Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dominique Jones Waived, Hughes Released from PS

HtownColt

So I posted this in another thread about Grigson swinging a trade.

Craig Kelley @CraigKColts 2h

More roster moves as Colts release TE-Dominique Jones from active roster and RB-Robert Hughes from practice squad.

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen 57s

Tight end Dominique Jones released by Colts, leaving open spot on active roster. WR obviously is an option to fill it

George Bremer @gmbremer 2h

I wonder if the #Colts have interest in recently released Lions TE Tony Sheffler. Could be a third-down option.

George Bremer @gmbremer 2h

Or Grigson could be up to something totally different, which is far more likely. Just connecting the positional dots. #Colts

Guest TeamLoloJones

The Indianapolis Colts today waived tight end Dominique Jones from the active roster and released fullback Robert Hughes from the practice squad.

Not entirely surprised about Jones...Jack Doyle looked pretty good Sunday night....I wonder if Tony Scheffler is on Ryan's radar. He was just released from Detroit.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Believe it or not...Bill Polian of all people, just said on NFL Insiders that the Colts should consider pursuing a trade for Josh Gordon.

Believe it or not...Bill Polian of all people, just said on NFL Insiders that the Colts should consider pursuing a trade for Josh Gordon.

Polian when analyzing GM moves for the media tends to remain neutral. Hes actually pretty good at it.

I imagine Grigson is working on something, but theres a bidding war for Gordon atm, I dont know if Indy has the chips to cash in.

Still, hes making room for someone.

Jack has really been impressive

He looked ok catching his pass but I was not impressed with the blocking. Richardson and Brown both had less than 3 yards a carry. Evidently the coaches feel He has progressed to a point that he is better than Jones all around.