA signing.

Whalen was considered to be a top UDFA target right after the draft ended.  A lot of teams wanted to bring him into training camp, including the 49er's.  He only chose to sign with us because he wanted to play with Luck.  (And thought that signing with Luck's team was his best shot at making a team or having a good NFL career.)

So I'm glad he signed him and all, but Whalen was too obvious of a signing to give Grigs that much credit for grabbing him.

Now a dude like Freeman on the other hand was a great find.  

Nah, I would rather burn our money on the O-line. Reggie, Griff Whalen, T.Y. Hilton, Da'Rick Rodgers are given, and Brazill is good unless Grigson can find yet another diamond on the rough for #5.

Let young Mr. Luck get some time to build rhythm and consistency with those five. :number1:

Reggie going down has shown they desperately need some veteran depth with experience.   Rogers, Whalen, Brazill and Allen all have very little - a season or less.  TY and Fleener will be the most experienced. 

Who's the better player?  Both are wide receivers and both are punt returners.  Both have not had enough time to show what they can do, but have both shown very good performances.  If you could choose which one gets more playing time, who would you pick?  A lot of people would probably say Brazill, but Whalen has not been given enough playing time to prove he can play. 

Griff made it look easy yesterday, something Brazzil has never done.

The choice therefore is Easy. Happy at this time to see what both have ahead.

Got to be excited about Rogers, Whalen, Brazzil, TY, FleenR, D Allen and TRich working with Andrew in our next off season

The necessary Size, Speed, Hands are there to attack the whole Field BIGTIME!

If I had to make next year's 53 man roster right now, Griff Whalen would be on it, and Lavon Brazill wouldn't be. That doesn't really matter, though.

I agree, with Rogers, T.Y, Whalen, and Wayne coming back next year i don't think Brazil makes the roster. Fleener and Allen are basically big WR's that happen to play TE. We could use that extra spot for a CB or O-lineman. He'll make the practice squad but he's just too inconsistent to be on the roster.

I agree, with Rogers, T.Y, Whalen, and Wayne coming back next year i don't think Brazil makes the roster. Fleener and Allen are basically big WR's that happen to play TE. We could use that extra spot for a CB or O-lineman. He'll make the practice squad but he's just too inconsistent to be on the roster.

Brazill is not practice squad eligible.

I'm assuming we add another receiver, and hopefully Reggie comes back ready to play. And to me, outside of DHB, Brazill is on the bottom of the totem pole.