Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weslye Saunders Suspended 8 games

HtownColt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody...anybody needs to get our guys under control!This is becoming a joke!Who's responsible for this?Is it the guy that replaced telesco?

It wasn't  Telesco replacement it was Telesco, BUT we were/are in a rebuild... the Steeler's let him go after he was nailed/ suspended for 4 games the first time.. we picked him up... 

think he's gone ?????

Yea...

found on rotoworld

The Colts worked out free agent TE Randy McMichael back in May.

We missed this tidbit of news at the time of the workout, but NFL.com's Ian Rapoport mentioned it again Thursday following the news of Colts TE Weslye Saunders' eight-game suspension. McMike doesn't catch many passes anymore, but he's still an above-average blocker on the line of scrimmage.
Related: Colts

The PED violation must be different from drug policy violation. For the former they get 8 weeks suspension for the second offense while for the latter they get 4 weeks and the public doesn't even know when the 1st happens. Who knows the rules on this?

The PED is performance enhancing drugs like steroids and the drug policy covers recreational drugs like marijuana so the offenses are punished differently. Because PED give you advantages on the field and recreational drugs don't, which explains the differences in punishments.

Weslye Saunders really isn't one of our guys we just signed him during the season to fill a void

I have to strongly disagree with that statement HTown. Anyone no matter how good or bad they are when they put that horseshoe on their head, they become one of OUR GUYS. Sure we as fans have players we like or don't like, sometimes even hate lol. But at the end of the day, they're an Indianapolis Colt and that's what matters. So what they do reflects on the organization, team, city, & the great fans all over the world.

That's just how I see it

:rantoff:

I think the Colts should part ways with him, he has a clear pattern of not being able to deal with this issue dating back to college.

With that said I've gotten the impression things like this don't matter as much to Pagano/Grigson as it did to Dungy/Polian and even then I think it mattered more to Dungy than Polian.  I am NOT saying it doesn't matter to Pagano/Grigson but I don't think they put as much value on it as the previous management team did.  I think Pagano/Grigson are more interested in other things when it comes to building a winning team and are willing to put up with a little more off-the field issues than we have grown used too. 

good ridden's...  I saw this on Rants Sports via Chat Sports and the author Eric Smith said that the Colts released Brazil.. I checked

the colts.com and other sites and did NOT find confirmation on this has anyone heard this.

The Colts released Brazill as a result of the failed test. Now, many will ask what this Saunders suspension means to the team.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/07/18/what-suspension-to-indianapolis-colts-weslye-saunders-means-to-the-team/?waq0b8XKfMQaLoF6.99 

When did they release Brazil? His name is still showing on the roster on Colts.com. I wonder if this article is correct?

I have to strongly disagree with that statement HTown. Anyone no matter how good or bad they are when they put that horseshoe on their head, they become one of OUR GUYS. Sure we as fans have players we like or don't like, sometimes even hate lol. But at the end of the day, they're an Indianapolis Colt and that's what matters. So what they do reflects on the organization, team, city, & the great fans all over the world.

That's just how I see it

:rantoff:

I disagree with that, Weslye Saunders was never on our radar but we had to fill a void quick during the season so Grigson just brought in an Arians guy that Arians is familiar with so the transition would be quicker because we needed him to play somewhat immediately. He wasn't a Colts player he was just glue during last season that was trying to stick.

I think the Colts should part ways with him, he has a clear pattern of not being able to deal with this issue dating back to college.

With that said I've gotten the impression things like this don't matter as much to Pagano/Grigson as it did to Dungy/Polian and even then I think it mattered more to Dungy than Polian.  I am NOT saying it doesn't matter to Pagano/Grigson but I don't think they put as much value on it as the previous management team did.  I think Pagano/Grigson are more interested in other things when it comes to building a winning team and are willing to put up with a little more off-the field issues than we have grown used too.

Meh, I see no evidence of that. If you look at the people Grigson has drafted most seem to be high character guys

But as Larry Bird said...."you can't have a team full of milk drinkers"

With that said I've gotten the impression things like this don't matter as much to Pagano/Grigson as it did to Dungy/Polian and even then I think it mattered more to Dungy than Polian. I am NOT saying it doesn't matter to Pagano/Grigson but I don't think they put as much value on it as the previous management team did. I think Pagano/Grigson are more interested in other things when it comes to building a winning team and are willing to put up with a little more off-the field issues than we have grown used too.

