Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's your #1 2014 Offseason Priority

danlhart87

Playing for the future.  We have a very good setup right now.   We don't have a lot of big money players.  Come 18 months from now, TY Hilton, Fleener, Allen, and Luck can all start asking for a new contract.   So I would rather us not get big money free agents because we can't sustain it.  I would rather get the young, cheaper veterans the Grigson has been doing.  I think Grigson will start cutting this back.  He is a guy who believes the draft is the lifeline of a team.  He had to make a quick turnaround but I think he will start going more in that direction.

Maybe a new left tackle. Thornton to center. Castonzo to right guard. Castonzo isn't a long term solution. I want the colts to find a jj watt or Muhammad Wilkerson type to play end for us on the line. Another wide reciever. A cornerback. Outside linebacker is also important. Erik walden scares me

Guest TeamLoloJones

Maybe a new left tackle. Thornton to center. Castonzo to right guard. Castonzo isn't a long term solution. I want the colts to find a jj watt or Muhammad Wilkerson type to play end for us on the line. Another wide reciever. A cornerback. Outside linebacker is also important. Erik walden scares me

Wow...why don't we just have Luck play tight end while we're at it.

Wow...why don't we just have Luck play tight end while we're at it.

He did prove he had the hands to make a good catch at Stanford lol. Personally I think the Colts have a decent line with the potential to be good.

LT-Anthony Castonzo

LG-Donald Thomas

C-Khaled Holmes

RG-Hugh Thornton

RT-Gosder Cherilus

That's a very solid line if they get some depth and Holmes turns out to be decent.

Guest TeamLoloJones

He did prove he had the hands to make a good catch at Stanford lol. Personally I think the Colts have a decent line with the potential to be good.

LT-Anthony Castonzo

LG-Donald Thomas

C-Khaled Holmes

RG-Hugh Thornton

RT-Gosder Cherilus

That's a very solid line if they get some depth and Holmes turns out to be decent.

If we got the chance I would want to get Alex Mack the Browns center in FA,  Kahlid would be backup C and G and then draft (lower pick) a T to back up AC and Gosder.  Then draft all defense, with the exception of keeping an eye out for the next Reggie Wayne.  Also with the Bradshaw situation we will have to look for someone to go with TRich and Ballard, if we don't keep Brown.

If we got the chance I would want to get Alex Mack the Browns center in FA,  Kahlid would be backup C and G and then draft (lower pick) a T to back up AC and Gosder.  Then draft all defense, with the exception of keeping an eye out for the next Reggie Wayne.  Also with the Bradshaw situation we will have to look for someone to go with TRich and Ballard, if we don't keep Brown.

Mack could be a nice grab as long as they don't overpay, I don't wanna cripple future cap space. Could La'El Collins be the tackle later in the draft? I'd rather trade up a little and try to grab Roby/Purifoy/Clinton-Dix in the draft (maybe Tuitt).

Since you said "Priority" I'll place thm how I see them needing to be taken care of

1. Resign Vontae Davis

2. Resign Anoine Bethea

3. OLINE ... ANY POSITION THAT MAKES US A BETTER UNIT (Probably the most important)

4. I know Pat is just a punter but I believe his crazy, all out personality is a good dynamic to keep on the team ... Locker Room Chemistry

4. Sign Brian Orakpo

5. Sign Kenny Britt to a unexpected 3 year 15-20 million dollar deal

We need to be great up the middle. A VG center and road grader guard would help so much.

He's been playing pretty darn well this year. Not sure what you're watching?

David Yankey OG, Stanford needs upgrade at RG

RG is where Hugh Thornton is going to be next year when we get Donald Thomas back, all we need is a Center(if Holmes isn't what we think he is long term) and depth at all positions. The starters are set

Guest TeamLoloJones

David Yankey OG, Stanford needs upgrade at RG

He's the best offensive guard in the draft, there is no chance he doesn't go in the first round.

haha really?

thornton to center and castonzo to right guard?

I like the out of the box thinking, but man there is nothing positive that would come from that. Only thing we really need on the O line is center, and that could very well be McGlynn(never thought I'd say that).

I really hope they trade for Josh Gordon and trade up to draft Bradley Roby. Roby excels as a press corner which is where Vontae is his strongest. I'm not sold on Toler. They need to continue to be aggressive because it'll be way harder to win a SuperBowl when Luck gets his next contract.

You know before the Seahawks game Castanzo was a top 5 T according to PFF right? 94.4 rating is pretty good