Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bradshaw and Landry out for Sunday [Merge]

Dustin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but they probably thought it was just a stinger.

Yeah, obviously. But it seems like it was more serious than anyone thought, and Bradshaw just went back out there and Bradshaw'd for the rest of the game until we won 27-7. I've never had my respect for a player grow after it's been announced that he's being held out of a game. It's odd.

Also, as if it's not weird enough, he's one of the backs on my fantasy team, so you would think I'd be irritated. Nope, I just really like his approach to the game.

First round pick was worth it. Glad Grigson does not listen to fan opinions on trades.

There are so many players drafted in the first round that are just guys . Take a look at the "dynasty" the Rams are building with that boatload of picks they received for pick 1.2. Besides they paid half of his salary.. It was so good that it's a joke. 

From http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251407/article/its-trent-richardsons-backfield-now-bradshaw-is-out

"Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Friday that Ahmad Bradshaw is out for Sunday's game agaisnt the Jacksonville Jaguars because of a neck injury. Pagano said that something "significant" came out, although we're not sure when. It's uncertain if this is a long-term injury, but Richardson will be the lead back this week in a good matchup against the Jaguars."

What on Earth could that mean??

I hope it is nothing serious

This does not sound good!! Something significant usually is BAD! If soo that sucks really played well last week.

It was crazy. Was like he lost feeling to his arm and he kinda justr fell back down. I was shocked he came back in and ran the way he did.

The Trent trade is looking real good right now. Would much rather him than Brown as primary.

Now, I don't know anything more than anyone else other than I have had and been around people that had similar injuries.  It is probably just something like this.  It's painful (but the pain can be minimized with a cortizone shot during the game) and as long as they get the disc back in place then it's just a matter of letting the muscles and ligaments around the disc heal and strengthen.  If that doesn't happen then it's easier to the disc to slip out again during an impact.

DB might get the start, Richardson needs to know the whole playbook if he is going to start imho. The Richardson signing still looks smarter by the day. Don't get me wrong TR gets the bulk of the carries if the game plays out like I think it may, but It would be hilarious if Brown ends up having a huge game.

The Good, If we cant beat the Jags with trent & luck we have consistency issues, this is a game that anyone who needs some rest should get it, activate who u can , get a nice lead and sub / rotate to insure future health

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

said Pagano of a balanced offense. “Every game is going to be different. If you can balance it out and keep guys fresh so in the fourth quarter you have fresh guys running the ball. That would be great. It depends on how the game goes.”

Reggie Wayne sees no problems with Richardson carrying a bulk of the action Sunday. said Wayne. “We brought Trent in for these particular reasons, to have depth at that position and to be ready to go. ... In Practice ...“We threw a handful on top of what we threw to him last week. He’s done well in practice. We still have Donald Brown  who’s ready to go. There’s no worries.”

The Colts will be facing a Jaguars team that is starting Blaine Gabbert.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Richardson-Lead-Runner-for-Sunday/31bc796c-9b4f-4016-8f7f-a3387b53be7a

Next man up.

Health is first before any football game, I hope they recover well and dont rush it

Howell did an excellent job in place of Landry, and Bradshaw will be missed. I guess it's the T-Rich show against the Jags. Hopefully on 3rd and short Pep actually uses T-Rich instead of Brown. I'd rather see both Landry and Bradshaw sit out against the jags instead of the 3 game stretch we have coming up after this game. 

Might we see a run or two from Kerwynn Williams??? 

I didn't see Satele's name on that report. :(

Weirdly, this makes me like Bradshaw even more. He probably shouldn't have finished the Niners game, but he came back in and looked better and better as the game went on. Lots of heart.

I agree but they probably thought it was just a stinger.

Havili has running skills even though they have not used him that way.

This got me to thinking about Zack Crockett when Faulk got hurt. I think he may have had one carry in the regular season.

He did okay in the playoffs, as I recall. (Before someone takes this comment seriously, I KNOW he did fantastic.)

DB might get the start, Richardson needs to know the whole playbook if he is going to start imho. The Richardson signing still looks smarter by the day. Don't get me wrong TR gets the bulk of the carries if the game plays out like I think it may, but It would be hilarious if Brown ends up having a huge game.

