Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mighty Quiet Here In Houston This Morning

King Colt

While I agree that it is way too early to anoint him as the second coming, to say you weren't impressed with him at all?  Really?

I find him to be pretty darn impressive.  Moves well, extends plays, poised, confident, strong enough arm, accurate enough arm, looks like he reads defenses pretty well.

How is 621 yards and 4 td's against two excellent secondaries not impressive at all?

Dude, there are many of us that still say that Luck is just average, not that spectacular, and wildly overhyped. They want so bad to believe it they just say it. It's that hope against hope that a rival team is maybe gonna be really good because of one person, so they downplay that person's accomplishments no matter how good they did.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, there are many of us that still say that Luck is just average, not that spectacular, and wildly overhyped. They want so bad to believe it they just say it. It's that hope against hope that a rival team is maybe gonna be really good because of one person, so they downplay that person's accomplishments no matter how good they did.

No it is actually watching the game and the realization that there was no game tape out on him.  We can revisit this at a later date. If D's send 2 corner blitzers on Case its game over for him. That rollout crap long lobs downfield will turn into picks. Wish we had last nights game tape on him before the game. Your team would have a harder time trying to beat us. I hope he plays in the LOS game. Our DC shut your whole stadium up after the half time adjustments. Game over!!! Comeback soon.

We all Love Watt, maybe he will come here next.

While I agree that it is way too early to anoint him as the second coming, to say you weren't impressed with him at all?  Really?

I find him to be pretty darn impressive.  Moves well, extends plays, poised, confident, strong enough arm, accurate enough arm, looks like he reads defenses pretty well.

How is 621 yards and 4 td's against two excellent secondaries not impressive at all?

Yes he is so impressive that we won in Reliant Stadium for the 1st time in 4 years with Case under center. Schaub is the better QB at this time. Again not impressed.

No it is actually watching the game and the realization that there was no game tape out on him.  We can revisit this at a later date. If D's send 2 corner blitzers on Case its game over for him. That rollout crap long lobs downfield will turn into picks. Wish we had last nights game tape on him before the game. Your team would have a harder time trying to beat us. I hope he plays in the LOS game. Our DC shut your whole stadium up after the half time adjustments. Game over!!! Comeback soon.

We all Love Watt, maybe he will come here next.

Shhh shh shhh.

And you suggesting that your defensive coordinator, whoever he is, shut our whole stadium up, and not our friggin' head coach collapsing on the field at halftime, is not only clueless but a little insulting. Not that I expected anything different

I would caution everyone on jumping on a guy after one lap in a 500 lap race. I hope the best for this young guy because I like his attitude but this town was gung ho for the second string QB until he proved out to be justified as a back up only. I never liked Kubiak as a coach or any coach that calls all the plays and does not permit audibles. Rigidness has it's place but not in all aspects of football. Also Kubiak's

playbook is a mile long and I never could figure out why. Last, the Texans are what they thought they were, a few standout players and no emergency back up in case of a storm. When David Carr was here he broke all records for being sacked for more than one season but the Houston brain trust decided never to remedy. I liked Schaub at Atlanta but never thought they could get over that very high wall to the SB.

Being "good" may get you to the playoffs but it will stop there and that is probably what us Colt fan will feel this year.

Shhh shh shhh.

And you suggesting that your defensive coordinator, whoever he is, shut our whole stadium up, and not our friggin' head coach collapsing on the field at halftime, is not only clueless but a little insulting. Not that I expected anything different

I meant no disrespect to  your head coach.  Or the people of Houston. Figures you would try to spin that.

I read the Texan message board, and see all the post you put us down in. Like your prediction of beating us 77 to 7. Remember we can read your board too. So you can play offended all you want. You know exactly what I was talking about.

Can't believe he did not get drafted. What a quick release to boot. Fearless back there. Did not see one bad decision from him even when they got pressure on him. For sure he has all the tools to be a very good QB.

It annoyed me when Keenum did not get drafted. I followed him in college and thought he was an NFL QB, and that is not just because he holds every NCAA record going, it is because he has serious passing talent. Unfortunately the nature of the NFL scouting process meant he did not have the measurables required.

It annoyed me when Keenum did not get drafted. I followed him in college and thought he was an NFL QB, and that is not just because he holds every NCAA record going, it is because he has serious passing talent. Unfortunately the nature of the NFL scouting process meant he did not have the measurables required.

It did not annoy me, but other than some injury past, it was obvious to me that the man could run and NFL offense.....good point Anton!

I'd encourage you to do a little more research on Lucks release time. It's certainly above average, especially on shorter passes. His ball placement is also highly above average.

I was asked my opinion. I was going on the eyesight test. His release does not seem that fast to me. It is not a weakness but I would not call it great either. Do you have the actual time of his release?

