Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Biggest Worry Going Into Season.

Kenny

What is this? A serious thread by Kenny? Yep!

Title says it all. With the roster shake down in full effect what is your biggest worry?

Mine would probably be repeated success of the opposing offense running it straight at Werner. Love him to death but he is a rookie moving to OLB to rush the passer. Hoping he gets it down pact(pack?) before playoff time.

My biggest concerns are injuries and Luck!

If you look at our roster primarily defense we are betting on a few players with injury history; Laron, Toler, just to NAMe a few and I worry about next man up in some areas.

With luck it's about turnovers and health. Luck is a beast he has a great ability to extend plays and took some punishment I want to see his turnovers decrease and for us to keep em healthy!

Title says it all. With the roster shake down in full effect what is your biggest worry?

Mine would probably be repeated success of the opposing offense running it straight at Werner. Love him to death but he is a rookie moving to OLB to rush the passer. Hoping he gets it down pact(pack?) before playoff time.

Down pat :P

My biggest concern is the run game, on both sides of the ball.

Secondary concern is special teams.

I'm not concerned about too much outside of those.

O-line and pass rush.

I'm not too worried about the pass rush itself. We got pressure on the qb decently even in the vanilla stuff we were doing.We just couldn't get them down on the turf. There were two plays where Werner was within arms reach of Eli but just couldn't get a hand on him. Didn't pay much attention to the rush against the Browns but it didn't stand out to me either so I guess it's a wash in that game haha.

Im most concerned about the OG spot that is currently occupied by McGlynn...

The 2nd thing that concerns me is Coby Fleener's bad preseason, It would be great for the team if he panned out like many thought he could...

I think many need to remember just how few times he was targeted last year and that he suffered a foot injury vs the Giants, Does that excuse his drops? Obviously not, I think its  amental thing with him. I expect he will come around, I think some expected him to come out and play like Gronk from the start...That simply was never going to happen. He is a work in progress

My biggest worry is that when I come over for my first game in October, all the Colts fans will be jerks. You know what I'm saying......

I don't think you will endure anything but some good natured ribbing. We have have very few problems with any nonsense as far as fans from other teams coming here. Tailgating is good for all. Just bring plenty of money to spend downtown as there are some great places to eat and drink all within walking distance from the Oil Can. 

I don't think you will endure anything but some good natured ribbing. We have have very few problems with any nonsense as far as fans from other teams coming here. Tailgating is good for all. Just bring plenty of money to spend downtown as there are some great places to eat and drink all within walking distance from the Oil Can.

For sure Crazy. Check out the locked thread from yesterday......

I wouldn't worry about them running straight at Werner, they'd be heading to our bench.

Mine is the ability to pressure the passer. We really didnt see it from our first team D. I understand there was no game planning in the preseason where the coaches call Ds that take advantage of the Os weakest links.

I think we upgraded at every weak position from last year, except pass rush.

Werner will be a liability if they dare to start him.  He'll have some very limited success rushing the qb on obvious passing downs.  Down pat by the way.

Not being able to run the ball with much consistency if Mcglynn starts next to Satele

McGlynn is supposed to start next to Satele, did you think Rietz was?  I heard someone say that but that's something I don't know the make-up yet, supposedly, and this is a bit supposedly, we have guys in there that can move positions like the Queen on a chess board.

I am concerned that special teams is going to cost the Colts several games. If anything, they are even worse now and they have been very bad for a long time.

This is my #2. Would have been #1 but I trust Luck and the receivers to win us some games.

Well, as far as your trust thought:  Here is my worry there, We are starting two people who are known ball-droppers and one is afraid to catch the ball in traffic and also gets hurt easy.  So two of the people you MUST count on to catch balls are starting in the NFL for the Indianapolis Colts, that's unheard of.  When we had the triplets, who wouldn't catch the ball.....no-one.  Everyone had hands of glue.  Clark, Wayne, Harrison, James --- now we are going to risk a W vs. an L and put in known ball droppers.  It kind of boggles the mind that T.Y. Hilton is not starting over Heyward-Bey.  If he drops a few and perhaps a sure TD, you watch what happens.  Irsay will go ballistic and rightly so.  Don't look for Heyward-Bey to be starting for very long.  And I realize you (pro HB dudes) are going to tell me that it's just the way the "Sets" are run and Heyward-Bey is a big dude to try to cover, blah, blah.

O-line and pass rush.

Man, you are right....it's just always an on-going concern.  can you name a team that doesn't concern themselves with the o-line?  There are probably a couple teams only out there in the NFL that right now can honestly say , "we are stacked at o-line and even injuries don't concern us, we are the bomb at o-line so eat your heart out Indy Colts, grow some kahunas and find you some good o-line talent and quit complaining!!"  ,,, geez, I hope there isn't a team out there that says that kind of stuff.......ugh  :facepalm:

Im most concerned about the OG spot that is currently occupied by McGlynn...

The 2nd thing that concerns me is Coby Fleener's bad preseason, It would be great for the team if he panned out like many thought he could...

I don't think he's going to pan out.  Just watching him makes me cringe, it's a feeling you get when a player just looks like he is too concerned with his immediate surroundings and does not pay attention to the ball 100 percent of the time.  It's just a heebie-jeebie feeling or a sick feeling that we took him with a very important pick in the draft and it's all for not.  I think deep down, Andrew Luck knows this too!!.  He really doesn't talk (now a days) about Fleener and whether or not he thinks he is going to be any good or what his problem is.  He stays away from that and doesn't compliment him in the regard he would if he was a lock at TE.  The writing is not on the wall yet, not what-so-ever, as far as cutting our losses with him, BUT, these first few games are critical to him.  If he gets hurt or acts like a sissy out there, it's all but over for him.

For sure Crazy. Check out the locked thread from yesterday......

I wouldn't take that thread too seriously, was really pretty off the wall, hence it's closing.

We here in Indy are famous for what is called Hoosier Hospitality.

Really down home friendliness towards outsiders, guests, etc.

Take a look at some of the reviews of how the whole Indy area treated the fans that came to the Super Bowl!

And those were Giants and Pats fans, so there you go, I would expect to be treated well and welcomed most heartedly.

I would avoid politics, as us Yanks, still hold a grudge about the Tea Party and the Revolutionary War, you know! (just kidding)

I am concerned that special teams is going to cost the Colts several games. If anything, they are even worse now and they have been very bad for a long time.

This is exactly what I came here to post.

Our STs have been just dreadful. Breaking HUGE gainers & punt & ko returns can be game winners when ever they happen during the course of a game.

We NEED to improve that aspect of our game for sure.

Guarantee you he is an upgrade to Mathis in your area of concern.

Mathis isn`t much dropping back either.

Werners problem is strength more then anything else, He had a couple problems in discipline when it came to run contain but the bigger issue immediately is strength, Both will improve over time

yip, his run contain is one of those things they would call "things we have to fix.

Thank goodness he will have Angerer backing him up! hahahahaha! Angerer is so SLoooooooW! A joke.

Few pass rushers are good till year 3. "Things our fans just don`t get".

yip, his run contain is one of those things they would call "things we have to fix.

Thank goodness he will have Angerer backing him up! hahahahaha! Angerer is so SLoooooooW! A joke.

Few pass rushers are good till year 3. "Things our fans just don`t get".

eh 2 different positions in regards to Werner and Angerer, I cant say much about Angerer right now I would have to go back and watch the games he was in. Werners pass rush will improve with strength to