Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There's only one way out

chrisfarley

There is only one way out for Jim Irsay. He needs to schedule an interview with Jeremy Schaap as soon as possible. He is getting blasted and ridiculed by just about everyone in the country. An act of contrition, an apology, and put it to bed once and for all. We're all waiting Jim. And Tweeting is not an option.

There is only one way out for Jim Irsay. He needs to schedule an interview with Jeremy Schaap as soon as possible. He is getting blasted and ridiculed by just about everyone in the country. An act of contrition, an apology, and put it to bed once and for all. We're all waiting Jim. And Tweeting is not an option.

There's NOTHING to apologize for. Give it a rest. Geez.

Maybe he should set up a interview saying he's going to apologize, then flip the script and blast the media for making assumptions just so they could have story.

The only reason he wouldn't set up an interview would be if he is surrounded by people who are licking the bottom of his shoes clean and convincing him that everyone else is wrong about how incendiary, ill-timed, shameful, distrustful, and stupid his comments were.

I assure you, Jim don't care what the media or anyone else thinks.  You don't become a billionaire by caring about what everyone else thinks and trying to appears them all.  Jim knows what he meant, and now Manning knows what he meant.  That's all that he needed to do.

pile-of-money-psd6129.png

big-teeth-smiley.jpg

Who cares what the media thinks they are stupid and have taken something simple and turned it all around everyone bad mouthing Jim about his comments are brainless a child could figure out he was talking about the organization not Peyton alone leave it to stupid ESPN to blow everything up

What does he have to apologize for?

Except, saying "Jezz guys, sorry I should have kept my big mouth shut!"

Clearly the statements were a mia culpa...  We as an organization failed to provide a supporting cast for Peyton to win more SB's, learning from this we are now moving in a different direction.  

That, That, That's All Folks.

I WAS looking forward to this game with great excitement, now I just want the game and this week to be over.

I have been trying to think of a way to respond to this topic and reading the majority of the posts. Like many folks, I do not believe that Irsay was taking a shot at Manning. Irsay was commenting on the fact that the Colts TEAM did not win multiple Super Bowls. There were many issues that led to the fact that we only made it to two Super Bowls and won one.

Manning was asked to take the team on his back and score as many points as possible because our defense could not stop teams. To counter this, teams ran the football and threw short passes against the very suspect defensive scheme. Short passes and running the ball kept the clock running and allowed teams to play keep away with the Colts and score points. Much like the Chargers did Monday night. 

Specials teams were never really special. The team started out with bad field position the majority of the time in regular season and playoff games and when you don't have much clock to work with it is difficult to continuously put good drives together that lead to points. It is even more difficult when the team was playing in an outdoor stadium in bad or cold weather. It is challenging to throw and catch the football because of the elements.

It seemed in playoff games that we had more untimely turnovers. Fumbles and interceptions. I am sure you all can think of examples.

I miss Peyton Manning, but am glad the Irsay was thinking of the bigger picture by drafting Andrew Luck and enabling Grigson to surround him with pretty good talent right out of the gate. Had Peyton Mannig been on the Colts team last year, with that offensive line, he may not be playing now. I am amazed at the things that Andrew can do that are simliar and different to Peyton. I can't wait to see this team perform each week, and I do enjoy the change of pace with a pretty good defense and a little bit of smashmouth running.

Will cheer for Peyton this weekend, and I cried at the press conference when he left. But the new Colts are built to make some noise, too. I am a Colts fan first and a Manning fan as long as he is not playing big blue. What happened with the untimely interception last year in the playoffs with the Broncos reminded me of some of our playoff games

So let me get this straight.  He should apologize to whom exactly?  To Manning?  For what?  if you read the article its more of a realization that they used Manning incorrectly.  They (entire FO) put everything on Manning and while that may have worked in the regular season.  The post season is a whole different game.  7 first round exits should clearly point that out.

The people who should be apologizing are the people that took his comments and ran the other way with them.  He was saying ultimately that Peyton, the city of Indy and the fans deserved more than one Lombardi trophy to brag about.

