Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who will emerge as the #2 receiver?

BlueCollarColts

Our #2 receiver?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who will step up to take some pressure off Hilton?

• Darrius Heyward-Bey
    • LaVon Brazill
    • Griff Whalen
    • It'll be the Fleener/Hilton show the rest of the way with little help

Hilton and Fleener. Whalen got a ton of targets and was open consistently on Sunday (though he did drop a few balls) so he might emerge as the next guy up after them. 

DHB has shown nothing to suggest that he'll be able to carry a heavy workload.

Brazill is the wildcard here. I think his potential is right up there with Hilton, but he still has a tough time creating separation. 

Other than Hilton I don't trust anyone is capable of a 100yd receiving day with 5 or more receptions besides Fleener. I'm not saying DHB or Brazil can't make big plays because I think they will just not consistent like Fleener.

I have all the faith in the world in Luck so anything is possible with him at QB :)

Other than Hilton I don't trust anyone is capable of a 100yd receiving day with 5 or more receptions besides Fleener. I'm not saying DHB or Brazil can't make big plays because I think they will just not consistent like Fleener.

I have all the faith in the world in Luck so anything is possible with him at QB :)

Let's not forget about Dwayne Allen...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Been reading for years but just decided to join today. I've noticed there's a lot of really smart people on here with some great insight. I'm not gonna pretend to be a football expert like many of you are, but I sure do love the game, and I'll always stand behind this team!

But anyways, now that I got that out of the way... I was curious what you guys think the chances are that rogers will get promoted from the ps this season? I know he's had some off field issues, but I would really like to see what he's capable of, especially when our recieving corps isn't looking so great. I think now would be as good a time as any to give him a chance. He has a ton of potential, and he may just be the big physical guy we need right now to give us an edge. If anything it would give us more depth at the WR position. And if he does step up big that could be the solution to our problem next year and we may not have to draft a WR or sign someone. I don't know though I could be totally missing something here, what do you guys think?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Been reading for years but just decided to join today. I've noticed there's a lot of really smart people on here with some great insight. I'm not gonna pretend to be a football expert like many of you are, but I sure do love the game, and I'll always stand behind this team!

But anyways, now that I got that out of the way... I was curious what you guys think the chances are that rogers will get promoted from the ps this season? I know he's had some off field issues, but I would really like to see what he's capable of, especially when our recieving corps isn't looking so great. I think now would be as good a time as any to give him a chance. He has a ton of potential, and he may just be the big physical guy we need right now to give us an edge. If anything it would give us more depth at the WR position. And if he does step up big that could be the solution to our problem next year and we may not have to draft a WR or sign someone. I don't know though I could be totally missing something here, what do you guys think?

I really wanna see wat he's got too I just don't think they are gonna play him this year

Welcome to the forum man!

"I've noticed there's a lot of really smart people on here with some great insight"

*Blushes* You're too kind. It's nice to see someone notices my superior intellect :thmup:

It's about time you signed up.  We've been waiting on you forever!

welcome to the forum man!

I really would love for DHB to magically learn to catch with his hands. Reggie needs to get on him about that. Every time he uses his body make him do burpee's! If he can learn that his game would really really explode. Easier said than done though. Bad habits are hard to break.

Hilton and Fleener. Whalen got a ton of targets and was open consistently on Sunday (though he did drop a few balls) so he might emerge as the next guy up after them. 

DHB has shown nothing to suggest that he'll be able to carry a heavy workload.

Brazill is the wildcard here. I think his potential is right up there with Hilton, but he still has a tough time creating separation. 

In a diverse Offense, is the guy that ends up with the second most receptions at the end of the year your #2 receiver?

FleenR will probaly have the 2nd most rec. the rest of the season but not by a big margin.

I think Pep will work All Available into the game plan, something Andrew needs a lot of work at, with this an Excellent time in his career to have this pressure put on him.

Brazill has a limited amount of production and playing time in his short career.

I don`t think he has that "6th gear" that TY has, so he has to become a really good route runner and learn that Reg skill of flowing into holes in the zones. I believe he has good hands, and enough quickness, so if he wants it bad enough he could be really good with Andrew slinging it his way.

Andrew needs to connect with 7-8 guys on a regular basis, and I think he/they/the unit will need another year or so to be dangerous every week. The Offensive weapons neccessary for that big time passing game are already on the roster, IMO.

Play Play Play Practice Practice Practice

IMO we have more like a Bottom 5 O-Line. Get that to top 15 and our O will soon become reliably dominant in all phases.

Maybe by the 2nd half of next year. That would be pretty amazing for year 2.5 of the Build!

I really would love for DHB to magically learn to catch with his hands. Reggie needs to get on him about that. Every time he uses his body make him do burpee's! If he can learn that his game would really really explode. Easier said than done though. Bad habits are hard to break.

I'm guessing that salary cap room wasn't the only thing that Reggie Mckenzie thought about as he was considering cutting DHB. ;) That said, Luck needs to either hit him underneath the coverage or get the ball to him on reverses -- DHB can be an absolute beast once he gets the ball secured.

To the topic, I've only seen a few games (west coast) but I haven't noticed that, aside from Fleener, anyone's stepping up as a solid #2. Now that Hilton has caught a few deep balls though, things may open up underneath for Brown and Richardson.