Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As long as we have these injuries...

bap1331

Were not going anywhere. I have no idea what we can do to prevent them. And why we have so many... We have way too many key players out this season.

Vick Ballard

Ahmad Bradshaw

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Allen

And then temporary ones we've had with

Jerrell Freeman

Laron Landry

Greg Toler

Vontae Davis

We just can't afford to keep doing this. Its like a curse. I'm just glad Andrew Luck hasn't gotten hurt yet..

What will we do? Maybe they need to take more vitamins? Something!!!!

Were not going anywhere. I have no idea what we can do to prevent them. And why we have so many... We have way too many key players out this season.

Vick Ballard

Ahmad Bradshaw

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Allen

Jerrell Freeman

Laron Landry

Greg Toler

Vontae Davis

We just can't afford to keep doing this. Its like a curse. I'm just glad Andrew Luck hasn't gotten hurt yet..

We do well when we have all our players healthy. Like in the Broncos game.

Vick Ballard

Ahmad Bradshaw

Reggie Wayne

Dwayne Allen

Jerrell Freeman

Laron Landry

Greg Toler

Vontae Davis

Not aware of V Davis missing time or even practice. Freeman a missed a bit but nothing much there either. On the other hand you missed on Donald Thomas.

We need to have the secondary back healthy. Toler is definitely underrated as the number #2 CB and it shows with Vontae not having much help.

Also 5 offensive starters is a huge loss to anybody, and it just doesn't seem to be working with Pep right now. The O-line couldn't keep Luck off his back and Richardson didn't help.

We looked like a very hot mess against a below average team. Hopefully this is a turning point where we can make a run. Or maybe it is where we fall apart at the seams.

Patriots were winning without Amendola, Gronk, Mayo and Wilfork for a few games. That's 2 big key ones on offense and 2 real big ones on D

That's where coaching should improvise and adapt

Doesn't hurt they started out with a favorable schedule

All of the players weren't healthy for the broncos game

We had Reggie for the bulk of the Broncos game...he's the key injury that has brought the offense to a grinding halt.  There are three guys on this team that just couldn't get hurt, Luck, Mathis, and Wayne.  We are seeing why Wayne was one of those guys. 

With that said I still think this team is winning the AFC South.

We need to have the secondary back healthy. Toler is definitely underrated as the number #2 CB and it shows with Vontae not having much help.

Also 5 offensive starters is a huge loss to anybody, and it just doesn't seem to be working with Pep right now. The O-line couldn't keep Luck off his back and Richardson didn't help.

We looked like a very hot mess against a below average team. Hopefully this is a turning point where we can make a run. Or maybe it is where we fall apart at the seams.

Yeah it could go either way IMO

We had Reggie for the bulk of the Broncos game...he's the key injury that has brought the offense to a grinding halt.  There are three guys on this team that just couldn't get hurt, Luck, Mathis, and Wayne.  We are seeing why Wayne was one of those guys. 

With that said I still think this team is winning the AFC South.

Yeah will win the division but nothing else it seems. 

We were/are going to face life without Reggie very soon...in fact, he may not be back.

I don't know why we didn't pick a top WR last year instead of Werner...except that Pagano would probably always favor a defensive player.......not good planning ahead.

Too bad Pagano doesn't make the draft choices and Grigson does.  Sure Pagano has say in it but at the end of the day the GM is the person who makes the call on draft picks. 

No one could have foreseen the Wayne injury. He had/has a few more years left, so it wasn't an immediate need. Remember how we all talked about how deep we were at skill positions? Losing Ballard and Allen have hurt a lot too. Allen was a go to guy last year and could block like a *. Fleenor is finally showing signs as a pass catcher, but he isn't nearly the blocker Allen is. We have to adjust. Today was lousy all around.

We were/are going to face life without Reggie very soon...in fact, he may not be back.I don't know why we didn't pick a top WR last year instead of Werner...except that Pagano would probably always favor a defensive player.......not good planning ahead.

How old is mathis?

can we all agree that T rich is a bust please. I bet even if you put him behind the best 5 O lineman ever, and run him against our run defense, he would still only get about 4 yards a carry. Donald brown is a great back if you plug him in from time to time but he's not a 3 down back, and honestly, we don't have a 3 down back on our roster that is healthy. We have too many needs at positions that we can not fill by the draft and free agency in just one year, I expect this team to be a power house in 2 or 3 years but we are still a work in progress. Expect the unexpected. 

We were/are going to face life without Reggie very soon...in fact, he may not be back.

I don't know why we didn't pick a top WR last year instead of Werner...except that Pagano would probably always favor a defensive player.......not good planning ahead.

Why do I suspect that if they had drafted a WR and if Mathis had gotten hurt, you would have been on here saying that Pagano used "not good planning ahead" and wondered why they did not not take Werner.

Isn't life grand with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight vision?

can we all agree that T rich is a bust please. I bet even if you put him behind the best 5 O lineman ever, and run him against our run defense, he would still only get about 4 yards a carry. Donald brown is a great back if you plug him in from time to time but he's not a 3 down back, and honestly, we don't have a 3 down back on our roster that is healthy. We have too many needs at positions that we can not fill by the draft and free agency in just one year, I expect this team to be a power house in 2 or 3 years but we are still a work in progress. Expect the unexpected.

Bwahahah... and how many yards did Brown have yesterday? Great back my @$$

Ehh after playing great against D. Thomas, Vontae has been burned multiple times for several long TD's in the last 2 games.  

Bwahahah... and how many yards did Brown have yesterday? Great back my *

Are you kidding? Brown had 2 rushes yesterday. He has been much more reliable than Richardson and can at least run past the line of scrimmage(most of the time) when he gets the chance.

No excuses man.... Maybe I underestimated Toler? Seems like since hes been out that we've been awful in coverage Davis the biggest offender imo. Anyone want to confirm this?

I thought Toler played well. He has good ball skills. He was only bad against Denver. He may fit the slot role better but he's a lot better than Vaughn on the outside.

Are you kidding? Brown had 2 rushes yesterday. He has been much more reliable than Richardson and can at least run past the line of scrimmage(most of the time) when he gets the chance.

Umm no, no I wasn't. Much more reliable in the fact that he gets the majority of his plays from draw and trap plays which Richardson rarely sees? Hmm odd, even in the screen game Trent has performed just as well. The coincidental thing is that when Trent has been able to run out of those formations he's ran well, HOWEVER when Donald has been asked to run out of the power formations Trent has to endure, he can't even sniff the line of scrimmage. If you really believe Donald is getting the same respect as Trent, in the running game, from opposing defenses then we are watching completely different games.