Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The media is one sided.

Stephen

Denver is the 18th largest media market.  Indianapolis is 25th.

http://www.stationindex.com/tv/tv-markets

NFL is equal opportunity, the most entertaining story will get the lead.

they are pro big city only.  Espn is the worst at this.  

And as others have said, Von Miller is a well known popular game changing pass rusher making his first start this season.  Laron Landry is a relatively little known yet talented run stuffing safety.

You guys are a small market team like us. This is the treatment you usually get from ESPN in cities like ours. You guys had it good with media coverage as you had one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time in your city. Denver is getting a lot of that love now. The good thing for you guys is you may have another great quarterback to keep your team in the national spotlight. 

Using this as your evidence of the one-sidedness of the media is kind of silly but par for your course. Miller is among, if not the best pass rusher in the entire league while Landy does not come close to that standard at his position. Plus his circumstances are vastly different - Miller should be talked about more.

Using this as your evidence of the one-sidedness of the media is kind of silly but par for your course. Miller is among, if not the best pass rusher in the entire league while Landy does not come close to that standard at his position. Plus his circumstances are vastly different - Miller should be talked about more.

Yeah, pretty obvious.  Miller can change a game.  Landry isn't even our best safety.

What about Mathis? Doesn't he lead the league in sacks ?

Well, big D.J. Fluker and King Dunlap the San Diego tackles completely shut him down last week...I think if he had a bigger game they would be talking about him him...He got simply dogwalked last week...

.....all that being said, yes, let's glorify the guy who was suspended for how many things?  Missed court dates, drug-policy manipulation, and a few other things isn't it?  I'm not sure what all of his suspension was for, but typical of the media to overlook that and place him back in the spotlight.  I agree Von Miller is a great player, we'll see if he is a good character down the road. For right now, he is an easily sold product, so of course the media is going jump all over it, and of course the fans will just overlook it.   ......stupid media!   :facepalm:  :omg:

.....all that being said, yes, let's glorify the guy who was suspended for how many things?  Missed court dates, drug-policy manipulation, and a few other things isn't it?  I'm not sure what all of his suspension was for, but typical of the media to overlook that and place him back in the spotlight.  I agree Von Miller is a great player, we'll see if he is a good character down the road. For right now, he is an easily sold product, so of course the media is going jump all over it, and of course the fans will just overlook it.   ......stupid media!   :facepalm:  :omg:

Utter nonsense. His suspension was talked about at length when it happened as were the steps he took to circumvent the test results. His return is the story now as it should be. It will be mentioned why he was suspended but I don't see how that glorifies him. Besides that, this is a back story to Irsay & Manning thing.

Not only is he an elite pass rusher, he is also returning from a suspension that had a lot of coverage around it anyway.

I was hoping for once the league would crack down on Von Miller, and give him a one year suspension after trying to buy off the man testing him for drugs. Star struck, or not. He tried to circumvent the whole process. May he fail miserably.

Look all I heard all week last week was about how great Andrew Luck is and how great the Colts were (EVERY STATION ESPN/NFL). This week it is all about Peyton...and well we are honoring him and Irsay decided to put his 2 cents out there for comments on as well. Honestly I don't get the media bias or anything....I mean they were all on our band waggon after SF...and then especially SEA...people must have forgotten those weeks. The media just follows the hot teams...after that of course they are going to cover big market teams more...thats more viewers for them. Fact is we live in a small state and have small market franchise. We arent going to get much love and attention unless we earn it.

All this talk about Von Miller being a top 3 pass rusher, wasn't Dumervil on the opposite side of him.  Similar to Mathis and Freeney?  He hasn't played without Dumervil, so his impact could be negated quite a bit by not having to gameplan against both of them.  Not to mention him playing his first game, he could very well have some rust.  

All this talk about Von Miller being a top 3 pass rusher, wasn't Dumervil on the opposite side of him.  Similar to Mathis and Freeney?  He hasn't played without Dumervil, so his impact could be negated quite a bit by not having to gameplan against both of them.  Not to mention him playing his first game, he could very well have some rust.  

Von Miller is one of the best all around football players I have ever seen...I'm not sure PEDS really will make much of a difference...

Was he suspended for PED? Reminds me if Merriman. Hopefully same outcome also. At least for this game! Once he got if the juice/back from suspension he sucked

If you consider marijuana performance enhancing. He may have dabbled with PEDs during the suspension though, seeing as he is at 270 10% BF, up from last year's 240 12% BF.