Maybe we watched two different games. Calls aside, the Texans were dominating that game right through to the third quarter but decided to keep running when they needed to put up another TD to lock the game up. Had their FG kicker just hit 66 percent of his kicks then the game would have been put away.

we all see different things I agree on roughing the Punter I disagreed on the overturn call that andre Johnson had ball in bounds and then overturned for lack of possesion to ground, Anouncers say same, Thats too was a game changer as extended a drive deep, gave a first down

I saw it as catch, role out of bounds and ball never touching bground then as out of bounds Butler first knocking it out

amazing how we all waatch same and come away with different view

Wade is a DC not a good HC at all  , making  offensive calls is Kubiacks realm, but Wade the  DC failed to stop Colts when needed too

Sorry I agree with amfootball this time probably a first. haha but having a team down 18 points is dominating. I still say if their coach had not gone down they would have put that game away.  The Colts need to play a full 60 minutes to have a good game.

I am forced to agree, kubiack made the offensive play calls,  his team was memorized also I read , no one wanting to even go out of halftime tunnel  onto field to see who collapsed, had a profound experience on them in a in game situation, read that this am , dont still haave article link

Be Happy Texans once get things right may beat Denver

I am forced to agree, kubiack made the offensive play calls,  his team was memorized also I read , no one wanting to even go out of halftime tunnel  onto field to see who collapsed, had a profound experience on them in a in game situation, read that this am , dont still haave article link

Be Happy Texans once get things right may beat Denver

I can't quite understand what this reply has to do with Denver and if you feel that way go ahead and put a pot load of money on that one. haha    For some reason you always have to refer to Denver in a lot of your post and I'm trying to figure out why.  :dunno:   Do you have something against Denver  :???:    Just wondering. 

I can't quite understand what this reply has to do with Denver and if you feel that way go ahead and put a pot load of money on that one. haha    For some reason you always have to refer to Denver in a lot of your post and I'm trying to figure out why.  :dunno:   Do you have something against Denver  :???:    Just wondering. 

Have  nothing against Denver, was saying Texans once get act together and regroup may beat Denver with soft CB's  Texan , Qb went from 130 QB rating  or so   in first half to large drop i read in 2nd in that same article i noted in original response, also should have healthier RBs by next to last game of season when Denver & Texans play in Teaxas

I am saying if Texans beat Denver , it may at the time, pending other games ,help Colts seeding as Colts have tiebreaker  over Denver if end with same records , thats all i meant

I love Peyton , always will, if Colts dont win Supewrbowl then want him to

Hope that clarifies

sorry if i rush to much and not explain properly

& of course no matter win or lose on Colt game, i didnt want coach K to have a medical emergency, Health trumps all

PS, I never bet on anything, as a Teenager though  i put 2 $ on Secretariat and won 10 cents

Have  nothing against Denver, was saying Texans once get act together and regroup may beat Denver with soft CB's  Texan , Qb went from 130 QB rating  or so   in first half to large drop i read in 2nd in that same article i noted in original responce

I am saying if Texans beat Denver , it may at the time, pending other games ,help Colts seeding as Colts have tiebreaker  over Denver if end with same records all, thats all i meant

I love Peyton , always will, if Colts dont win Supewrbowl then want him to

Hope that clarifies

sorry if i rush to much and not explain properly

& of course no matter win or lose on Colt game, i didnt want coach K to have a medical emergency, Health trumps all

PS, I never bet on anything, as a Teenager though  i put 2 $ on Secretariat and won 10 cents

Well that same thing could also apply to the next game the Texans have with the Colts so be careful what you wish for. :)

Well that same thing could also apply to the next game the Texans have with the Colts so be careful what you wish for. :)

u r right, hopefully we will be better prepared as more game film and we can work out an better offensive game plan , that was first without reggie so I am hoping the staff will determine whats best with each game going forward

we all see different things I agree on roughing the Punter I disagreed on the overturn call that andre Johnson had ball in bounds and then overturned for lack of possesion to ground, Anouncers say same, Thats too was a game changer as extended a drive deep, gave a first down

I saw it as catch, role out of bounds and ball never touching bground then as out of bounds Butler first knocking it out

amazing how we all waatch same and come away with different view

Wade is a DC not a good HC at all  , making  offensive calls is Kubiacks realm, but Wade the  DC failed to stop Colts when needed too

Disagree Barry. AJ didn't have control until he was lying out of bounds....

Disagree Barry. AJ didn't have control until he was lying out of bounds....

maybe u have better HD TV that showed it clearer , I have slo motion control  on mine and that's what it looked like to me when i played it back the next day

doesnt mean i wasnt still wrong however

Doesn't really matter anyway, it was called incomplete, so it was! Luckily for us!

we are merely observers, we have no control over the outcome, right or wrong on many a play during football season the refs say is final & we can rejoice if goes our way or curse them if doesnt