Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ten things

Warhorse

#10 - We love you Peyton. I have never been so happy to win, yet so sad for a player of the team we beat in my life.

#9 - The media's handling of this game in the week leading up to the match was pathetic and smelly. Epic fail....media.

#8 - Cris Collingsworth is a transparent, spiteful, slick commentator with an agenda.

#7 - Having 10 DB's on the active roster was freaking brilliant.

#6 - Even after this win, we will still fly under the radar to a point. I love how humble Luck is and how he somehow can still hide from the over the top accolades.

#5 - Landry is fast........really fast.

#4 - Robert Mathis is a game changer. He can get pressure on any offense in the league.

#3 - Andrew Luck is one of the strongest QB's I have ever seen. He flicks defenders off and slides in the pocket so smooth.

#2 - Why can't fans understand that the great gains we got later in the game, were because of the established run game that so many fans whine about while we are establishing it?

#1 - To those who complained......and whined.....and moaned....and repeatedly posted that:

Donald Brown

Mike McGlynn

Cassius Vaughn

all needed to be cut traded or moved on from.....we will never hear enough crow eating to make up for the stream of junk we all had to endure with the pounding home of these points. Save it. Just know....the coaches were right. I don't say this to call posters out...just to say that in the future, when you feel the need to jump all over a player that the coaches are supporting.....think before you post. Thank you.

#10 - We love you Peyton. I have never been so happy to win, yet so sad for a player of the team we beat in my life.

#9 - The media's handling of this game in the week leading up to the match was pathetic and smelly. Epic fail....media.

#8 - Cris Collingsworth is a transparent, spiteful, slick commentator with an agenda.

#6 - Even after this win, we will still fly under the radar to a point. I love how humble Luck is and how he somehow can still hide from the over the top accolades.

#4 - Robert Mathis is a game changer. He can get pressure on any offense in the league.

#3 - Andrew Luck is one of the strongest QB's I have ever seen. He flicks defenders off and slides in the pocket so smooth.

#2 - Why can't fans understand that the great gains we got later in the game, were because of the established run game that so many fans whine about while we are establishing it?

#1 - To those who complained......and whined.....and moaned....and repeatedly posted that:

Donald Brown

Mike McGlynn

Cassius Vaughn

all needed to be cut traded or moved on from.....we will never hear enough crow eating to make up for the stream of junk we all had to endure with the pounding home of these points. Save it. Just know....the coaches were right. I don't say this to call posters out...just to say that in the future, when you feel the need to jump all over a player that the coaches are supporting.....think before you post. Thank you.

add Adam and Fleener to that list

#13- y'all don't have to admit, but walden was effective today. I seen a couple I plays where his edge setting allowed angerer to crash down and get a tackle. One specific play, he didn't even attack the hole, he stood his man straight up in the air and angerer came down and made the play. Hats off!

Donald Brown

Mike McGlynn

Cassius Vaughn

add Adam and Fleener to that list

True

& thank you denver , we got Vaughn from u I believe 2 years back

What did Vaughn do of value? He got a PI the first play he was on the field and Decker would have had a TD on him had he maintained possession to the ground.

well at least he got 2 tackles and assisted on another and on his 3 kickoff returns didnt fumble, , Holiday fumbled twice , lost one , regained control of other

hey u want 10 active DBs , someone needs to add depth, not saying hes played like Vonte Davis

anyway thats it for me , have a great day and enjoy important win and a tiebreaker if end with same record as Denver & needed to  secure playoff home game Vs Denver

Butler shut Welker down until they started picking him on that last drive, and came back from a injury as well. 

Why did Manning think he could throw on Vontae Davis? Davis was freaking ballin' last night!!! 

Walden played pretty good as well! 

Oh, and don't forget about Studebaker! 

#13- y'all don't have to admit, but walden was effective today. I seen a couple I plays where his edge setting allowed angerer to crash down and get a tackle. One specific play, he didn't even attack the hole, he stood his man straight up in the air and angerer came down and made the play. Hats off!

I think he also hit peytons arm or the ball enough that someone (angerer I think) was able to get an easy pick.

What did Vaughn do of value? He got a PI the first play he was on the field and Decker would have had a TD on him had he maintained possession to the ground.

I agree, the only time I remember Vaughn getting his name called is when he was burned or committed pass interference. 

I should think there are better DB's out there that we could get.

I want to comment in the fans at the game last night. I've been a STH for over a decade, and only in the playoffs have I seen people up and screaming on anything other than defensive 3rd downs. Even then, only at critical moments.

Last night, 90+% of the stadium was on their feet, and the house was absolutely ROCKING whenever the Broncos O was on the field. It was AWESOME.