In 2005 of Dungy/Polian era, Mike Doss was suspended 2 games for violating the personal conduct policy, and linebacker Kendyll Pope was suspended for the entire season for violating the substance abuse policy which was at least his third offense in his two years in the NFL(our 4th round pick in 04'). That was 2 players who violated a policy in an offseason.

This year we have 2 players and a third for gun charges.

If Saunders has Attention Deficit Disorder and he has to be on adderal, this hardly seems fair.

If that was the substance, there is a method for a player to be diagnosed via physician and behavioural therapist for ADHD. Then if that substance is the prescribed remedy, then the NFL can review that and allow prescription levels for that players while Rx is valid.  A player just can't say they have ADD/ADHD and then go swallow some Adderall. Fair or not.

If that was the substance, there is a method for a player to be diagnosed via physician and behavioural therapist for ADHD. Then if that substance is the prescribed remedy, then the NFL can review that and allow prescription levels for that players while Rx is valid.  A player just can't say they have ADD/ADHD and then go swallow some Adderall. Fair or not.

Yup.

And it's not fair, but it makes sense.

Somebody...anybody needs to get our guys under control!This is becoming a joke!Who's responsible for this?Is it the guy that replaced telesco?

The team is made up of grown men who are accountable for their own actions. It's not a day care facility.

I highly doubt it was adderall. That's just what they like to float out to the public.

I guess on first place Saunders himself is responsible for that. He wasn't told to do so, and was told to stay out of trouble. Now his fate is in FO's hands.

BTW, who knows the process of such decisions of NFL. I bet he was caught far earlier. Are there any hearings before NFL decide on suspension? PED tests  has 2 probes (A and B) just like in Olympic sports?

He's tested positive twice before. He can be tested up to ten times a month. I don't know how anyone could like those odds.

The NFL players who are smart enough to pay a little more for untestable PED's don't mind the testing, but Saunders sounds like he's on a straight up 1980's pro wrestling-style 'roid regime if he's testing positive that much.

If anything, Saunders is guilty of stupidity and/or excessive penny pinchery. Why he didn't make the switch before he tested positive 3 times, I'll never know.

This is starting to concern me. Our guys are smarter than this

Our guys???  The reality of this situation is many people that are "on the bubble" are going to look for ways to stay on the roster.  They obviously hope to not get caught, but Saunders wasn't a sure thing on our roster.  Neither was Brazil.  They're each looking for a shortcut to keep themselves on the final 53.

But our guys can really more easily be said as these guys.  It's highly unlikely you see a guy like Wayne or Luck get caught with this, because they know better than to do it in the first place, and they don't need to because they work hard enough in the offseason to be THE guy. Lesser talented players will always look for ways to get ahead.

I highly doubt it was adderall. That's just what they like to float out to the public.

I agree.  Adderall would be a better choice on a gameday.  This time of year, HGH would be a desired alternative for ( the recovering injured)  many.  Or many steroid derivatives.

LOL I love how most of the players who take PED's aren't even really good.

Yes. For many, they feel it is that potential advantage that nets them an NFL paycheck instead of stocking shelves at the local grocery store.  Getting caught and suspended  is no worse than getting cut well before the teams hits 53 for lack of playmaking talent..

When did they release Brazil? His name is still showing on the roster on Colts.com. I wonder if this article is correct?

Unless they have done it today I don't think they have and Eric Smith might have gotten something wrong. 

Yea, I don't think they released LaVon Brazill

he is still listed on Roster though i dont know how current this is from colts.com team site

http://www.colts.com/team/roster.html

good ridden's...  I saw this on Rants Sports via Chat Sports and the author Eric Smith said that the Colts released Brazil.. I checked

the colts.com and other sites and did NOT find confirmation on this has anyone heard this.

The Colts released Brazill as a result of the failed test. Now, many will ask what this Saunders suspension means to the team.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/07/18/what-suspension-to-indianapolis-colts-weslye-saunders-means-to-the-team/?waq0b8XKfMQaLoF6.99 

Have not heard this at all