166 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have?

• 1st round pick
    • T-Rich

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly even if TRich turns out to be the best RB in the NFL our fans are still gonna hate him too

Naw they'll just get that "Golly! He never showed anything before. Happy he proved me wrong!" Attitude going and slip in on the bandwagon.

I guess it's easy to be a good RB when youre running behind the best line in football (Alabama). Big difference from running behind the worst line in football (Indianapolis).

T-Rich doesn't have a burst at all, is slow, and Donets break tackles near like he should.

I guess it's easy to be a good RB when youre running behind the best line in football (Alabama). Big difference from running behind the worst line in football (Indianapolis).

T-Rich doesn't have a burst at all, is slow, and Donets break tackles near like he should.

We got doughnuts too? Definitely glad we made the trade now.

This is tough for me.  I understand that Trent has struggled so far in the run game.  However, I really believe that's more a problem with the Oline, and him not having any sort of off-season with the team.  It's very hard for a player to get traded mid-season and try to acclimate himself to a new city, home, team, scheme, playbook, etc.  Also, I think some of the fault is our offensive play-calling.  For the most part, it's been painfully obvious when we're going to run.  We just don't have the personnel to be a team that says "We're going to tell you what we're doing, it's up to you to stop us."  We're just not talented enough up front to have that kind of mentality yet.

Lately, Trent has actually looked pretty good.  He's found a niche in the passing game, and I truly believe that the numbers in the running game will come in time.  Likely not this year, but give him an off season with the team, maybe a new Guard and Center, and let's see how he does.

All that being said.......  I just don't believe in giving up a first round pick for a running back.  Running backs do NOT make or break a team.  Yes, it's nice to have a good one, but it isn't necessary in the league today.  I would have rather seen us give up a #1 on a good guard or center.  So, my vote goes to 1st round pick.  I'm just not giving up on T-Rich just yet.

you mean a special teams player and a running back who runs for 2.6 Yards a carry.

Maybe you missed my point? A first round draft pick is hit and miss, especially late in the first round. Hopefully TR will have the last laugh at some point. Werner had maybe his best game yesterday so did Trent. Monsters are not built overnight.

Untitled1.gif

I think we value the term "1st round pick" too much and associate it with the likes of Andrew Luck value as opposed to Kyle Long value. Immediate game-changing impact vs long term team improvement.

People on this board want someone that is a complete game changer and want them to produce huge numbers right away. They don't consider the long term or what that player might do for the overall team. Trent had 950 yards last season and missed time. That's still better than anyone on our roster not named Bradshaw performed last season. So based on the small sample size, I like Trent better than the potential of a late round guy in a relatively weak draft class. Another thing to note is that we will probably be more stingy with our draft picks when we have less cap room. But for now, I think the mentality is that we can sign quality FA's for short contracts if we have holes to fill due to our $30 mill (roughly?) 

I will be interested to see what Trent looks like after a full off-season with the Colts and hopefully an improved offensive line.

I think we value the term "1st round pick" too much and associate it with the likes of Andrew Luck value as opposed to Kyle Long value. Immediate game-changing impact vs long term team improvement.

People on this board want someone that is a complete game changer and want them to produce huge numbers right away. They don't consider the long term or what that player might do for the overall team. Trent had 950 yards last season and missed time. That's still better than anyone on our roster not named Bradshaw performed last season. So based on the small sample size, I like Trent better than the potential of a late round guy in a relatively weak draft class. Another thing to note is that we will probably be more stingy with our draft picks when we have less cap room. But for now, I think the mentality is that we can sign quality FA's for short contracts if we have holes to fill due to our $30 mill (roughly?) 

I will be interested to see what Trent looks like after a full off-season with the Colts and hopefully an improved offensive line.

I don't think it is just people on this board who want someone who will produce right away I think most everyone across the NFL; fans and FO's included want that.  With how things are structured roster space, CBA, salary cap, free agency, etc ... you need to see significant production from your 1st round picks early on to get the value.

Also I believe some positions are more conducive to longer development than others. An offensive linemen for example has more value in development than a RB. 

No question Richardson will look better behind a better OL, but will it be any better than a later round RB would do behind that same OL.

Okay what first rounder would make an immediate impact if we don't have trich? Is there a wideout DB DE NT I mean a kicker that will make an immediate game changer impact?

There will be good players available. Why do they have to make an immediate impact?