Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mighty Quiet Here In Houston This Morning

King Colt

Well my coworkers here in Houston came in this morning and it was not a pretty sight. I am the only one with a GREAT BIG grin for some reason today. I tried to bring a little spark of hope by giving justice to a  possibly good QB in the Texan's future but it did not appear to help and you must admit Keenum moved the ball like Luck and Wayne do. But now that the Texan's ship has sailed away from the 2013 season let's all wish them a fond farewell as the sun sets on yet more of their hopes for an AFC South crown. Sharpen your shears as the Rams are headed our way.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those sails went down with Coach Kubiak.  We hope that he is OK.  

I really think between Bum Phillip's passing and Kubiak's collapse it really wore down the Texans.  Wade was very sad during the ceremonies and big screen tributes to his father as was JJ Watt...then the coach goes down.

Six losses in a row is awful to go through for this proud football team.  As much as I love our Colts, my heart goes out to the Texan Nation.

I was at the game. It got really quiet compared to the first half. Lots of strange calls. I feel bad, most of their fans are really great. They are still a great team. Case gave us fits.

Don't udnerstand why they didn't let Case air it out more in the second half. He was torching them and then they went conservative and relied on their kicker who lost the game for them with three misses.

Don't udnerstand why they didn't let Case air it out more in the second half. He was torching them and then they went conservative and relied on their kicker who lost the game for them with three misses.

Part of it is Kubiak doesnt let the OC call the plays on offense, and does it himself. When he went out unexpectedly, the playcaller changed.

Also its the Texans. This is what they have done all season, regardless of QB. Get a lead, then play not to lose in the second half.

Those sails went down with Coach Kubiak.  We hope that he is OK.  

I really think between Bum Phillip's passing and Kubiak's collapse it really wore down the Texans.  Wade was very sad during the ceremonies and big screen tributes to his father as was JJ Watt...then the coach goes down.

Six losses in a row is awful to go through for this proud football team.  As much as I love our Colts, my heart goes out to the Texan Nation.

Thank you.  For the most part you guys are class acts (unlike Kansas City).  Your team played a great game last night.

Having said that, there's a possibility that Case Keenum is the future in Houston...and if he is, well...our silver lining might be storm clouds for the Colts.  I mean, it's about time we caught a break in Houston.  I've always been jealous of you guys and Peyton.  Now you have Luck. :facepalm:

Anyway, we'll see you a little latter in your backyard.  Until the Texans have that 7th loss, I'll hold out hope like the 1970 Bengals ( * sigh * )

I would just feel bad kicking them while they're down. Losing their legendary franchise coach, watching their current coach collapse, picked by many to win the SB over the last few years and now....6 straight losses. 

It hurts to be a fan sometimes. We've been very Lucky in Indy. For all the flack that Jim Irsay takes, the guy runs a ball club like a boss. Wish the media would give him even a slight nod for his leadership, but they never do. 

Thank you.  For the most part you guys are class acts (unlike Kansas City).  Your team played a great game last night.

Having said that, there's a possibility that Case Keenum is the future in Houston...and if he is, well...our silver lining might be storm clouds for the Colts.  I mean, it's about time we caught a break in Houston.  I've always been jealous of you guys and Peyton.  Now you have Luck. :facepalm:

Anyway, we'll see you a little latter in your backyard.  Until the Texans have that 7th loss, I'll hold out hope like the 1970 Bengals ( * sigh * )

One on my good friends Jay Kirk and I alway liked Case Keenum.  With all of the creative offenses in today's NFL, he is mobile and proved he can throw it downfield for sure :)

You are very welcome by the way.  It was bad enough Wade was mourning his father's loss....double whammies for a lack of a better word right now...suck!

The Texans will bounce back next year IMO....:)

OP,

I think the Texans have found their QB.  Keenum can run and pass well, and he played a great game.  I think the ship has been righted in Houston…. Tough day for the kicker, and a holding call on the final punt return were the difference…. Not to mention thew distraction of your coach leaving the stadium in an ambulance…. STrange game for both teams… However, the 2nd half of the season will be much better than the first half.

wow! that was a hard game to watch for a Colts fan, glad I stuck it out until the end. Texans have some great positives to build on and I don't think their record is an accurate reflection of this team. The refs didn't make it any easier for either team! Glad to hear Coach Kubiak is doing OK, I hope he continues to recover and wish him the best! 

yeah but you could also argue that a couple of their scores were thanks to the refs and their bad calls....

1) Roughing the punter that was not called when clearly the ball did not get touched

2) Fumble that should  have been our ball on the kick off. 

and they did try to throw in the second half especially when the colts got within 5 and they could not move the ball, Colts d stepped up in the 4th qtr to provide luck with the chance of a come back win. 

IMO when game tape gets out on Keenum he will be as average as Schaub. I think Schaub will be back as the starter in 2 or 3 games when the Texans keep their losing streak alive. The kid looks like a gunslinger and the picks will start coming. I wasn't impressed with him at all. But that's just me, seeing as how everyone else is praising his game play so far.