He realized that to win championships you cant be a top heavy team only.  Which for the most part we were.

The sb run for example is a prime example of an entire team effort.  The defense holding Jamal Charles to 15yds.  Adam and special teams for keeping us in games when the offense wasn't clicking, and the offense getting going by using the running game when everybody assumed that we should pass.

Its almost comical to the point of it being insane how people have completely taken a mole hill and made mt. Kilimanjaro out of it.

Corgi said it best.  I can't wait for this week to be over now.

I think the only thing that would matter would be between Irsay and Manning. Perhaps they talked to clear things up or will? I'm sure Irsay could care less what the media or everyone else thinks.

In the end it's just the media blowing it up, they aren't even talking about the darn game. They're just talking about the comments.

So let me get this straight.  He should apologize to whom exactly?  To Manning?  For what?  if you read the article its more of a realization that they used Manning incorrectly.  They (entire FO) put everything on Manning and while that may have worked in the regular season.  The post season is a whole different game.  7 first round exits should clearly point that out.

The people who should be apologizing are the people that took his comments and ran the other way with them.  He was saying ultimately that Peyton, the city of Indy and the fans deserved more than one Lombardi trophy to brag about.

He realized that to win championships you cant be a top heavy team only.  Which for the most part we were.

The sb run for example is a prime example of an entire team effort.  The defense holding Jamal Charles to 15yds.  Adam and special teams for keeping us in games when the offense wasn't clicking, and the offense getting going by using the running game when everybody assumed that we should pass.

Its almost comical to the point of it being insane how people have completely taken a mole hill and made mt. Kilimanjaro out of it.

Corgi said it best.  I can't wait for this week to be over now.

You want the owner of the team you root for to be looked at negatively from here on out.... like his Dad was? No, I don't think you want that. I think an interview is forthcoming, it's the only way.

From bleacher report

What did you think of Jim Irsay's comments?

Harmless, taken out of context

63.8%

Shots fired at Peyton Manning

22.4%

Don't care

13.8%

Looks like the media doesn't care that their viewers don't believe the story, probably because they can read for themselves and/or don't see how Irsay talking bad about Manning makes any sense

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Greatest QB of their era,which is obviously Brady vs Peyton(my vote's Peyton),at least now the media will NOT use Sup/Bowl wins n debate!!

12:26 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Lolololol

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

In that debate,the clock will spin swiftly back to October,2013...and theIr middle name will quickly endure a hyphen to add hypocrite 2 name

12:36 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Rofl

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Chris Mortensen,I don't recall you being on that flight from Miami to Indy when Peyton said.." You can't pass on Luck" I accept your apology

1:54 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

As far as your irresponsibility,that's disappointing because your assumption that you were privy to all of Peyton and my conversations

2:00 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Greatest QB of their era,which is obviously Brady vs Peyton(my vote's Peyton),at least now the media will NOT use Sup/Bowl wins n debate!!

12:26 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Lolololol

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

In that debate,the clock will spin swiftly back to October,2013...and theIr middle name will quickly endure a hyphen to add hypocrite 2 name

12:36 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Rofl

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Chris Mortensen,I don't recall you being on that flight from Miami to Indy when Peyton said.." You can't pass on Luck" I accept your apology

1:54 PM - 16 Oct 2013

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

As far as your irresponsibility,that's disappointing because your assumption that you were privy to all of Peyton and my conversations

2:00 PM - 16 Oct 2013

That's what made me shake my head during this whole thing. The media is always pointing out how Peyton only has 1 ring and it "tarnishes" his legacy. I understand it's different coming from Irsay, but still it was blown way out of proportion.

That's what made me shake my head during this whole thing. The media is always pointing out how Peyton only has 1 ring and it "tarnishes" his legacy. I understand it's different coming from Irsay, but still it was blown way out of proportion.

You know what really ticks me off, that most people believe this controversy is nothing, but the media will not give them a voice.

