Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are you most excited to see?

scootermac23

Can we have coaches too? I'm really looking forward to seeing what the "No Coast" looks like, and of course to see Pagano coach a full season.

Player wise Chapman on D and the "new and improved now with 33% more Stanford hook ups" Coby Fleener on O.

EDIT - my bad didn't realise we were talking just about preseason game 1 only. Should read slower.... In that case Werner and Whalen.

Chapman sounds like a beast.

Fleener looks poised for a breakout season.

Landry the human Hellfire missile.

Wayne, DHB, D. Allen, Fleener, TY, WhalenLuck with that many weapons just makes me smile.

Will have to wait for the regular season, but I'm excited to see what Bradshaw can do in a Colts uniform.

I want to see how Mathis plays in this new look defense.

The biggest change that I'm looking forward to: The Colts D will not be the soft, toothless crew that it was in the past.  Yeah Pollian's boys got pressure on the QB... IF the other team was behind.  That was all they did.  It's all they could do.

This new D is going to be tough.  They will smash you in the mouth.  They will stuff the run.  They will play good tight coverage. They will force turnovers.  They will make hard, single tackles.  AND they will get pressure on the QB.  Can't wait.

All of the above! In the past the Colts were not too engrossed in winning preseason games. With all of the new players I would expect to see a lot of looks from the so called bubble players. Grigson's work will keep his eyes open for talent not only on the Colts but other players who might not make others rosters. Grigson must have some pretty good scouts being him and his crew seems to be looking everywhere for players who might contribute. I could only imagine how many hours of tape him and his crew are studying and grading. 

@KBowenColts: Pep Hamilton on running game: "It's going to hurt when we run the football. We expect it to hurt our opponents more than it hurts us...

@KBowenColts: especially in the third quarter when we continue to run the football." Hamilton said he studied Ravens/49ers to see their physical style.

Walden... because he's been so maligned on this forum... if he even plays just average, there are a bunch of people here who need to eat some serious crow.

Satele... because some seem to think players ought to be evaluated independent of how injuries or the play of teammates around them might have affected their performance. I suspect we'll start to see why Grigs brought this guy to Indy soon.

@KBowenColts: Hamilton on Dwayne Allen: "He's physical at the point of attack but at the same time he has the potential to be an explosive playmaker."

@CraigKColts: #Colts A. Luck says not tired of handing off in camp, "It's great to handoff. The balance of offense has been a lot of fun 2 play with."

@KBowenColts: Manusky on McNary: "The sky's the limit for him b/c he has some good athletic ability. He shows some 6-inch punch & strike which we like."

@gmbremer: DC Greg Manusky said Darius Butler is the No. 1 nickel corner with Josh Gordy and Cassius Vaughn backing him up. #ColtsCamp

@KBowenColts: Manusky said the ILB spot next to Jerrell Freeman involves Kelvin Sheppard, Kavell Conner, Pat Angerer & Josh McNary (due to Pat's injury).

@gmbremer: Asked what he wants to see Sunday against the Bills, Manusky said "high-level defense." #coltscamp

@TribStarTJames: The Colts have struggled in recent years on short yardage and goal line running plays. Also being able to grind out games in the fourth quarter

@TribStarTJames: So when Pep Hamilton talks power running game, that is what he is referring to. Being able to finish drives and finish games. Run clock.

@TribStarTJames: People hear "power running game" and they think the Colts are going to become three yards and a cloud of dust. Ain't going to happen.

@KBowenColts: Hamilton on Dwayne Allen: "He's physical at the point of attack but at the same time he has the potential to be an explosive playmaker."

@CraigKColts: #Colts A. Luck says not tired of handing off in camp, "It's great to handoff. The balance of offense has been a lot of fun 2 play with."

@KBowenColts: Manusky on McNary: "The sky's the limit for him b/c he has some good athletic ability. He shows some 6-inch punch & strike which we like."

@gmbremer: DC Greg Manusky said Darius Butler is the No. 1 nickel corner with Josh Gordy and Cassius Vaughn backing him up. #ColtsCamp

@KBowenColts: Manusky said the ILB spot next to Jerrell Freeman involves Kelvin Sheppard, Kavell Conner, Pat Angerer & Josh McNary (due to Pat's injury).

@gmbremer: Asked what he wants to see Sunday against the Bills, Manusky said "high-level defense." #coltscamp

Hmmm.. McNary seems to be impressing. We really need that Clint Session-type LB back who can lay the wood, and with the way Manusky described McNary, maybe he can be that guy.

I can't wait to see this defense go wild on opposing offenses. This could end up being a very special squad with a good handful of hidden talent proving their worth on Sundays. Just get the ball back in Lucks hands and we are golden.

I really want to see the progression of Dwayne Allen. This guy could be something special. I can easily see a career where he averages 65/754/7 for the next 8 years, as well as being a superb blocker which is rare for guys not named Vernon Davis. 

Also, Im looking to see the progression on both the OL/DL.