Hope Kubiack gets well soon and gets back on the sideline healthy.

yeah but you could also argue that a couple of their scores were thanks to the refs and their bad calls....

1) Roughing the punter that was not called when clearly the ball did not get touched

2) Fumble that should  have been our ball on the kick off. 

and they did try to throw in the second half especially when the colts got within 5 and they could not move the ball, Colts d stepped up in the 4th qtr to provide luck with the chance of a come back win. 

Maybe we watched two different games. Calls aside, the Texans were dominating that game right through to the third quarter but decided to keep running when they needed to put up another TD to lock the game up. Had their FG kicker just hit 66 percent of his kicks then the game would have been put away.

Maybe we watched two different games. Calls aside, the Texans were dominating that game right through to the third quarter but decided to keep running when they needed to put up another TD to lock the game up. Had their FG kicker just hit 66 percent of his kicks then the game would have been put away.

The Texans were not dominating anything... and you tend to use that word waaaaaay too much. They couldn't put points on the board of any type at times. I'm not sold on you watching any games at all.

There is no way you missed the roughing the kicker call... The announcers even said the refs blew that call

Bullock is only hitting 62% for the year. It's not he was elite before Sunday night.

Case Keenum played a good game gotta give it to him. But he is just the new flavor of the month teams will figure him out and then the gun slinging mentality will get him in trouble.

Not sure about that, I liked the kid at UH, Was really surprised he was never drafted...

I felt terrible watching that game last night. It got real quiet because the loss of Kubiak was a huge hit to the team and crowd. Totally took the air out of the stadium and team. They look deflated and the play calling was attrocious for them.....all the crap we give Pep....we need to realize what poor play calling looks like. They played a great game but came up short. I don't know if Case is the future...but he played fearless.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This is not Houston related but it's still within out division.

Thought this was great, from the old AFC South ESPN writer.

He was basically taking heat for being critical of the Titans and tweeted this...

@JLloydChurchill @TheFake_Jake @VeritasvlMortem If I was a Titans fan I'd be jealous of the Colts too.

Fun day on Twitter, with a segment of Titans fans crying to me because I love Andrew Luck. Probably should come to grips with it.

You just can't bear it when the Colts win a game. It's always the other team that loses it.....

When you were squeaking like a mouse caught in a trap about Brady's final drive vs the Saints, I didn't hear you say the Saints offense and conservative play calling lost it for the Saints. Or maybe you did.....

If Kubiak was still calling the plays I think things would have turned out differently. Seeing us rushing the injured runningback instead of letting our gunslinging QB air it out and score for us was frustrating. I really hope Kubiak is back sooner rather than later.

I hate to tell you but the Texans constantly went 2runs, 1pass the ENTIRE. Game. In the ssecond half we just contained the run and shut off the pass minus that lob Hopkins ball. Come tl think of it most of their throws were lob it and see what happens.

If Kubiak was still calling the plays I think things would have turned out differently. Seeing us rushing the injured runningback instead of letting our gunslinging QB air it out and score for us was frustrating. I really hope Kubiak is back sooner rather than later.

Gunslinger? Hmm. We'll see. 

It was momentum, desperation and a great WR carrying your squad. Case might be good, but I wouldn't crown him yet. 

It was momentum, desperation and a great WR carrying your squad. Case might be good, but I wouldn't crown him yet. 

Andre wasn't the only guy he was throwing to, and a lot of those throws were over the top and throwing the guy open. That desperation factor can't be argued considering how we performed in the fourth. Our running game benefited from our passing game instead of the other way around for the first time in a long time too. Should be interesting to see how we fare against the Raiders.

Andre wasn't the only guy he was throwing to, and a lot of those throws were over the top and throwing the guy open. That desperation factor can't be argued considering how we performed in the fourth. Our running game benefited from our passing game instead of the other way around for the first time in a long time too. Should be interesting to see how we fare against the Raiders.

I would think you guys could squeak one out to the raiders

Case Keenum played a good game gotta give it to him. But he is just the new flavor of the month teams will figure him out and then the gun slinging mentality will get him in trouble.

You could be right but we're not talking about some read option gimmick or some "new" offensive system at work, it was a pure pocket passer with mobility making plays and burning people. He is a gamer and gives the impression of a quick learner. Being unpredictable is something that's hard to prepare for and he's being just that right now.

Your guys front 4 is going to shut down Pyror. Welcome to 3-6.

I would think you guys could squeak one out to the raiders

That's what we thought about the Colts too but we see how that turned out. I'm never counting my team out but I'm also not going to get excited about any wins until one is actually in the column and the clock reads 0:00

I'm not sure but I'd bet that Wayne caught the majority of passes thrown by Luck over the last year and a half. Great receivers get more catches because they are great, makes sense. Even so there were 3 guys that had more than 3 catches other than AJ.

That would be hard. The Raiders lost both Pryor and run DMC to injury this week. Dont think he will be beating anybody from the bench.

Sucks. Didn't know about that. At least that makes defending the run easier. I wonder if Flynn will get the starting nod.