Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Kaepernick

NCost12

Ok so as all of you saw today our defense struggled heavily against Pryor and the read option. Even when he would drop back to pass and we would find some pressure he would run around in circled a complete a 10 yd pass. Therefore, Week 3 we travel to San Francisco and Play the 49ers and more effective running the ball as a QB MR. Colin Kaepernick. Is anyone else worried of what this dude is gonna do to us?? I was hoping we could go into San Francisco and send a message (which I know most of you probably have that game as a lose) but scrambling QBs seem like their gonna kill us this yr  (Russell Wilson) Do you guys think we will be prepared to stop Kaep from running in circles?

I think having finally faced a mobile qb we finally can make adjustments we need... I don't care how much film we have on a mobile QB until we experience it we have no idea what to expect and how a qb will react to what we do.  As for Week 3, who knows... right now i am just thinking about What we need to do to get passed Miami.

It's going to be a problem, part of the reason I didn't think we would win that game.  With that said the Colts have now seen it and that offense is hard to prepare for it without ever seeing it so they have some film on it now and can adjust.  Will it be enough to slow down Kaepernick?  Probably not but right now no one in the league is slowing him down.  Sooner or later some DC is going to figure out how to stop it and everyone is going to copy it. 

Ok so as all of you saw today our defense struggled heavily against Pryor and the read option. Even when he would drop back to pass and we would find some pressure he would run around in circled a complete a 10 yd pass. Therefore, Week 3 we travel to San Francisco and Play the 49ers and more effective running the ball as a QB MR. Colin Kaepernick. Is anyone else worried of what this dude is gonna do to us?? I was hoping we could go into San Francisco and send a message (which I know most of you probably have that game as a lose) but scrambling QBs seem like their gonna kill us this yr  (Russell Wilson) Do you guys think we will be prepared to stop Kaep from running in circles?

The read option is going to be the future of the NFL and there will be more QBs who can run it and more teams will be looking for those types of QBs. They might not play as long but they are hell to try and plan to play against.

I think having finally faced a mobile qb we finally can make adjustments we need... I don't care how much film we have on a mobile QB until we experience it we have no idea what to expect and how a qb will react to what we do.  As for Week 3, who knows... right now i am just thinking about What we need to do to get passed Miami.

I agree. It is a process.

Uh! Seems like Waldon had seen this before. ;)

Makes you wonder what our DC prepared us for last week.

It's going to be a problem, part of the reason I didn't think we would win that game.  With that said the Colts have now seen it and that offense is hard to prepare for it without ever seeing it so they have some film on it now and can adjust.  Will it be enough to slow down Kaepernick?  Probably not but right now no one in the league is slowing him down.  Sooner or later some DC is going to figure out how to stop it and everyone is going to copy it. 

They know how and speak often of it.

Break them.

Kaep will destroy this defense. He has the best o-line in the league, is a much better passer than Pryor and just as good running the ball. Better receivers too (even with Crabtree out). 

The 49ers offense will be able to do whatever they want if we play like we did today.  With all the receiving weapons and Frank Gore,  Kap will have a very good game most likely.

Just for starters. I never think we are going to lose and wont give up on a win until the clock hits zero. I never leave the stadium early. Ever hear the term " Any Given Sunday ".

I agree the team as a whole needs to tighten their game up and they will.

We have a read-option quarterback. Didn't you see Lucks TD run? Luck is an All-Round Quarterback.

B.T.W

Does anyone else think Brick from the TV show " the middle " and Kaepernick look an awful lot alike?

Exactly!!

If I've learned anything reading these forums over the past year, its that you just need to light Kaep up a couple times and that will stop all this RO nonsense.

They hardly ran the read option and when they did I don't recall it being that effective.

I fully expect him to run wild on us.  It's why I think we are going to lose this game and have thought that since before the season started.  As much as some might not want to hear this we aren't there yet.  The 49ers are maybe the best team in the league if not they are top three.  This Colts team is still building talent and while I expect them to be in the playoffs I don't think they are good enough to go on the road and beat one of the best teams in the league when it's a bad match up for us. 

