Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nickname for Chapman?

Hans Moleman

So, let's face facts- I have no doubt Chapman's going to become a fan favorite here, and as such, it's time we start thinking of a nickname given that he's doing the least glamorous job on the field. I don't force these things, but whenever I see Chapman, the nickname "Swamp Thing" just sticks- the dude's game is tough, strong, ugly, gritty, and grimey. He's a force of nature. 

He's not one of those pretty boy superheroes that is all about showing off 8 abs in tights- Swamp Thing just means business.

Great defenders do - The Minister of Defense, MegaWatt, etc.

They're not for everyone.

That's what I'm saying just let the man do his job and let the nicknames be a personal thing

Like how I call DHB Hey Bey Bey ... Nicknames can be claimed on a personal level

So, let's face facts- I have no doubt Chapman's going to become a fan favorite here, and as such, it's time we start thinking of a nickname given that he's doing the least glamorous job on the field. I don't force these things, but whenever I see Chapman, the nickname "Swamp Thing" just sticks- the dude's game is tough, strong, ugly, gritty, and grimey. He's a force of nature.

He's not one of those pretty boy superheroes that is all about showing off 8 abs in tights- Swamp Thing just means business.

haha

Nice, I had a post referencing Swamp Thing when talking about the Redskins field.. Ala FedEx Field..

Love the call.....

If Mathis say TNT, for me it stops right there. I love how Chappell described Chapman's play the other day. Went right through McGlynn and Satele, popped them back into Cherilus, and the whole group ended up taking the runner down in the backfield. I really don't care about a nickname, but I would love to call him a Ngata clone!

If Mathis say TNT, for me it stops right there. I love how Chappell described Chapman's play the other day. Went right through McGlynn and Satele, popped them back into Cherilus, and the whole group ended up taking the runner down in the backfield. I really don't care about a nickname, but I would love to call him a Ngata clone!

Yeah Bob Lamey said he pushed back 4 O-lineman he's a beast. 

The Boss is what they called him at 'Bama. He carried that over to his Twitter handle (The_Boss61). If I ever meet him I will just call him 'Sir' :D

Yup..."Sir" sounds like a good idea, or maybe "Mister Chapman".  Good luck trying to block the guy, even if you try to double him.  I can't wait to see him in action this year, and look for him to be the anchor in the middle of our D-line for many years to come.

How about we wait till he earns a nickname against real NFL O Linemen and not Samson Satele or Mike Mcglynn

Gavin if this kid stays healthy no one OL in this league will stop him,hes stout as a Bull,thats what we need more DL commanding doubles.Exactly the reason they drafted him knowing full well he wouldn't play a down last year.They knew what they were getting IMO 

I'm pretty sure that's what Pagano wants to call him since he mentions that in nearly every interview about Chapman.

I got that impression too when I read his comment about him.  That's why I suggested the name.  I figure if it's something that Pagano is going to call him, than why don't we all call him "The Safe".

I got that impression too when I read his comment about him.  That's why I suggested the name.  I figure if it's something that Pagano is going to call him, than why don't we all call him "The Safe".

Yeah i agree. Safe could mean 2 things as well. The fact that he is the size of a safe, or he keeps us safe from runs down the middle.