Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting QB in wk5 chiefs Game: Painter or Collins (merge)

GoColts8818

On a serious note, besides the two plays to garcon, Painter's #'s weren't that great.

garcon made those plays happen anyway. its not like he threw the ball 86 yards and it was caught in the endzone. Painter was 13 for 30, everyone seems to be forgetting that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 million is a lot of money, and we have noticed a tendency with Polian's shall we say, ego?

I kind of get this argument with keeping first round picks around, but not at all for starting them, let alone guys off the street with bigger contracts. Brown, Hughes, and Ugoh are all first round (by number or effectively) picks that sat when they were shown to have superior talent behind them. I doubt he'll keep Collins in just for his 'ego'

Im starting to think the colts are sucking for luck.. maybe they thought painter would bomb the season away and seeing that he wasnt gonna do that they are planning on going back to collins cause he's doing a better job at that. Ppl that need to go, Caldwell and Bill polian.

Collins is listed as the likely starter for Sunday...

I got nothing...rip Caldwell all you would like for this one.

Collins would be best served to return the money and retire for good while he has the chance.He might suffer extensive brain damage behind this Oline.Painter was getting nailed before the 3 step drop,that is ridiculous.A mannequin would slow them up better.

After how he did against Pittsburgh and last night, i thought Painter had made his case to be the starter . . . First, (for what it is worth in the business world of the NFL) he has put his time in at Indy, being on the team, going to meetings, learning the offense and what ever else he does in Indy. Second, I would think that his teammates would welcome him under center and happy that "he is getting his chance" might help the chemistry of the team, Third, if you want to develope a back-up just in case you need a good one next year or future years for a game or two, Painter with 14 games under his belt would help . . . and Fourth, he has the "give me another beer and a cheeseburger from the grill" hair style, and for that alone i think he should start . . . :dance:

Yeah but the report came from that AM 1070 radio station. And that guy is usually right.

The Colts just delay everything.

According to NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora "everybody in the locker room and everybody in the league" expects the Colts to continue to start Curtis Painter at quarterback.

Explained ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky on coach Jim Caldwell's unwillingness to name a starter Tuesday, "I think Caldwell's being respectful to [Kerry] Collins and will certainly stick with Painter." Bob Kravitz and Phillip Wilson of the Indianapolis Star also expect the Colts to stay with Painter after the first-time starter at least had a few bright moments Monday night.

to the OP -- How can you place Collins in there. He has been awful the past few weeks and in one game Painter threw for half his yards and as many TDs as Collins. BLASPHEMY! It's an awful idea, and now I think we'll lose... to the Chiefs :(

to the OP -- How can you place Collins in there. He has been awful the past few weeks and in one game Painter threw for half his yards and as many TDs as Collins. BLASPHEMY! It's an awful idea, and now I think we'll lose... to the Chiefs :(

I didn't, I just reported what I heard on the radio this afternoon...

Notice I said right after that feel free to bash Caldwell all you want for this one IE I didn't agree with the call.

Since then Caldwell has said at his presser that they have not named a starter yet and Polian said on his radio show tonight that he didn't see any reason they wouldn't stick with Painter.

I didn't, I just reported what I heard on the radio this afternoon...

Notice I said right after that feel free to bash Caldwell all you want for this one IE I didn't agree with the call.

Since then Caldwell has said at his presser that they have not named a starter yet and Polian said on his radio show tonight that he didn't see any reason they wouldn't stick with Painter.

Yes yes I know you didn't say it, I read the title. I was just answering, I wasn't bashing you, I was bashing Caldwell's decision. :thmup:

garcon made those plays happen anyway. its not like he threw the ball 86 yards and it was caught in the endzone. Painter was 13 for 30, everyone seems to be forgetting that.

Yeah, with an O-line missing three starters....point is, he played BETTER than Collins has all year. Of course the bar is set low, but at least Painter seemed into it and made some adjustments at the line...he can't help it that Christensen called a pass play on 3rd and inches and Caldwell punted on 4th and inches

Yeah but the report came from that AM 1070 radio station. And that guy is usually right.

The Colts just delay everything.

Just cause you hear it on the radio doesnt make it true mate.... did you hear the world is gonna end in 2012.. i heard it on tv.... lmao

Division in the locker room? Over what? Exactly what has Painter done? How many TD passes in his career has he thrown, how many teams has he led tot he playoffs and Superbowl? Division? Really?

Division in the locker room? Over what? Exactly what has Painter done? How many TD passes in his career has he thrown, how many teams has he led tot he playoffs and Superbowl? Division? Really?

lets see and look at this years stats shall we? collins has had two TD's in three games but has had many fumbles and INT's, painter after taking over for collins against the steelers has 3 TD's and two fumbles.. hhmmm sounds to me the better qb is painter. the offense was more explosive then the im here for a paycheck collins. that is what my wife said and shes a vikings fan. if it wasnt for coyers playcalling monday night the colts would have won that game. its more to say then what collins has done for the colts, oh here is a question how many SB's, playoffs, division wins has collins had for the colts? he has had more starts then painter has for the colts. just a little FYI

Painter's Week 4 performance created a QB controversy in Indy... something we haven't seen in 25 years (a couple of years b4 I started watching). Curtis Painter deserves the spot. He got half of Collins yards and all of Collins TDs in one game.

And how many career regular season starts does Painter have? 1......just the one. How could he POSSIBLY have lead anyone to a division title, superbowl or anything like that? Can't exactly do any of those things with only one regular season start.

Painter's Week 4 performance created a QB controversy in Indy... something we haven't seen in 25 years (a couple of years b4 I started watching). Curtis Painter deserves the spot. He got half of Collins yards and all of Collins TDs in one game.

The last one we had was at the start of the 1995 season. We had just traded for Craig Erikson from the Bucs to replace Jim Harbaugh who had been a disapointment after we signed the year before. Well Erikson struggled out of the gate so the Colts turned to Harbaugh late in the first two games of the year. He brought us back only to see us lose late to the Bengals in week one. The following week so another slow start by Erikson and saw us in a big hole to the New York Jets. They again went to Harbaugh who brought us all the way back to win. They then named Harbaugh the starter in Buffalo a week later and he was the guy the rest of the season and lead us to one of the most magical seasons in Colts history.

We already know about Reggie, you that guy right? Our best weapon on offense, multi-probowl extrodinaire?

You think others aren't quietly harboring their own disdain toward this 'flip-a-coin' QB issue? Once that starts it grows black like a cancer. Lets go with Painter and win some games.

I am all for Painter being behind center the rest of the season win or lose. He looks so much more comfortable out there and I could just see the lights coming on at the Tampa Bay game.

BUT

I am not for Painter being the next guy hauled off in a cart because we could only field a patchwork four man front on the line consisting of our three running backs and our fullback.

Not that I want Collins head taken off....but I'd rather protect Painter from getting killed.

I am very much looking for a miracle from the Colt's in this week's game. I'm just not confident we will be able to field enough healthy bodies to get the job done.