Maybe he should set up a interview saying he's going to apologize, then flip the script and blast the media for making assumptions just so they could have story.

Now THAT would be awesome. :D  Irsay has nothing to apologize for.  He's already elaborated on his original comments and some people still don't believe him, so what would an apology do besides pacify some people who made up the controversy in the first place?  I would rather Irsay NOT pander to those types of people, because no matter what he says, they're just going to spin his words anyway, considering that's what was done in the first place.

I've already written an statement of apology for Mr, Irsay:

Ladies and Gentleman! We have past a rough day for my  taken out of context and misinterpreted statements considering the past, present and future of our organization!

To put this matter right I'm here to apologize for statement. I fully feel sorry for winning only 1 SB ring with arguably one of best QBs ever under the Center and not surrounding him with better talent, especially Defense- and Special Team-wise. I also apologize for not allow Peyton Manning being traded for a top tier RB, as Bill advised me in 2004. Sorry Bill, I'm really gratefull for the ring that was won by the QB You wanted to trade.

I'd like to also apologize for letting Peyton Manning go and find a team that can be a real SB-contender within 2-3 years. I especially feel ashamed for not letting Peyton get killed behind a shaky O-line in the season of 2012.

I'm fully sorry that I've learn from the past, and I want to give a more balanced offensive system for our next franchise QB, and I want support him with a decent Defense. I also apologize for ambition to win even more SB titles in the following decade.

Shame, that an owner tries to improves his team to reach higher, I should be satisfied with rings this organization already possesses, it is time to allow Jacksonville Jaguars winning one!

I hope my apology would be accepted even by John Fox who even doesn't have a shot how deep I respect Peyton, and who should have stayed out of this and not to stir the pot.

I've already written an statement of apology for Mr, Irsay:

Ladies and Gentleman! We have past a rough day for my  taken out of context and misinterpreted statements considering the past, present and future of our organization!

To put this matter right I'm here to apologize for statement. I fully feel sorry for winning only 1 SB ring with arguably one of best QBs ever under the Center and not surrounding him with better talent, especially Defense- and Special Team-wise. I also apologize for not allow Peyton Manning being traded for a top tier RB, as Bill advised me in 2004. Sorry Bill, I'm really gratefull for the ring that was won by the QB You wanted to trade.

I'd like to also apologize for letting Peyton Manning go and find a team that can be a real SB-contender within 2-3 years. I especially feel ashamed for not letting Peyton get killed behind a shaky O-line in the season of 2012.

I'm fully sorry that I've learn from the past, and I want to give a more balanced offensive system for our next franchise QB, and I want support him with a decent Defense. I also apologize for ambition to win even more SB titles in the following decade.

Shame, that an owner tries to improves his team to reach higher, I should be satisfied with rings this organization already possesses, it is time to allow Jacksonville Jaguars winning one!

I hope my apology would be accepted even by John Fox who even doesn't have a shot how deep I respect Peyton, and who should have stayed out of this and not to stir the pot.

Excellent apology, but some how those words would cause another media storm.

I'm not waiting at all. He don't need to do a thing. The only thing he needs to focus on is getting the coaches and players ready to beat the crap out of Manning and the Bronco's. That would be the best statement he could make. Irsay didn't say anything that wasn't true and if the media and anybody else wants to take it out of context, then those people aren't very intelligent to begin with and aren't worth wasting his time on.

I completely disagree with the OP. 

Irsay should say nothing publicly. He should make a few phone calls and do whatever he needs to do to mend any fences broken by way of his ill-advised words. But he should do this privately, away from the bright lights of the medias predatory desires. 

The media is on team Peyton.

Of course they are. There's an overwhelming(yet completely invalid) feeling around the media that Irsay is a baffoon. It's really disappointing that it seems as if Manning has taken this out of context too(even though, it's easily understandable). It really makes me question Manning's intelligence off of the football field. He's either kind of dense outside of football or he's letting others get into his head. Either way, he should know better.