I only wish we'd see that every game... but then again, I can barely talk today.

To your ten excellent thoughts I will add that Vontae Davis played the best game I ever remember seeing from a Colts' CB.  Why Peyton kept trying to force the ball to the guy he was covering I'll never understand.  Also Butler may be the best slot CB in the league.  Completely shut down Welker for the first 3 quarters until he got a little banged up.  

Another random note.  What does it say about how explosive Denver's offense is that the Colts D played out of their minds great and Denver still managed 33 points?  Peyton is still crazy good.

Thanks all....I did miss some points that many of you added....all true. Davis is a better player than Vaughn, obviously. I was trying to say, probably a little too forcefully (lot of emotion last night0, that those mentioned players helped in our win. Players get burned...did we not make Richard Sherman look beatable on some plays?

All in all, Fleener improved, Davis was as shut down as we have had in a long time, we have an oline that along with the threat of Lucks ability can open holes, two RB's of very different and legitimate styles, and a WR in DHB that is a whole different level of speed.

Looking nice my friends,.

Not sure what number it would be, but can we get some love for Manusky and the coaching staff?  Like many others, I wasn't a big fan of the Manusky hire.  But he has proven me wrong.  The secondary is balling right now and you can tell a lot of it is because of the coaching staff.  Pagano is a DB mastermind and Manusky has the defense playing really well, despite receiving no credit.  Let's give Manusky some well deserved credit!

I'm calling nonsense on the PI call.  He had the inside position, was making a play on the ball, and if anything, IMO, it should've been offensive PI.  While I'm not a fanboy of Vaughn he did get rocked on that penalty.

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm calling * on the PI call.  He had the inside position, was making a play on the ball, and if anything, IMO, it should've been offensive PI.  While I'm not a fanboy of Vaughn he did get rocked on that penalty.

Agreed...should have been on the offense.

Thanks all....I did miss some points that many of you added....all true. Davis is a better player than Vaughn, obviously. I was trying to say, probably a little too forcefully (lot of emotion last night0, that those mentioned players helped in our win. Players get burned...did we not make Richard Sherman look beatable on some plays?

All in all, Fleener improved, Davis was as shut down as we have had in a long time, we have an oline that along with the threat of Lucks ability can open holes, two RB's of very different and legitimate styles, and a WR in DHB that is a whole different level of speed.

Looking nice my friends,.

Not sure why you wrote #8,  about Collinsworth.   I think we impressed him greatly.   I heard him singing our praises most of the night.    Not sure what agenda you think he has,  but I haven't noticed it.....

Otherwise,   that's a nice list.....

Not sure why you wrote #8,  about Collinsworth.   I think we impressed him greatly.   I heard him singing our praises most of the night.    Not sure what agenda you think he has,  but I haven't noticed it.....

Totally agree. Just watched the first half again, and was listening this time. The only possible negatives were the knocks on DBH (drops last week and this), and going back on Michaels re the remarkable turnaround from a 2-14 team, on how it all starts with the QB - inferring we caught a break with Luck. Both which were fair comments.....

Donald Brown

Mike McGlynn

Cassius Vaughn

I still think McGlynn is not a good guard, but I like him at center! He is versatile. I Like both Brown & Vaughn an except them for what they are. Solid players.. Honestly Brown should play more. He has been very good, playing with a little chip on his shoulder, for sure!!

Totally agree. Just watched the first half again, and was listening this time. The only possible negatives were the knocks on DBH (drops last week and this), and going back on Michaels re the remarkable turnaround from a 2-14 team, on how it all starts with the QB - inferring we caught a break with Luck. Both which were fair comments.....

Warhorse - I'm really scratching my head about this one.

How about this for perspective, my wife has no idea who Collinsworth is, and was half-listening to the game while using a pc out of eye-shot of the tv. In the third quarter she started loudly moaning about "that guy who keeps.......................". I don't remember her exact rude phrasing, but it essentially reflected her firm belief that he was doing nothing but drooling all over himself about Andrew.  I snapped at her to say "and half an hour ago he was .................. (drooling all over himself or whatever) about Peyton. Who would you like him to talk about, the Seahawks quarterback? He's an announcer doing his job, and he's accenting who's playing well in the game."

In my opinion the Sunday night broadcast has been FAR and away the best production in every respect since they moved over from Monday Night, at which point Monday night was far and away the best production. I like Collinsworth. It sounds like you don't like Collinsworth. That's fine, but that's an "agenda" on your part, not his, and is hardly worthy of making it onto an otherwise thoughtful and interesting list.

Let me put it this way - as soon as I hear Deon Sander's name I start frothing at the mouth. By this point in my life what's coming out of his mouth is largely besides the point.