Go look at the STAT line from the BYU vs TEXAS college game...Look at BYU's QB's yards to total rushing yards. Texas is a top team and BYU was able to SHRED them with the QB run.

OYE I hope this does not happen to the colts...please Pagano fix it before it needs fixing

Texas is a top team? That's debatable

To be honest the biggest worry I'd have after today's game isn't stopping Kaepernick. I'd be more worried about keeping Luck upright against that 49ers pass rush on the O line's showing today. Maybe this is why we brought Matt in :P

Luck, Pep, or both didn't adjust to what the Raiders were doing. They were hardly diguising their blitzes, and it was poor recognition of getting out of the play the Colts were originally in to something much quicker to nullify their rush. This isn't giving a pass to the O-line, but they weren't getting any help either. They will get it figured out, I hope. I know I discredited Oaklands defense, but I came away kind of impressed. That front 4 isn't that bad at all. 

Luck, Pep, or both didn't adjust to what the Raiders were doing. They were hardly diguising their blitzes, and it was poor recognition of getting out of the play the Colts were originally in to something much quicker to nullify their rush. This isn't giving a pass to the O-line, but they weren't getting any help either. They will get it figured out, I hope. I know I discredited Oaklands defense, but I came away kind of impressed. That front 4 isn't that bad at all. 

Good points, and I agree the Raiders D might be a little underrated, they've got rid of disruptive (IMO) influences such as McClain and brought in veteren leadership in the likes of Woodson and Sims. 

I also agree that we should have made changes to hold off the blitz and that it's on both the playcalling and Luck somewhat, but there was a definite degradation in the O line play as the game went on. It's like they mentally lost it, typified by AC getting called for a face mask. It's almost like they had mistakenly believed they were going to get an easy ride as it was the Raiders. But week 1 and all so they get a pass.... for now.

Interesting point that came up in the NYG/Cowboys game, with the limit on practices there seems to be a lot more of scrappy/blow plays in Week 1. 

Honestly, I don't see Kaep running against us the way Pryor did. Hes got way too many weapons, and though he is a great runner, he's not even in Pryor's league when it comes to speed and power running. And with Gore, Boldin, Davis, and others, he won't need to run as much..What's sad is that we all know Pryor isn't a great passer, and we knew he would be running around in circles, trying to get a receiver open, and yet still ran around and around... A QB that can extend the play, ie Roethlesburger, gives his receivers more time to get open. So, instead of having up to 4 seconds to throw, he's getting 10-15, and no CB can continually cover someone for 15 seconds.

When you have a mobile QB..it causes so much more confusion..esp if that QB has great weapons around him. I think Kaep will move just enough to avoid the rush, and then hit his targets down field., much like what Luck does for us..

The only way I see SF losing to the Colts, is having the Colts Offense do what so many teams try to do against Peyton..Keep him on the bench collecting splinters. Long sustained drives, eating 8 minutes or more off the clock, and not settling for FG's. We have a very good offense..I think our receivers are as good, if not better than Green Bay's, and they hung in the game til the end. Against SF, we need to open up more, go no-huddle, and keep the SF D off balance. Throw a reverse or two to TY, little WR Screens and slants...to DHB..and have Reggie just be Reggie..

I know..this is easier sad than done, but anything is possible...but if we do lose, it will be because of Kaep's arm, rather than his legs..

Good points, and I agree the Raiders D might be a little underrated, they've got rid of disruptive (IMO) influences such as McClain and brought in veteren leadership in the likes of Woodson and Sims.

I also agree that we should have made changes to hold off the blitz and that it's on both the playcalling and Luck somewhat, but there was a definite degradation in the O line play as the game went on. It's like they mentally lost it, typified by AC getting called for a face mask. It's almost like they had mistakenly believed they were going to get an easy ride as it was the Raiders. But week 1 and all so they get a pass.... for now.

Interesting point that came up in the NYG/Cowboys game, with the limit on practices there seems to be a lot more of scrappy/blow plays in Week 1.

I have to agree with the OL fizzling as the game progressed. I actually thought they looked good for awhile but then just pulled a complete 180.

Wonder if we are at least going to get Thornton in there sometime soon. McGlynn was his usually self.