Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts haven’t heeded Jim Irsay’s demand for better pass protection

HarassedOffTheSite

Do people not realize just how much Luck is responsible for taking as many hits as he does by not seeing wide open receivers at times and holding onto the ball to long?

I'm guessing the fact that the oline were confused on who to block in the first half is a much bigger issue

Do people not realize just how much Luck is responsible for taking as many hits as he does by not seeing wide open receivers at times and holding onto the ball to long?

The interior Oline is pretty bad but Luck has also held the ball for long periods and missed open receivers.  The glaring one last game was when Griff was wide open going into the end zone...

I'm guessing the fact that the oline were confused on who to block in the first half is a much bigger issue

probably....it should be but that does not make every sack that is given up on the O Line, That interior is not good though obviously

The interior Oline is pretty bad but Luck has also held the ball for long periods and missed open receivers.  The glaring one last game was when Griff was wide open going into the end zone...

I don't disagree but sometimes it's caused by the constant pressure the Oline allows.

How dare he make mistakes. He's half way through his 2nd year, he should make every throw every time. You know, like Peyton or Tom or Aaron. I'm thinking bust myself....

I have been giving him a hard time from day 1 for this. And if you watch the tape like a hawk you see him choose to go long into coverage several times a game with guys wide open that he should be able to see.

YPC is a GREAT indicator as to who wins in the NFL. I Guarantee he knows the how and why that is, so it does contribute a great deal to why he is doing this.

As he gains confidence with his line not getting him killed, with the precision of his receivers routes, and trusts their Hands, we should be 100% CONFIDENT he will adapt.

He is protecting the ball and, REALLY Good in the pocket, guess we otta give him an inch to get the rest of it together.

I`m feeling Lucky.

TY Painter! :D

Yeah, Andrew really needs to be better about giving JJ Watt a free rush at him. Kid needs to get with it.

Seriously though our line is awful. 15% Andrew. 85% subpar line play. Because for every instance Luck holds on too long to the ball, he also bails the line out with his mobility, and throwing on the run.

I don't disagree but sometimes it's caused by the constant pressure the Oline allows.

It is sometimes. I just think people blame the Oline for 100% of it and thats not the case entirely.  They need 2 replacements and one will be next year with Thomas coming back and the other is up in the Air.  He does a great job of avoiding it but sometimes he misses the open play, but even the GOAT did it.  He already sees it better than 90% of starting QB's in the league.

Yeah, Andrew really needs to be better about giving JJ Watt a free rush at him. Kid needs to get with it.

Seriously though our line is awful. 15% Andrew. 85% subpar line play. Because for every instance Luck holds on too long to the ball, he also bails the line out with his mobility, and throwing on the run.

Quoted for truth. High Five.

Coach P is right to be 100% positive towards the players on his roster.

And our Owner is not wrong to talk about the obvious. That will actually provide cover in the locker room for his Coach & GM to make changes going forward, whether in season or later. Like replacing a Samson or McDelilah, who I believe without question, are giving all they have.

Talking about it tho won`t improve their lower body strength, upper body strength, mental quickness, physical quickness. All things that may appear in the mirror to be Larger issues than attitude or effort.
 So maybe frequently keeping 7 in to block for Andrew is the #1 answer.

Along with of course going ahead and throwing it to the wide open guys underneath and right in front of you,

more screens... yada yada Yada

6-2 :thmup:

So Early in the Build, so much to Smile about!

Man, Florio loves to troll Irsay.

That guy is such a weasel

One time he printed that the colts had told fans that there were not allowed to talk about resting the starters anymore

That wasn't true and I tweeted at him about it.

Turns out, it was a volunteer moderator who told folks that the venting had gone on long enough.........all over the board and the mods were going to start merging and removing duplicates

He explained to me that since that volunteer was on a colts board.........that's the same as an employee.........which he explained was equal to the colts announcing a policy

Have not trusted a word out of his mouth since

YPC is a GREAT indicator as to who wins in the NFL. I Guarantee he knows the how and why that is, so it does contribute a great deal to why he is doing this.

Ehhhh nonsense. He has a progression for each play and a finite amount of time to get through it, the line does not give him the time to go through it. That is all that is happening there. A Wide Receiver coming open after he should've in the progression is out of the O-O-D-A loop. Luck has moved on to the next Wide Receiver.