If Brown gets some significant carries (10+) I think he could have a very good game.  I have long stated that Brown needs to play behind a man blocking scheme, not a zone blocking scheme... he just does not have the ability to anticipate where the hole is going to open but in a man blocking scheme where the 4 hole is between the RG and RT, if the hole is there he will hit it and hit it hard and 5+ yards, if it's not there he will plow into the back of his blocker and be stopped right there.

If Brown gets some significant carries (10+) I think he could have a very good game. I have long stated that Brown needs to play behind a man blocking scheme, not a zone blocking scheme... he just does not have the ability to anticipate where the hole is going to open but in a man blocking scheme where the 4 hole is between the RG and RT, if the hole is there he will hit it and hit it hard and 5+ yards, if it's not there he will plow into the back of his blocker and be stopped right there.

We ran a man blocking scheme last year. We are about half and half this year it seems.

Now, I don't know anything more than anyone else other than I have had and been around people that had similar injuries.  It is probably just something like this.  It's painful (but the pain can be minimized with a cortizone shot during the game) and as long as they get the disc back in place then it's just a matter of letting the muscles and ligaments around the disc heal and strengthen.  If that doesn't happen then it's easier to the disc to slip out again during an impact.

If so I would say 3/4 weeks?

If Brown gets some significant carries (10+) I think he could have a very good game.  I have long stated that Brown needs to play behind a man blocking scheme, not a zone blocking scheme... he just does not have the ability to anticipate where the hole is going to open but in a man blocking scheme where the 4 hole is between the RG and RT, if the hole is there he will hit it and hit it hard and 5+ yards, if it's not there he will plow into the back of his blocker and be stopped right there.

This is true, for all the Brown haters!!

Howell filled in pretty darn well last week... and I expect more of that. Trent Richardson on the other hand if what the team has been saying on Facebook has come a long way in the last week, or so. I have a feeling both he and Luck will have big games against the Jags.

Rest the injuried now because the schedule will only get tougher. Battle on.

I feel very strongly that if we do this we will lose to the Jaxs

If we can't beat the Jags because we have McGlynn playing, we're not a very good team.  McGlynn and Satele can't drain this team all by themselves.

The Jags usually play us tough, but they don't seem to be better than last year when a weaker Colts team trashed them in their house.  I know that doesn't matter this year.

Stewie is a cartoon character from a cartoon called The Family Guy that airs on Fox and Cartoon Network. The post did not upset me, I was just doing a public service so you guys know how dumb you sound.

No need to call names young man. Stewie sounds like a smart guy. I will have to ask the grandkids what time this cartoon comes on. Maybe I can steal a few lines from him so I can keep up with you kids.

If so I would say 3/4 weeks?

Could be.  Probably more like 1-2 weeks.  There are usually no tears or anything, just strained.  But I admit, I don't know much about the muscles in there area.  When I pinched a nerve in my neck I did not get treatment as a result I still have very little feeling in my right little finger 20+ years later.

Stewie is a cartoon character from a cartoon called The Family Guy that airs on Fox and Cartoon Network. The post did not upset me, I was just doing a public service so you guys know how dumb you sound.

Remember. Everytime you point the finger at others, three fingers point towards yourself.

What you did there? I see it.

Seriously though. You must be stuck in your own world if you think Stewie from family guy was the originator of "I see what you did there."

What you did there? I see it.

Seriously though. You must be stuck in your own world if you think Stewie from family guy was the originator of "I see what you did there."

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-see-what-you-did-there

You are correct it can be traced back to a Friends episode from 1996, although it is a phrase that Stewie often uses. Not that I associated the "origin" of this quote with Stewie, but if it's comfortable for you do it.

Moving on, go God darn it Donald!

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-see-what-you-did-there

You are correct it can be traced back to a Friends episode from 1996, although it is a phrase that Stewie often uses. Not that I associated the "origin" of this quote with Stewie, but if it's comfortable for you do it.

Moving on, go God darn it Donald!

Heard good things. Never got into Friends.