Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking news: Colts trade for Trent Richardson (((merge)))

NCost12

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't really that "unimpressive" considering he had broken ribs while playing for a team with no passing game . You watch the Browns a whole lot last year ? Huh... surprising that you would be that interested in them. 

Here's a quiz for you and other nay sayers..

In my rookie year I ran for 697 yards on 187 carries with 2 TD's. Had 30 receptions for 343 yards and 3 TD's . Second year 120 for 488 and 10 receptions for 139 yards.

Who am I ?

Gosh ... nobody wanted got play ?  It was OJ Simpson

Posted · Hidden by Warhorse, September 19, 2013 - masked profanity
Hidden by Warhorse, September 19, 2013 - masked profanity

This is a post from the Browns forum....I have to edit out the bad words since we can't do that here... haha this one is so funny...

"So the G** da** Colts throw there f***ing season and get LUCK and Trent Richardson? F**k this sh**. I am done."

Hah yeah there are a few funny posts over there...like this one "So what happens when he runs for 1800 yards this year for the colts and we take a flyer on the 18th pick of next years draft hoping he pans out? Any 35yo QBs coming out of college next year?"

Wasn't Zombo a character in the Munsters TV series ? Only a Browns fan would be called Zombo !

He had broken ribs and a hamstring problem this preseason. Not a good sign for a runningback especially one that is supposed to be a power back. Speaking of being a powerback he had a really low yards after contact last year. Sad to say the cleveland browns completely hustled us in this trade. He wasn't successful behind Clevelands which is significantly better than our line. Speaking of our line we just lost a 1st round pick we could have used to upgrade it. Seems Mr. Irsay already forgot his rant about how we need to protect Andrew. runningbacks are a dime a dozen and we just wasted a first round pick on one. Not to mention this only gives them more motivation to run the ball and force the run taking the ball out of Luck's hands which has been a problem.

I think when teams gang up on the run , RB's have a harder time breaking tackles as there are usually more than one defender hitting them. Weedon and Cleveland had a miserable time throwing the ball last year. Also I thought the broken ribs were last year and not this year. In any event you get Richardson and give up "you'll never know." So unless Richardson breaks out . it will be really hard to evaluate. I like it but I can understand why some have reservations.

All went before the 8th pick.  You think we'll play bad enough to get the 8th pick?

Ninja edit - meant 10th.

I'm saying even if we kept our first round pick our biggest need would be offensive guard. But there are no guards projected in first round of the 2014 draft right now. And we have a potential star at running back now.

Browns forum having a meltdown (as I would be as well) *mod edit*

What meltdown? Some people seem furious that they are so obviously giving up on this season. Many of them are pleased with it. Mixed reaction just like here.

Sadly I didn't see any that seemed to be mourning the loss of what he's given them on the field - just the "value" lost based on his having been a high draft pick.

I think when teams gang up on the run , RB's have a harder time breaking tackles as there are usually more than one defender hitting them. Weedon and Cleveland had a miserable time throwing the ball last year. Also I thought the broken ribs were last year and not this year. In any event you get Richardson and give up "you'll never know." So unless Richardson breaks out . it will be really hard to evaluate. I like it but I can understand why some have reservations.

Biggest thing to me is value. Just not worth a 1st round pick. We can get by with Bradshaw and whoever else. We have so many other needs to address. Personally think we would benefit more from drafting a rushbacker or o-line in the first then take a De'anthony Thomas or Lache seastrunk in the 2nd next year.

I'm torn by this move.  On the one hand we're getting insane value giving up a pick most likely in the teens for last year's #3 and making the Browns eat his entire signing bonus.  That part is a slam dunk win.  On the other hand RBs are a dime a dozen and I hate giving up a #1 pick for any running back (AP doesn't count since there's no way that dude is human).  Hope he can stay healthy.

I'll be honest with you guys , I would take Bernard Pierce , a third round pick of the Ravens, over Trent Richardson. However, that doesn't mean it's a bad deal for the Colts. He was a #3 1st round pick, but injuries and a 3.6 yards per carry would bring him into a mid-range first round pick , or a high second for him currently in a trade. The Colts have a need , and the Browns want to rebuild . Had I been the Browns and I had heard Irsay previously tweeting that he was going to trade for a running back, I would have squeezed Irsay for an additional third round pick. But then again, that is why they are the Browns.