You don't have to be a hawk to know this. :)

That guy is such a weasel

One time he printed that the colts had told fans that there were not allowed to talk about resting the starters anymore

That wasn't true and I tweeted at him about it.

Turns out, it was a volunteer moderator who told folks that the venting had gone on long enough.........all over the board and the mods were going to start merging and removing duplicates

He explained to me that since that volunteer was on a colts board.........that's the same as an employee.........which he explained was equal to the colts announcing a policy

Have not trusted a word out of his mouth since

Just wow. He really is a *********************. What's worse, he knows it.

What's assuring though is that everyone else at NBC knows he is a phony. And he knows that too.

Just wow. He really is a *********************. What's worse, he knows it.

What's assuring though is that everyone else at NBC knows he is a phony. And he knows that too.

yeah but I cannot get over seeing him on tv.......with sports guys talking to him.........as if he is an honest source

All I can think of is that he is so good at generating controversy that they have sold out in order to get in on the action

I think its closer to 70-30 crap O Line 

I think its closer to 70-30 crap O Line

Naw. They're far more terrible, than Luck holds on too long. Because long plays have been a staple of our offense in the Luck era, and we've won more than a few games because of it. So the reward far outways the risk for him trying to go deep, or make a play. There's no reward for a leaky OLine.

Naw. They're far more terrible, than Luck holds on too long. Because long plays have been a staple of our offense in the Luck era, and we've won more than a few games because of it. So the reward far outways the risk for him trying to go deep, or make a play. There's no reward for a leaky OLine.

award dont factor into it, Im talking strictly about from the time a wr gets open to the time it takes for him to get rid of the ball

award dont factor into it, Im talking strictly about from the time a wr gets open to the time it takes for him to get rid of the ball

Award absolutely factors into it. He's not doing it because he likes the feel of leather, is a ball hog, or has OCD. He's trying to make a play. Last season our whole offense revolved around the big play, and letting things develop down field. Sometimes it costs us. But sometimes you get a momentum changing bomb like in the Texans game.

He's proven that him holding on can sometimes result in huge game changing plays. So you take some of the minimal loses that happen when he holds on a little longer then maybe he should. He's also still learning the position in the NFL so I'm not worried about that really.

What I am worried about is our decrepit line, and how they allow one of the most dangerous defensive players in the NFL a free rush at our QB.

Lucky for us Andrew is so mobile and can hide the glaring flaws this line has.

Luck is not afraid to get hit in order to deliver a throw and he dosen't conceed that rushers are able to get him down so he does take a lot more abuse than most other QB's. Luck is a modern day Roman Garbriel, who could stay on his feet and still throw the ball down the field with multiple defenders grabbing him in an effort to get him down, and unfortunately he did that to our Colts too many times. Rams 34 Colts 10 (Roman Gabriel Rams beats the Unitas Colts in the last game of the 1967 season, both teams finish with identical 11-1-2 records and the Rams win the Costal division and the Colts are out of the playoffs with only 1 loss on the season). My heart is broken, dang you Roman Gabriel, dang you Jack Snow, dang you fearsome foursome.

Ehhhh nonsense. He has a progression for each play and a finite amount of time to get through it, the line does not give him the time to go through it. That is all that is happening there. A Wide Receiver coming open after he should've in the progression is out of the O-O-D-A loop. Luck has moved on to the next Wide Receiver.

You don't have to be a hawk to know this. :)

That is a joke. The receivers are right in front of him and he turns and looks elsewhere, QUITE Often. A choice.

He throws to his primary receiver most of the time, covered or not. Enjoy your world.

Luck is not afraid to get hit in order to deliver a throw and he dosen't conceed that rushers are able to get him down so he does take a lot more abuse than most other QB's. Luck is a modern day Roman Garbriel, who could stay on his feet and still throw the ball down the field with multiple defenders grabbing him in an effort to get him down, and unfortunately he did that to our Colts too many times. Rams 34 Colts 10 (Roman Gabriel Rams beats the Unitas Colts in the last game of the 1967 season, both teams finish with identical 11-1-2 records and the Rams win the Costal division and the Colts are out of the playoffs with only 1 loss on the season). My heart is broken, dang you Roman Gabriel, dang you Jack Snow, dang you fearsome foursome.

Sad story, Jeffrey.

Colts - Texans... our first 2-pt. conversion attempt when TRich was wide right and NO ONE was on him! Rather than hiking the ball and throwing it to him for 2-pts Andrew ran the play as drawn up and we failed to get the conversion  <sigh>