Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Power Rankings

Maniq

well they do have a better record and no one thinks the chiefs are for real. they havent played anyone worth mentioning

Well, you do have to give the Chiefs credit for taking care of business against those teams not worth mentioning and if we had done the same against the Dolphins and Chargers, we'd be 8-0 and probably #1 on all lists. But at the end of the day, this isn't college football and rankings mean zilch in the NFL.

Well, you do have to give the Chiefs credit for taking care of business against those teams not worth mentioning and if we had done the same against the Dolphins and Chargers, we'd be 8-0 and probably #1 on all lists. But at the end of the day, this isn't college football and rankings mean zilch in the NFL.

Im not gonna give credit to a team that is undefeated by beating the likes of the browns and bills. If they beat the broncos then come talk to me.

I would say 2nd or 3rd would be accurate... After this weekend I think there will be a lot of shakeups... Chiefs vs Broncos is going to be a huge game.  Especially with Fox on the mend.

If the Colts can keep taking care of business and beat the teams they actually SHOULD beat then they are legit #1s.  If they come out flat this weekend and have to pull yet another 4th quarter comeback against a Rams team without Sam Bradford then they will continue to be suspect in a lot of analysts eyes.

Guest TeamLoloJones

As much as I enjoy seeing the Colts ranked high by ESPN/NFL/etc. it doesn't mean squat. We could be ranked #32. As long as the Colts are holding up the Lombardi Trophy in February!  :)

No kidding.  It's not like it's the BCS or anything.

Maybe they'll hand out the Lombardi early this year? I don't see why people even look at power rankings. They're dumb and mean absolutely nothing.

Because:

1) Its fun

2) Its a good springboard for debate

3) win-loss record rarely tells the full story of whos good and bad

4) Its fun

5) Did I mention its fun?

I would say 2nd or 3rd would be accurate... After this weekend I think there will be a lot of shakeups... Chiefs vs Broncos is going to be a huge game.  Especially with Fox on the mend.

If the Colts can keep taking care of business and beat the teams they actually SHOULD beat then they are legit #1s.  If they come out flat this weekend and have to pull yet another 4th quarter comeback against a Rams team without Sam Bradford then they will continue to be suspect in a lot of analysts eyes.

Chiefs don't play the Broncos this week, they are on a bye. The Broncos are at the Chargers. They play each other next week on Sunday Night Football.

Why do people who hate power rankings, go into threads about power rankings, to tell everyone who does care about power rankings, that they don't care about power rankings?

Phew.

I hate power rankings and I'm commenting.  Deal with it.  Here's my comment:

With this rating we aren't going to be in the National Championship game unless someone aboves us loses.  We'll probably get a decent BCS game though, so there's that.

I hate power rankings and I'm commenting. Deal with it. Here's my comment:

With this rating we aren't going to be in the National Championship game unless someone aboves us loses. We'll probably get a decent BCS game though, so there's that.

Did you get the impression I wasn't dealing with it?

Power Rankings are just stupid. I'd rate them third in my most irritating sporting features, behind retiring numbers (1) and Ring of Honours (2), but just above QB Passer Rating (4) and after game handshakes (5).

Only fools pay any attention to them.

you seem a little bitter

No doubt your power ranking will be hated by the masses :).

True, and it will just as relevant.

I don't know if you have Sirius but the NFL channel devotes about an hour every week to discussing power rankings.  They talk about who's moved up and down, etc., like it actually matters.  It always makes me laugh how serious they sound talking about it.

I don't know if you have Sirius but the NFL channel devotes about an hour every week to discussing power rankings. They talk about who's moved up and down, etc., like it actually matters. It always makes me laugh how serious they sound talking about it.

I personally don't care about Power Rankings so I would just turn the station lol. But for whatever reason NFL radio just doesn't come up on my radio much.

I like Mad Dog every once in awhile.

I don't know if you have Sirius but the NFL channel devotes about an hour every week to discussing power rankings. They talk about who's moved up and down, etc., like it actually matters. It always makes me laugh how serious they sound talking about it.

kirwin always says they are meaningless