All this talk about Von Miller being a top 3 pass rusher, wasn't Dumervil on the opposite side of him. Similar to Mathis and Freeney? He hasn't played without Dumervil, so his impact could be negated quite a bit by not having to gameplan against both of them. Not to mention him playing his first game, he could very well have some rust.

Maybe, but now he has Phillips, and the vastly improved trio of Ayers/Wolfe/Jackson, three of which are outperfmimg Dumervil this year, and through this many games last year in terms of pressures/sacks.

He's not just a top 3 pass rusher, he's a top 3 defensive player in general.

No. He was suspended for smoking weed. IIRC.

Damn, was hoping he was juicing. Lol.

And to the post above yours PED's, especially if it's the real deal is a huge boost. You will be bigger, faster, stronger than if you weren't on them. Most important is your body won't break down as much and you will recover much faster. If you already are a really good player that can take you over the edge to elite.

If it was just weed, he's just a pot head then. Lol. I don't burn personally, but have plenty of times. Buddies that do burn are flat out burn outs. Done snake themselves back to the 1st grade.

darn, was hoping he was juicing. Lol.

And to the post above yours PED's, especially if it's the real deal is a huge boost. You will be bigger, faster, stronger than if you weren't on them. Most important is your body won't break down as much and you will recover much faster. If you already are a really good player that can take you over the edge to elite.

If it was just weed, he's just a pot head then. Lol. I don't burn personally, but have plenty of times. Buddies that do burn are flat out burn outs. Done snake themselves back to the 1st grade.

Someone fact-check me here, but I don't think he failed a drug test. He failed to show up for a drug test. Thus, the substance is unknown.....it's unknown if he even took a substance. If I were forced to guess, I'd say ganja. 

Oh....and stop spreading stereotypes about smokers. It's not 1959 anymore. smoking.gif

Speaking of the media, I gotta get something off my chest. There's this ridiculous notion being passed around through national media, a notion I've seen echoed on the Broncos board and across all national media outlets.

"The house that Manning built"...."Peyton Manning built this city". 

Ridiculous. Not only is this 100% false, frankly, I find it insulting. When we signed Manning in 1998, we were enjoying tremendous success with our Pacers, whom brought a great deal of national attention to our city. Gotta mention the annual Indy 500. Final Four NCAA basketball......

Early in the 1980's, before the Colts arrived, Lugar (and then Hudnut) formed the Indiana Sports Corp, which was intended to draw national sporting events to Indy, as well as provide infrastructure for such. Hudnut and Lugar did more for this city than did Peyton....PERIOD. 

Not to slight Peyton, no. He did a lot for this city through philanthropic endeavors (PM Children's hospital and much more). The success he brought to our Colts did open up new avenues for drawing national sporting events into town. But we don't know what would've happened had we not drafted him. Maybe we have as much or more success without him? Can anybody truly say differently? 

There's this notion that before Manning, we all sitting around on Friday nights, whittlin' sticks with a straw in our mouths "What you'n yer youngens doin t'night, Clem? Well....we's thinkin' of scootin' down to the 'ol pond an skippin' rocks. Or, I heard Old Man Whipple got him some new cows. Could be a bit of fun to go a tippin 'em."

I call bullocks on this insulting rhetoric being passed around about my city. 

Yep. The media is passing around a false narrative. I'm shocked that Indianapolis citizens aren't outraged by it. 

Media has filtered the airways with so much false glitz and glammer talk and so on and so forth many people are like a herd of cattle being rounded up

Someone fact-check me here, but I don't think he failed a drug test. He failed to show up for a drug test. Thus, the substance is unknown.....it's unknown if he even took a substance. If I were forced to guess, I'd say ganja.

Oh....and stop spreading stereotypes about smokers. It's not 1959 anymore. smoking.gif

I believe the issue was that he had provided a diluted urine sample. I don't think there was any news of what may have been in it.

They are all talking about how von miller could be an x factor for broncos, but no mention of how laron landry could be a factor.

*Before typing this I am doing everything in my power to restrain myself from putting this on blast....*

I am going to keep this short and simple.

Top 5 defensive player in the league coming back vs not top 5 defensive player in the league coming back

Out of the two I just mentioned who do you think would have a better shot at being an "x factor"?

If you do not take more than 5 seconds to even think about it then do not bother responding.