Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting QB in wk5 chiefs Game: Painter or Collins (merge)

GoColts8818

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a terrible idea. I'm no Painter fan but Collins is a "guest" on this team and not one that will win many games. Right now the Colts ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS so why not give Painter all the reps he can get if they plan to keep him? Don't forget Manning's career may be over for good. I'll guess the players would rather have Painter in there.

At this point its obvious the team plays better with Painter in so I dont get it............ Maybe ol Collins found the fountain of youth with this week off. :sarcasm: . Its bad enough when Curtis starts i have a bottle of Jack Daniels handy, but if Collins starts ill Have 2 or 3 bottles handy. :whiteflag:

It would be like the Colts to have a media release like this one. "Dear Colts fans....we have no more lineman, so....uhh...we will re-introduce Kerry Collins as your starter."

They had better figure out what they are going to do on our offensive and Defensive lines. We have no one left!!

Its stuff like this that causes fans to not even bother to watch. I will for now. But I won't tolerate much more of this.

I'm struggling to make sense of this.

Are we seriously going to keep playing people just because we're paying them?

Ima go out on a limb and predict a sweeping coaching regime change next season.

wow..so Paitner puts up points and they're going to start grandpa who can't even move the ball down the field. give me a break. The offense seemed more in sync with Painter then it did with collins. This will cause them to lose more fans. I will still watch, but i don't know how much more of this nonsense i can handle. :corner:

Coach Jim Caldwell is not ready to anoint Curtis Painter as his starting quarterback for Week 5 against the Chiefs.

Painter's 43.3 completion percentage against the Bucs won't inspire confidence, but he still looked like an improvement on Kerry Collins due to his mobility and willingness to strike vertically. Beat writer Phillip Wilson is "guessing" that Caldwell will end up sticking with Painter. Either way, it should be a low-scoring game against the offensively challenged Chiefs.

Pure insanity, I tell you.... Irsay must really like Luck.

Well....ya gotta admit....Irsay certainly made a few shekels having a marquee QB the last 13 years. If you're right about him wanting Luck, then that is probably his angle.

All that aside....Painter should start the rest of the season.

The Kerry Collins experiment was, I believe, an effort to see if we could weasel ourselves a fighting chance at a wildcard. It wasn't a terrible decision under the circumstances and we can't really fault Collins too much....but it has failed.

Curtis deserves to play out the remaining games.

This is setting a spark that will ignite the one !@#*! thing we don't need.....a division in the locker room.

Even more evidence of mismanagement. For 12 years, not once have we seen even a hint of a schism in our locker room.

Colts fans, place your head between your knees, cover the back of your head with your hands and prepare for impact.

Its stuff like this that causes fans to not even bother to watch. I will for now. But I won't tolerate much more of this.

I'm struggling to make sense of this.

Are we seriously going to keep playing people just because we're paying them?

Ima go out on a limb and predict a sweeping coaching regime change next season.

That's exactly why they're going to play Collins. Painter is costing us about $500,000 for this season as opposed to $4,000,000 for Kerry. That's too big a disparity to not play the old man. Not sure what Tennessee was paying Young to sit behind Collins but I'm sure it was more than we're paying Painter. Point being, the salaries were probably comparable enough to warrant interchanging the two. Polian and Irsay have made our bed and we get the pleasure of lying in it. Gonna be a really "special" season!

There is no way Collins should start......Painter did an excellent job for what he was given to work with........yes he made some mistakes....but i doubt that Collins could have hit Garcon on the fly for the first touchdown.......

Besides.....our offense wasnt really the problem.........neither was the defense when it was called correctly......but whoever the coach was that called for Angerer to run down the field 20 yards as the ball is snapped ......10 times in a row....which resulted in 2 major scoring drives for the bucs.....should be tarred and feathered and sent on his way......what an unbelieveably terrible defensive play called over and over and over...it was just dumb....and then dumber and even dumber........

If anyone watched that game last night and came away thinking Painter is a NFL QB wasn't watching ESPN last night. This season is lost, go with Collins maybe pick up a win or so then go draft Luck and have that position set for next decade or longer.

i wish there was a bridge that went to to colts complex, i would organize a march!!!!

Really? How is the organization that has the history this one has over the past decade plus all of a sudden lost it? Could it be that actually have a plan in place? Could it be they actually know more then joe fan knows?