Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what has been your favorite grigs move

CR91

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting Luck wasn't really his move. Any GM would of done that. So besides that, here are my top 5. 

1) Moving up to draft TY 

2) Re-signing Reggie

3) Vontae Davis trade

4) Jerrell Freeman pickup 

5) Trent trade and Landry signing- not because of their production so far but because it established the mentality of a smash mouth football team. I love that

Drafting Luck wasn't really his move. Any GM would of done that. So besides that, here are my top 5. 

1) Moving up to draft TY 

2) Re-signing Reggie

3) Vontae Davis trade

5) Trent trade and Landry signing- not because of their production so far but because it established the mentality of a smash mouth football team. I love that

It was Irsay who got Reggie to stay. He was headed to The Bears until Jimbo stepped in.

Grigson has a few gems: signing Freeman, moving up for Hilton, trading for Davis, etc.

But for me, what stands out is his composite team building, how he does anything and everything he can to improve the roster. I don't agree with every action or inaction, but he's struck the right balance so far. And he believes in his approach and is willing to explain and defend it, even after his first draft.

if you listen to Reggie he says it was Pagano who called him and said I need you and talked him into it.

Could be....that's just what his buddy Amp Harris said on 1070. He said Reggie's bags were packed until Irsay asked him for one last chance to get a deal done. Maybe Paganp was the first one to reach out, because I remember Reggie sounding frustrated that he had little contact with the team. Doesn't matter either way I guess....just happy it got done.

I literally like every move Grigson has made.

Like AllYouNeedIsLuck said, drafting Luck was a no brainer so I don't really count that as his move. 

Hiring Chuck, moving up for T.Y, resigning Reggie, finding Freeman, trading for Vontae are all great moves.

I like all of the F.A moves too. I like them in varying degrees but I don't think I'd prefer it if any of those guys weren't on the team.

Corey Redding. Been a vocal leader, and I really credit him with the way this defense has transformed

Pagano was the one that got Redding to come here:

Cory redding on Pagano and why he signed here:

“He was like, ‘Cory, I need you here to help be with these young guys, to be our voice on the field and in the classroom, to help these guys get the system quicker, and to go out there and keep the style of football that you know how to play,” Redding said. “That’s what I’m doing.”

Redding is a big fan of Pagano’s coaching style as well as his defensive scheme.

“He’s going to give you the tools and rely on your God-given ability to go out there and make things happen,” Redding said of the Colts head coach. “He’s fun. He keeps the atmosphere loose. He’s one of those coaches you love playing for, a player’s coach.”

But yea Grigson still made the deal but it was more Pagano on this one. Redding would have went anywhere Pagano went

Guest TeamLoloJones

im surprised no one mentioned Darius butler. Picked him up when no team though he was good enough to play in the NFL to now being one of the best if not the best nickel corner

I went with Vontae because of the risk involved in giving up a second round pick...if Freeman or Butler didn't work out nobody would have noticed.

1) Moving up to draft TY 

2) Re-signing Reggie

3) Vontae Davis trade

same moves i like. keeping leadership around in wayne, and getting younger at the same time. not to mention giving up a big play defensive player in landry.